Diablo® III

Patch 2.0 = Expansion. D3 is over.

I don't know if people have figured this out, but it makes sense, doesn't it?

Why would they call the next patch 2.0 and not 1.0.9, or even 1.1?

If D3 is patch 1.0, then D3's expansion is 2.0.

I'm kind of disappointed. I was expecting a nerf to WotB, and a buff to wiz and DH. And a more elaborate pvp... at least new maps...

I'm gonna listen to the interview later today, hoping I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
Reply Quote
Based on past experience with Blizzard games, you will probably see quite a bit of the systems overhaul in the core d3 without purchasing the xpac. All the changes to things that aren't specifically new to the expansion, you know?
Reply Quote
Maybe! I will still purchase the expansion, I just can't wait to see a new class or two. But still, I was hoping new improvements in the game sooner, you know, little things while they work on the big thing.
Reply Quote
They called it "loot 2.0" as in loot revamp. They never said anything about patch 2.0, 1.1 or any other patch number.

1.0.9 was a community creation based on the fact that the itemization update was not 1.0.8.
Reply Quote
D2 LoD expansion was patch 1.07 on Diablo 2.

Just saying, software version numbering systems have little to do with content.
Reply Quote

Except that Blizzard has standardized their software versioning system since WoW.

For expansions:

BC is 2.0, Wrath is 3.0 etc.
SC2 HotS is 2.0.
Expansion for D3 would be 2.0 also.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 7/10/2013 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
...nerf this, buff that, do this do that, srsly? why does a class bother any1...its not a competitive game, at least i sure dont consider it as such, this game is about fun and how insane can u go with skills and destruction on the screen.

Why would i care there are better geared ppl just because they play a SUPPOSEDLY OP class, i dont care some famous YT/TTV streamers have the best gear in the world, i could care less ( gear they bought from AH cuz 99% bought their !@#$ from AH and they say "yah im the best come beat me" why? why would i care he is geared...have a nice life buddy whatever...) "hey that monk/dh/wd/whatever has better gear than me he is so OP nerfz plox blizz"...

Point is classes have been nerfed and buffed what more do u want, what u guys would want is that barbs would have no WW/wotb, lets take away ur Sweeping wind, or zombie bares/ archon or whatever....its just how barbs work...thats it...

whatever

cheers
Reply Quote
yeah well except that they called the changes "loot 2.0" and not "patch 2.0".

Why dont you guys wait with all the conspiracy ideas and theory crafting before we get REAL informations from them and not just some kind of blog entry where they they talk about what they talk about in the office to decide about what they should talk about next ...

sheesh ...
Reply Quote
lol you were hoping for a nerf to WOTB. How new, some impudent child wants nerfs to a class they don't main.

Why not think of buffs to other classes instead. Barb is fine, only crybabies have a problem with the class.

Why don't you whine about RNG, or botters, or multiboxers. Stuff that actually effects you, instead of trying to make the game more tedious for others. Pathetic.
Reply Quote
07/10/2013 11:39 AMPosted by bearr
Maybe! I will still purchase the expansion, I just can't wait to see a new class or two.

To satisfy my nostalgia I'll probably just watch the cinemas online and read the storyline and class stuff in a wiki. Passionless developers = lackluster product, unfortunately.
Reply Quote
I think the news that there are no news is making some folks restless...hence the tin foil hat OP statement:)
Reply Quote
...nerf this, buff that, do this do that, srsly? why does a class bother any1...its not a competitive game, at least i sure dont consider it as such, this game is about fun and how insane can u go with skills and destruction on the screen.

Why would i care there are better geared ppl just because they play a SUPPOSEDLY OP class, i dont care some famous YT/TTV streamers have the best gear in the world, i could care less ( gear they bought from AH cuz 99% bought their !@#$ from AH and they say "yah im the best come beat me" why? why would i care he is geared...have a nice life buddy whatever...) "hey that monk/dh/wd/whatever has better gear than me he is so OP nerfz plox blizz"...

Point is classes have been nerfed and buffed what more do u want, what u guys would want is that barbs would have no WW/wotb, lets take away ur Sweeping wind, or zombie bares/ archon or whatever....its just how barbs work...thats it...

whatever

cheers

well if the class imbalance isnt major, most will let it slide. but we talking about whenever you play your thinking "i should play barb, its insanely OP. but i love playing dh.... heh, i'll play barb."
Reply Quote
They called it "loot 2.0" as in loot revamp. They never said anything about patch 2.0, 1.1 or any other patch number.

1.0.9 was a community creation based on the fact that the itemization update was not 1.0.8.

liked cuz this guy is a guy with a brain
Reply Quote
I give it 20% chance the item patch is the expansion. Blizz needs to first fix d3 and win back fans before they can sell as many xpacks as possible. Been reading alot of rumors about item patch, including a possible nerf or cap to crit damage.
Reply Quote
lol you were hoping for a nerf to WOTB. How new, some impudent child wants nerfs to a class they don't main.

Why not think of buffs to other classes instead. Barb is fine, only crybabies have a problem with the class.

Why don't you whine about RNG, or botters, or multiboxers. Stuff that actually effects you, instead of trying to make the game more tedious for others. Pathetic.

IKR.

OP you should have just left it at: "I was hoping for a buff to Wiz and DH" and leave the troll Barb part out. Why do you care about anything Barb? I run every class and I long for the day that my DH and Wiz are at the SAME LEVEL as my Barb NOT the day my Barb is brought down to thier level.
Reply Quote
View profile
I do hope that there will be patches before the expansion. How many is unknown but they need to put loot 2.0 in the next big patch like they said that they would do. Or it is just another failed promise. That would not bode well for them.
Reply Quote
Wiz doesnt need a buff.
Reply Quote

whatever

cheers

I knew that you were a barb just after a few words. This not a topic on why WotB should be nerfed down as there have been so much, and Blizz already intends to nerf it so... just not soon enough. I have a barb that pretty low budget and can farm MP10 eyes closed faster than any class I have. Yeah... Funny comment tough.

Except that Blizzard has standardized their software versioning system since WoW.

For expansions:

BC is 2.0, Wrath is 3.0 etc.
SC2 HotS is 2.0.
Expansion for D3 would be 2.0 also.

That's what I was expecting too.

07/10/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Blazed

What? lol

Nerfing WotB is old news, as they WILL nerf it, as they said. I was just hoping for it to be sooner. What does my main character has to do with anything I say on other classes? I geared the five pretty well and played them about 100 hours each, at least. WotB is god mode, and barbs should be the last one to get opinions on the subject, as they don't want to loose their OP toy. If you were realistic enough, or played with other classes, you would know how barbs are OP right now. Brace yourself, a nerf is coming.

07/10/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Ace
I give it 20% chance the item patch is the expansion. Blizz needs to first fix d3 and win back fans before they can sell as many xpacks as possible. Been reading alot of rumors about item patch, including a possible nerf or cap to crit damage.

That actually makes sense! Thanks!
Edited by bearr#2157 on 7/10/2013 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]