Diablo® III

300Kdps/500Kehp for 814,205,045

So, question on the bidded items. Which ones are they, and how many hours did you spend poring over various items before you finally settled on a pair, and how many times did you end up getting outbid, and then have to restart the process. I'm curious, because any one of your items are freaking sweet, and it seems like you'd have to spend FOREVER finding a great deal on gear like that.

I mean, I try to deal hunt as much as possible, but I always seem to get outbid, I don't actually think I've gotten any GOOD piece of gear on bid. Honestly, your monk blows mine out of the water, but I know I've spent more then a billion by now on my gear(hell, the bracers I just replaced, I just sold for 100m, and that's actually a devaluation, I originally bought them for 175m back in like 1.05), and my stats aren't even close. This thread kinda depresses me :-(.

@Star, the bid items vs the buyout items I mention in the OP. The only buyout items were my Tal Rasha's chest and my O/H weapon. Everything else was bid. As to poring over auction items - yes I do. But like I said once again in the OP building a cheap Monk is one of my favourite parts of the game. I should add, for me, it's one of the necessary parts as well. Apart from the gloves, the most expensive item I've found was an IK chest which I sold for just under 45 million (after tax). I've never actually had more than about 675 million in gold at any one time and I've got 1217 hours on my Monk alone. I generally don't flip, although occasionally I will on relatively low end items if I need to buy something. Just as an example, in the last couple of days I sold a pair of gloves for 17 million that I bought for 42K and a pair of boots for 10.2 million that I bought for a 100K. In addition, the Tal's chest that I got on buyout for 10 million, my old one (which wasn't quite as good), I sold for 42.5 million. As I said, I don't usually do stuff like that unless I have a need, but that's how I afforded my marquise emeralds.

I forgot to add - Starwulf, I get outbid all the time.

Spear-chucker
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 8/13/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow. That's pretty awesome man. I must say, you likely have the patience of a saint. I enjoy hunting for a bargain as well, but after getting outbid a dozen or more times, I hit the wall and say "Nope, done, I'll pay more for it on a buyout, but at least I have it".

So, are you considering selling the set once you finish? Could be a great way to make some serious bank, I mean, a 300k DPS monk with 500k+ EHP should easily go for 2bil+, you could just start over again afterwards, making a bil profit or more every time. OR OR OR, you could do what some of the other monks did a while back, and auction it off for a donation to a charity or something, which would be pretty awesome as well ^^
Reply Quote
07/13/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Starwulf
OR OR OR, you could do what some of the other monks did a while back, and auction it off for a donation to a charity or something, which would be pretty awesome as well ^^

To be honest, never thought of that, but that's probably what I'll do when I finally get tired of the game.

As to having the patience of a saint (lol), I've been playing these kinds of games for about 30 years. When I first started playing, if you wanted your character to do something you had to type it in. Spending time in the AH is nothing compared to that.

Spear-chucker
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 7/13/2013 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
lol. I've played a few games like that(MUDs are quite fun). Never played the originals though, just a little outside my time, I'm a NES/Atari gen gamer, so I have some patience, but yeah, I can see where having to type in every little command just to play a game would build up some serious patience.

If you do auction it off, I hope it goes really well ^^ Always nice to see fellow monks giving to the REAL community(humanity itself), it helps restore some of my faith in the goodness of man.
Reply Quote
Just purchased some Inna's pants for 6,527,205 (bid). Raised my dps to 284,549. The cost of my Monk actually went down since the Inna's pants they replaced were 8 million. However, need to add the additional 700K from crafting pointed out to me by Shlink. So total cost of Monk so far is:

631,490,960 +700,000 - 8,000,000 + 6,527,205 = 630,718,165

Even though the new Inna's pants raised my dps, the loss of 60 lightning resistance was a blow to my ehp which now stands at 533,563 according to d3up. I think I am going to have to start crafting again to see if I can get some extra resistance on my amulet.

Spear-chucker
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 7/14/2013 3:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol my 300k cost a bit more, well done!
Reply Quote
Probably the highest DPS per cost ratio or any monk in the game :)

Cheers & GG,
CC-
Reply Quote
Actually, you did do very good.

I was 300k before! But I think a balance monk is more important especially OWE free.
Reply Quote
This is getting harder. Replaced Inna's pants again for 5 million which lowered the cost of the Monk by 1,527,205. However once again my ehp took a slight hit from 533,563 down to 532,267.

On the plus side raised dps to 284,901.

Total cost of Monk now at 629,190,960.

I feel I may be able to get one last big increase in dps with the right WH, other than that I believe any sizable increases will be due to crafting.

Spear-chucker (hitting the wall at the moment)
Reply Quote
Would a 5% CC nats ring with small amount of avg dmg be an increase over your current one? I've seen several over the last few days at 120m, and a few even had minute amounts of ar(like..10), or medium amounts of a single res(cold, as that's what I put in my search criteria).

Other then that, your other ring might be a spot to look. I've been spending hours and hours and hours a night poring over hundreds of pages of various rings, looking for just that right deal, and I think I've seen a few that might have been a dps upgrade for you while saccing MINIMAL vit, for around the 100-150m mark. A huge jump, but as long as you make 300k for just under 1bil, your goal is still achieved.

Edit: there is currently an EF up for bid, it's at 55m, it has 296 dex, but it's perfect aps, 12.9% Fear, has 67 Vit, and is 1254.5 DPS, so it would be a minor(probably 1-2k) dps upgrade, and a small EHP upgrade as well if you could get it for a decent price.
Edited by Starwulf#1779 on 7/16/2013 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Edit: there is currently an EF up for bid, it's at 55m, it has 296 dex, but it's perfect aps, 12.9% Fear, has 67 Vit, and is 1254.5 DPS, so it would be a minor(probably 1-2k) dps upgrade, and a small EHP upgrade as well if you could get it for a decent price.

@Star, thanks for looking mate. I just checked it out. It''s now running at just over 111 million with about 9 hours to go. Might end up being too expensive for me. Once again, I appreciate you looking.

Cheers,

Spear
Reply Quote
So close to 350k, but only really my shoulders are under 1b lol.
Reply Quote
It seems I'm the only monk left in the world who can't imagine playing without the Inna's 4 set. Having to manage spirit seems like such a distraction.
Reply Quote
Replaced Inna's pants yet again, made about 10 million on the two sales but of course that doesn't count towards the cost of the Monk. New pants cost 6.5 million so cost goes back up another 1.5 million and as seems to be the case these days lost another 34 ehp to put me at 532,233

Once again on the plus side dps now at 285, 341

Cost of Monk is 630,690,960

It's slow, but at least we're going in the right direction (dps wise anyway).

Spear-chucker (at this rate will hit 300K at about the time d4 hits the stores).
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 7/20/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
He bought the gloves, they were on the AH today....

Pretty sure they were somewhere between 1-1.5bil

He also bought the rare ring, I was looking at it to replace my Unity. It was around 1.5-2bil
Edited by Rii#1628 on 7/17/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

He also bought the rare ring, I was looking at it to replace my Unity. It was around 1.5-2bil

Thanks for your input.

Spear-chucker
Reply Quote
And this is why people come at you Rii. Comments like these (especially towards someone respected in our community) are not the best way to stop people from posting against you. Unless....you really like trolling everyone....if its that then.....you're on your own.....
Reply Quote
And this is why you're a douche Rii
I simplified this for you
Reply Quote
Nick if you want to make negative comments by all means that's your prerogative but please do not adjust my posts to be negative if they aren't. Thank you :)
Reply Quote

Please go back underneath your bridge Rii. !@#$%^-*!@er has more credibility in the monk community then you could ever dream of.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]