Backup of pre-RoS builds OP.
Welcome to the Wizard Guides and Community section! If you are looking for Guides, if you want to know how to connect with the Wizard Community, if you are looking for Builds, or simply want to listen to some Wizard songs, you found the right place!
1. Builds - power your Wizard
2. Mumble setup - let's theorycraft live (work in progress 2013/09/17)
3. Wizard songs - what's behind the scenes (work in progress 2013/09/17)
4. Other guides - hunger for more Wizard information?
5. Help us grow
What spells to use to be most effective, or have most fun? What items to buy to get stronger? Enjoy the knowledge and time of our Wizard Community!Kiting Wizards
"Old Danton was always fast, faster than all the enemies of Hell. He planned every attack from longer distance, unspotted, using not just his experience, but also his great wisdom. Enormous power of Arcane and Fire crushed any attempt to slow his journeys."Archon Wizards
-Tales of Danton
"Huge laser coming from his hands. Beam of death, killing and destroying anything in his path. Archon was first who mastered the dark side of arcane power. And it was the connection with dark side which motivated The Council to end this madness, soon."CM-Based Wizards
-Memories of cirE
"... and then we found a shortcut how to cast more spells than any mage before. Wizards who followed our findings started to dominate the battlefield with both immense power and group support."
-Masters of Math, Book II.
- CM/WW: The Original™. Proc Critical Mass with Wicked Wind, then spam Frost Nova, Diamond Skin, and Explosive Blast to your heart's content.
- Shocknadoshards: The gold standard of doing a metric crapload of damage with a CM build. Very expensive, since in addition to CM's normal offensive requirements, it needs a ton of mitigation to make up for the lost defensive skills.
- Raining Meteor: A build that uses Meteor as its main attack spell, using it to refresh Diamond Skin and Slow Time and kite a little, rather than perma-freezing in melee.
- CM/Meteor Shower: Another CM build centered on Meteor spam, this one more melee focused.
- CM/LL Shower: A CM build that takes advantage of the excellent proc rate of Living Lightning to both reset cooldowns and feed AP into Meteor spam.
- Shaggalicious: No-freeze, no-windup meteor spam fueled by LL+Prodigy. Defense based on CM+DS.
- Shockquefy/Rockanadoes: You know what's better than choosing between CM/WW and meteor spam? Doing both! Multiple, very similar builds:
- Mocking Demise/CM: Outdated guide. A build focused on spamming Mirror Image and doing damage/stunning with its Mocking Demise rune.
More up-to-date build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#VQXhkf!gbW!YZccbc
- Sleet Storm CM: A CM build that uses Ray of Frost's AoE rune as its proc generator.
"He was no Barbarian or Warrior - whispers said he mastered the teleport and was able to slow the time. Was he a Wizard too? What we know is that his legacy will live forever."Other Builds
-Our Last War
"Some 'Wizards' went crazy, some even sacrificed their life for their research. What we found in their diaries was sometimes totally crazy, but sometimes damn powerful."
-So What's Out of the Box? Vol 12
-----2. MUMBLE SETUP
Want to get help, theorycraft, or just find friends? Yes, there is a D3 Wizard Mumble channel for your joy.
"We grew this big because it's in our nature to share - spread - our findings and knowledge. It is our weakness, on the other side, too.
-Just L2T, part I.
-----3. WIZARD SONGS
So, how all happened? You can read billion walls of text, but you will still miss a lot. This will change your life. I'm so sorry.
"There is much more truth in those Bards songs than one could think.
-----4. OTHER GUIDES
-----5. HELP US GROW
So, you've read through this, but you're a Good Guy Greg, right, and you want to know what you can do to help? Awesome! Leave here a post and help us make the world better.