Diablo® III

24% Move Speed

Greetings all,

I have come here many times in the past and received some sound advice. I wanted to ask today how essential 24%MS really is? I just crafted some trifecta gloves last night (not on my profile yet) and was thinking that maybe now would be a good time to get rid of my Innas pants.

All things considered, the pants are a huge hit to my eHP, but I've never liked Lacuni's low ceiling on stats. This would leave me with only 12%MS, but potentially gigantic gains to eHP. What are your thoughts?

I'm also currently trying to slowly recraft my Shoulders/Ammy but it's a slow process given that I don't want to give up anything... it's like asking for the same 4 rolls, and then 2 more.

Many thanks for your time.

-Sark
Reply Quote
After playing for a year on my supercharged Barb, I was surprised how quickly I adapted to 12% movement. With a WD it's really no big deal ... and given that WD benefit the least from attack speed than any class I see no reason to gimp your stats with either Innas or Lacunis.
Reply Quote
Buy my pants
Reply Quote
I think 12% is fine. It really depends on personal preference. The thing about WD is that you have to stand and launch a lot, so you don't need a ton of movespeed. And depending on your build, you can also trigger Spirit walk alot which helps

ya, I run 24% on my barb too...but that will go to 12% soon when i get new boots. Sprint makes up for it
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 07:42 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
It really depends on personal preference.

This.

I've got a lot of hours in this game and all my other toons had 24%. I ran 12 with the WD for a little bit but I couldn't handle it. I switched to AR/Armor lacunis which actually increased my mit a bit but I had to find the vit elsewhere.

If the MS doesn't bother you personally go for whatever makes your toon better.
Reply Quote
Mostly it's not a big deal, but it depends on you personally and the people you run with. Some people just don't enjoy the game when it's not rolling through fast enough. If you're more of a relaxed gamer, you should be fine.

And think about what you usually run. If you play mostly MP10, then 12% ms is fine. If you tend to do some mid-mp runs for essences, then it's a problem.
Reply Quote
I tried 12%MS at first and I think its to slow :( u are always left behind cause everyone have 24%
Reply Quote
I tend to stick and move a fair bit and I find 24 much superior to 12. Esp for getting out of freeze zones faster.
Reply Quote
if you are running with GI all the time, go for rare pants. you will be using SW most of time anyway. for me i can't stand 12ms.. it's just too slow for my taste and i die more with rare pants on.. it supposed to up my survivability.. weird.
Edited by Axiom#1648 on 7/10/2013 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah I do use it alot, I am a very mobile player. Such as running around arcane enchantments, dodging in between freezes, etc so I wonder if I will claw my eyes out moving so slow.

I worry though that going lacunis will just put me in the same boat, different slot. Not a lot a vit on bracers as opposed to pants. I crafted some 300INT/6.0Crit bracers i was saving for bracers if I got an eHP cushion. This is why I bring up the 12% speed in the first place.

For those that do forgo the speed, I see a lot of rare pants over Blackthornes... why is this the case? Money? Resists? Seems like blackthornes would be the choice given the massive amount of Vit you could get from it.

Appreciate all the help thus far.
Reply Quote
Resists and more Int. I am reliant on my Blackthorns for the LOH myself.
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Sarkonis
All things considered, the pants are a huge hit to my eHP, but I've never liked Lacuni's low ceiling on stats. This would leave me with only 12%MS, but potentially gigantic gains to eHP. What are your thoughts?

It comes down to personal preference like others mentioned. Movement speed provides a defensive quality like you mentioned against frozen and allows you to avoid more stuff overall.

Consider which would benefit your playstyle the most. I decided that I can't live without 24% ms so I got some powerful lacuni's(most expensive item I have)

Blackthorne is a good choice for pants if you have some vit on other gears. I have simulated rare pants with a similar price to my BT pants and I get a little less ehp and a little more dps. The deciding factor in using BT pants is the loh.

http://d3up.com/b/330913
Reply Quote
I think 12% movement speed is fine for soloing. Really need to maximize ehp since you will be getting hit. If you're grouping up a lot, then I think the 24% at the cost of ehp can be justified as a wizard or monk would help reduce the damage you take.
Reply Quote
Personally, I like running with 24% movement speed. It also helps me to keep up with my friends who like to sprint quite a bit. Dunno why Blizzard caps this at 25%. It would be absolutely great if this limit were removed.
Reply Quote
12% is fine as long as you can keep Spirit Walk up all the time. If you cannot kill mobs fast enough to for spirit walk cooldown, I suggest you go with 24% move speed.
Reply Quote
Yeah I do use it alot, I am a very mobile player. Such as running around arcane enchantments, dodging in between freezes, etc so I wonder if I will claw my eyes out moving so slow.

I worry though that going lacunis will just put me in the same boat, different slot. Not a lot a vit on bracers as opposed to pants. I crafted some 300INT/6.0Crit bracers i was saving for bracers if I got an eHP cushion. This is why I bring up the 12% speed in the first place.

For those that do forgo the speed, I see a lot of rare pants over Blackthornes... why is this the case? Money? Resists? Seems like blackthornes would be the choice given the massive amount of Vit you could get from it.

Appreciate all the help thus far.

Even for the heavy spirit walker users, 24% just makes that even faster. It does pain me to lose the ehp from the bracers (I'm pretty sure the dps between really good crafted bracers and lacunis are about the same, at least when I loaded some into my profile I didn't benefit.)

And as for rare pants vs blackthorne's, it comes down to a balance issue.
Want absolute maximum ehp? The very best blackthorne's have it (250+vit, 70+ RA, 11%% Life.)
On those, though, you can only get 99 int, so it's not great for dps.
The best ehp/dps balance is on rares. For example, on the very best BT pants I gain 35k ehp, but lose about 20k dps.
Rares also give you an armor roll for a better balanced EHP.
Reply Quote
24% ms is not a necessity, but definitely good to have.
It excels for short distance movement...I dont need to rely on spirit walk as often for short distance travels. I can keep spirit walk more for emergency mana gen.
Also, it is very good to have for build w/o any range attack...like just pure CoB build..
Reply Quote
Some people will swear by 24% and claim that you're an idiot if you don't use it, but TBH, 24% is only better if you have insane amounts of gold to buy godly pieces for the rest of your slots, to make up for the loss of eHP/DPS from using a lacuni or inna's.
Reply Quote
07/11/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Joey
Some people will swear by 24% and claim that you're an idiot if you don't use it, but TBH, 24% is only better if you have insane amounts of gold to buy godly pieces for the rest of your slots, to make up for the loss of eHP/DPS from using a lacuni or inna's.

not insane amount of gold for ehp anymore...
if u get inna pants, you can get ehp by crafting bracers, shoulders, ammy and gloves.
I have seen quite a few successful crafts...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 7/11/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
not essential at all. with the increased mob density you are stopping so often to fight that it's not even noticeable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]