Diablo® III

battle.net characters on console?

Okay, I know they said we won't have access to our battle.net characters on the console and I completely understand why. Battle.net is a completely different system/platform than PSN or XBOX Live.

What I don't understand is this: Why can't they give us an option to port our characters over FROM Battle.net TO PSN or XBOX Live? I understand that it may be a little more difficult with XBOX Live but it still seems possible.

Why not give the loyal players of this game even a one time download/conversion so we can transfer via thumb drive or other external device? I know it would imbalance some things early on so maybe this is a feature they could implement a few weeks after release?

I'm not asking for a connectivity directly to battle.net, that's unfeasible. I'm asking for a way to port my character(s) that I've invested so much time in to my preferred method/console of choice.

Thoughts? Opinions? Bagels?
Reply Quote
07/11/2013 04:10 PMPosted by ImpKing
No.

Why not? I'd love to see the reasons why people don't want something like that.
Reply Quote
I like Bagel's w/veggie creamcheese.
Reply Quote
07/11/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Dedmnwlkn
I like Bagel's w/veggie creamcheese.

I like mine toasted with lunch meat and kraft american cheese singles ^.^
Reply Quote
Simply answered, they are two completely different games with different mechanics. Unless this 'porting of characters' was a one way ticket, it wouldn't work.

If I was able to port my character back and forth battle.net would be crawling with dupes, edited characters and "backed up" Hardcore heroes within no time.
Reply Quote
Simply answered, they are two completely different games with different mechanics. Unless this 'porting of characters' was a one way ticket, it wouldn't work.

If I was able to port my character back and forth battle.net would be crawling with dupes, edited characters and "backed up" Hardcore heroes within no time.

Yeah, one way for sure. I'm sorry if that was unclear but it's exactly what I meant. Just one way, and probably one time, from PC to Console, not vice versa.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]