Diablo® III

Skorn Thugs (switch/talk)

07/23/2013 08:09 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
CHD is way too important to entirely skip it on your glove slot

I guess there's still a good amount of room for improvement.

Hey bro, nice STR on the mitts but keep trying for that tri.
Reply Quote
I love my LS Skorn. I ran a HotA / Rend build for a long time, but recently I've started playing around with Whirlwind and Sprint, and I'm really liking the results. I'm finding it a lot easier to keep Wrath up, even though I'm only running at the 42% IAS breakpoint. I could go higher, but I'm afraid of losing EHP. I tend to freak out a little when I'm under pressure (yes, even in a video game) so it's nice to have a safety cushion.

I don't normally run with an SoJ, because I spend most of my time in the Fields of Misery and the Weeping Hollow. When I'm DE farming, I throw one on and switch my gloves to a pair of trifecta IK Irons to stay at that 42% breakpoint.
Reply Quote
KingB
You can borrow my Skorn for a run if you think that would help you decide.
Good to see your back on top after the hack you had.
Reply Quote
View profile
KingB
You can borrow my Skorn for a run if you think that would help you decide.
Good to see your back on top after the hack you had.

Yo thanks man. I did end up going Skorn and glad I have. still need more hp but will be crafting more shoulders to hit that nice VIt/Life%.

thanks again bro
Reply Quote
@KingB

looks like you got yourself a beautiful LS skorn. im using an 11 IAS skorn with higher weapon damage + IK belt pairing. if you ever need a reference for IAS skorn set-up, have a look at mine. pretty smooth and comfy for me so far.
Reply Quote
Looks like you have set yourself up very nice.
Edited by TxWolfeman#1571 on 7/24/2013 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
@KingB

looks like you got yourself a beautiful LS skorn. im using an 11 IAS skorn with higher weapon damage + IK belt pairing. if you ever need a reference for IAS skorn set-up, have a look at mine. pretty smooth and comfy for me so far.

nice set ;)

07/24/2013 07:23 AMPosted by TxWolfeman
Looks like you have set yourself up very nice.

yea been working on it for a few weeks now.

Currently crafting ammy's...
Reply Quote
Silverfire: thank you! The simplified options you listed were a great help in building an alternate set around my SnB, without too much re-gearing. I'll play around with HOTA this weekend and see if I can get comfy with the -12k HP, otherwise I'll go back to 27% breakpoint.

Ciao.
Reply Quote
While it's pretty irrelevant to your main questions, KingBenjamin... you can find 9% Innas with 70-80str on the AH right now for around 100-300Kg. I know it's not a 200vit piece, but it's better than a "blank" slot which would even be hard to sell for over 100k.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/25/2013 06:03 AMPosted by YettiCrush
While it's pretty irrelevant to your main questions, KingBenjamin... you can find 9% Innas with 70-80str on the AH right now for around 100-300Kg. I know it's not a 200vit piece, but it's better than a "blank" slot which would even be hard to sell for over 100k.

in the future depending how my gear evolves i may go with a double vit roll innas. atm i'm sitting on a 78AR (if i remember correctly 138m). it's not as cheap as the strength one you pointed out but definetly cheaper than a double vit roll over 189 Vit 9% AS or Str/Vit split 9% AS.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 7/25/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@KingB

The weapon damage on your Skorn is actually very low. Don't confuse Weapon Damage with DPS.
Reply Quote
I see this being brought up for time to time, and I wonder, has anyone done any research on how weapon damage ranges affect actual damage? As far as I can tell, rend ticks go off average damage, so the low and high extremes of the range don't affect it. HotA and ww I'm not sure about.

But either way, I don't see why his is much worse than yours, I see 10 lower for min and 10 lower for max, you consider that a big deal?

Edit: Ok I'm guessing you meant Jer and not kingben. Nm in that case. An 11% IAS Skorn indeed needs to have ~1550 DPS+ to start getting into serious base weapon damage ranges.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 7/25/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wasn't quoting King I was quoting the guy with the IAS skorn that has 1595 top end
Reply Quote
View profile
@KingB

From what i've gathered and few weeks of skorn use experience:

The most reliable way to build a skorn barb is around a LS Skorn.

Going AIS skorn 100% of the time locks you into an IK Belt.....and as far as increasing APS:

LS skorn + WH 9% vs 11% IAS skorn + IK Belt = IAS skorn is > by .07 aps. So essentially it's a matter of .07aps vs. 4-6%LS. The dps can be debatable since you are moving the greater part of dps from weapon to belt or belt to weapon.

The idea behind all of this (for new barbs researching) is that most barbs assume you are going to use Beserker and a SoJ <----that's what we are basing our options around. We are also assuming you are not going to use War Cry.

Ehp does add to real dps (time spent actually causing dmg not kitting or reviving) so if not using SoJ/Berserker helps you stay alive then by all means it's a good choice to not die. Even if you use War Cry it's not a horrible choice. They aren't optimal gearing choices but for some that maybe the best choice.
Reply Quote
@KingB

The weapon damage on your Skorn is actually very low. Don't confuse Weapon Damage with DPS.

my bad. but while its not the best IAS skorn out there, i got it within my budget. still a decent weapon to last quite awhile. how high is considered high for weapon damage on a skorn? it was difficult to look for one that also has good amount of CD and primary stats so i made the decision to purchase the one im currently using.

agree with silverfire. i went to check the AH and realised that LS skorns always have higher weapon damage therefore IAS skorns need higher DPS to match those weapon damage (correct me if im wrong here). i guess i can continue farming for a long awhile for the next major upgrade :(
Edited by Jer#6187 on 7/25/2013 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I Think im converted now from my EF dual wield setup. >.<
I still will recommend the setup if done properly , but finally got me a decent Skorn and hit the 1.82 breakpoint which made a hell of a difference.
Reply Quote
I run a high strength skorn and it seems to work out phenomenally for me in terms of trash farming so I can maximize my rend capabilities and that I hit the 1.67 BP for WW on wotb Its my opinion on the matter but if youre taking advice from death then well I guess what I am saying is a little irrelevant considering youre talking to the zeus of 2h barbs haha
Edited by HeatOnMyMeat#1904 on 12/23/2013 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/23/2013 10:31 AMPosted by HeatOnMyMeat
I run a high strength skorn and it seems to work out phenomenally for me in terms of trash farming so I can maximize my rend capabilities and that I hit the 1.67 BP for WW on wotb Its my opinion on the matter but if youre taking advice from death then well I guess what I am saying is a little irrelevant considering youre talking to the zeus of 2h barbs haha

but. your dependant on Bloodlust for sustain, which lowers your dmg capability/efficiency.
Your using animosity which you shouldnt need to, and should use brawler for the extra dmg output.
mob density is so thick now that its up a majority of time.
and once you practice enough you wont need a fury generator and can remove cleave (which if any you shoulda used bash with punish rune if any generator)
if you play a no gen you can replace it with overpower killing spree for 10% more crit chance = more dmg output / more crits for fury procs of into the fray a domino effect causing more dps.
your not actually maximizing your rend capabilities.
Edited by InnerTurmoil#1378 on 12/23/2013 10:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 10:31 AMPosted by HeatOnMyMeat

When KB first put together his Skorn set, Death literally spent an hour lecturing him about how an LS skorn was a must. :) *I* was actually the neutral one....
Reply Quote
@silver
OT: Your friend list is full
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]