Diablo® III

Gems need level requirements

It's silly being able to put high quality gems in your items at level 15 and being able to breeze through the game by one-shotting everything.

And it's not fun.

Please consider putting higher requirements as gem quality increases.
Reply Quote
I have to agree with this. I saw some guy with 2 Marquise Rubys, blowing through Normal.
He had one in a socketed sword and another in a helm. It defeats the purpose of the game.
Reply Quote
Anyone with a marquis gem will already have at least one other level 60 character, and since they would have almost certainly completed inferno already, they've played through the story at least 4 times. People want to level fast to get to the endgame content, and seeing most of this game is all about endgame and bettering your character, why wouldn't they want to get there fast?

Oh, and the purpose of the game is to have fun, what you deem fun is not what everyone deems fun. I enjoyed the single player 1st time, even on the different difficulties, but now, whenever i want to get a new character to 60, i'll ramp up to mp10 from the start and buy every single bit of gear i can to improve the levelling speed, and yes, that includes top level gems in lowbie gear, and using the hellfire ring.

Let people play the game how they want to, and you can play the game how you want to, as long as there's no cheating involved, what's the problem?
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Viper
Anyone with a marquis gem will already have at least one other level 60 character, and since they would have almost certainly completed inferno already, they've played through the story at least 4 times. People want to level fast to get to the endgame content, and seeing most of this game is all about endgame and bettering your character, why wouldn't they want to get there fast?

Viper makes a Valid Point.....Most people who have Marquise Gems have SEVERAL lvl 60 chars,,,,unless they are Credit Card Warriors. I have been there myself and commited the "EXCESSIVELY LARGE GEM CRIME" myself.....Lets face it, most of us get tired of slogging through content to get to Inferno. I know I did, after the second Char.

However, while it is not "Cheating," as Viper so rightly points out in the above Post,,,, it is most definitely Bad Form to enter Someone Else's game while "Over Gemmed". As an Over Gemmed player, you are effectively RUSHING the other players through Content, whether they want it or not.

If you feel the need to rush in this manner, then don't Crash someone else's public game.
Make your OWN game,,,,and peeps will play with you with you if they are of a Like mind to do so.
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Redharris
it is most definitely Bad Form to enter Someone Else's game while "Over Gemmed". As an Over Gemmed player, you are effectively RUSHING the other players through Content, whether they want it or not.

This part hadn't even entered my thought process as i've never even entered a public game, but yes, i 100% agree here. Even though i will try and blast through levelling with big gems in gear etc, i would never impose myself onto a group who actually wants to play though it 'properly'
Reply Quote
I have to agree with you as well. Its EXTREMELY irritating trying to have fun with an alt when some twink comes along and makes you feel useless. And usually when I play my alts I enjoy experiencing the story with them..
Reply Quote
It's silly being able to put high quality gems in your items at level 15 and being able to breeze through the game by one-shotting everything.

And it's not fun.

So sont do it? I find it not fun to level up so why shouldnt I be able to use gems to make it go faster?
Reply Quote
a problem is that any newbie can buy Flawless-Square-Rubies with a small amount of gold so he/she can be dominating at the early stage of the game.
Edited by Dewr#1127 on 10/20/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/20/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Dewr
a problem is that any newbie can buy Flawless-Square-Rubies with a small amount of gold so he/she can be dominating at the early stage of the game.

That's their choice. It's fine how it is.
Reply Quote
Personally, I don't like that making players to use only high attack speed weapons + gems
Reply Quote
Ur dumb. Punish people that have done normal-inferno 15 times by always making it take just as long.

Makes sense.
Reply Quote
If you don't want to blast through... Don't use the high end gems.

How is that hard?
Reply Quote
I think the gems will look better to you once Paragon 2.0 hits and we are stacking points into the stats of a new lvl 1.

If you don't like it, don't play with those who do it. You have your fun, I'll have mine. I won't impose mine on you - so please keep yours to yourself as well. Thank you ever so kindly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]