Diablo® III

So crafting 9 radiants from flawless square takes 3 hrs

Posted by Darlynn
It actually serves a purpose, since you get items/gems from the crafting.

Time. He was talking about time not serving a purpose. Of course you get gems when you craft... gems :/

Duh, it's normal that you need to invest time in a game to get something.

It's perfectly normal from perspective of game design.

Also there is quite a difference between active played time and afk time.

You can now craft gems while you sleep.

I don't think it should be made even more easier!
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Hobes

You are not FORCED to craft gems.

It's a choice.

And since it can be done AFK, just put up 6k gems to craft before going AWAY from the computer! Come back ~4 hours later, and your gems are ready!

Or...you could just code in a little math formula or whatever and allow players to make something without having to step away from the game for 4 hours...

They could. But there is absolutely no reason to.

Gem crafting is trivialized already as it is.

And I already said that it is not mandatory to craft billions worth of gems daily...

It's a choice.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Darlynn

Invest time, yes. Sit and wait, not so much. Waiting for the game to complete a task by just waiting is not good game design. It doesn't really matter what you say, it just isn't.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Darlynn

Time in game need to be fun, in first place.

You already invest time to get craft materials (killing monsters, what's fun, btw). So wait for such crafting time is pointless and not fun.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 02:24 AMPosted by Vresiberba

Invest time, yes. Sit and wait, not so much. Waiting for the game to complete a task by just waiting is not good game design. It doesn't really matter what you say, it just isn't.

It's your personal opinion that it is not a good game design.

It's just a game design that you personally don't like.

In every game where there is some kind of massive crafting possible, it takes time. In many cases you even need to click thousands of times for every single craft.

Fortunately in Diablo 3, there is an alternative to crafting - you can instantly buy the end product.

Therefore time requirement to craft gems absolutely makes sense. If crafting gems would be the one and only way how to acquire high tier gems, then your arguments against such game design would carry a bit of weight.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 02:42 AMPosted by Klapalcius

Time in game need to be fun, in first place.

You already invest time to get craft materials (killing monsters, what's fun, btw). So wait for such crafting time is pointless and not fun.

If you don't find crafting fun, don't do it!

Simple, isn't it?

Crafting insane amounts of gems is optional, not a mandatory requirement.

Therefore it's brilliant game design.
Reply Quote

What's the point to farm mobs for thousands of hours to get some items? I want full BiS set to drop off first normal mode zombie!!!

As I said, it's a CHOICE to craft the gems, by sacrificing some time. It's not mandatory to craft gems.

I don't know who you are, but I find your logic absolutely terrifying. Your opinions make me feel like my sanity is getting water boarded. The object of a game is to play it, not watch it. It's not a movie. I have to hand it to you, that is probably the biggest troll answer I have seen in about half a decade.

Crafting gems is optional aspect of the game.

Very simple.

No need to get waterboarded to understand that or keep a 5 year old register of troll answers.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 02:49 AMPosted by Darlynn
If crafting gems would be the one and only way how to acquire high tier gems, then your arguments against such game design would carry a bit of weight.

Unless the auction houses generate them, it IS the only way to acquire them. Optional or not, it's still not a good game design to have the player just sit and wait. This game is riddled with these wait states, town portals, cave pillars, joining a game, leaving a game, dying, resurrecting. Everywhere you have to wait.

This isn't an MMO where waiting at least make some rudimentary sense but in a single player action (with emphasis on ACTION) role playing game, it just doesn't.
Reply Quote
People shouldn't be forced to stop playing the game to wait for gems to craft. OP has a good point.

It's a choice.

And since it can be done AFK, just put up 6k gems to craft before going AWAY from the computer! Come back ~4 hours later, and your gems are ready!

Except it does not work that way, you can only set up one type of gem to craft. You can not craft RS gems directly from FS gems via the automated system. A clue how it works would go a long way to making a valid argument.
Edited by shreloche#1427 on 7/12/2013 3:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
its annoying at times, usually before i log off i will update my gems a bit though, set it to craft and go grab a drink or something.

really its the first set or two of gems that take so long haha
Reply Quote

Crafting gems is optional aspect of the game.

Very simple.

No need to get waterboarded to understand that or keep a 5 year old register of troll answers.

By logic or lack thereof choosing to play the game at all is OPTIONAL. Doing anything in the game is OPTIONAL, you could stand in town all day long if you wanted. You have one of the worst strawman arguments I have ever seen in a long time. Crafting is a feature, just like farming items is a feature, just like using skills is a feature, yeah you don't have to do any of that, but doing it makes life a whole lot better, and progresses you faster through the game. But I am guess you don't care about how fast people progress through the game.

It's not strawman at all. Learn the definition of strawman argumen first.

One can easily complete inferno without ever crafting a single gem.

One can't do it without ever leaving town.

If something SLOWS down your progress, why do you do it then? It's not the games problem that you CHOSE a playing style that is not optimal for you.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 03:41 AMPosted by Vresiberba
If crafting gems would be the one and only way how to acquire high tier gems, then your arguments against such game design would carry a bit of weight.

Unless the auction houses generate them, it IS the only way to acquire them. Optional or not, it's still not a good game design to have the player just sit and wait. This game is riddled with these wait states, town portals, cave pillars, joining a game, leaving a game, dying, resurrecting. Everywhere you have to wait.

This isn't an MMO where waiting at least make some rudimentary sense but in a single player action (with emphasis on ACTION) role playing game, it just doesn't.

The current "punishments" for dieing in SC are a joke. In D2 you lost 5/10% of level exp, which took hours to regrind at higher levels.

Even running around from mob pack to mob pack takes time.

Do you want a game, where you log in and, mobs run to you and just die and auto-equip all loot, since opening inventory, comparing loot also takes time?
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 03:42 AMPosted by shreloche

It's a choice.

Except it does not work that way, you can only set up one type of gem to craft. You can not craft RS gems directly from FS gems via the automated system. A clue how it works would go a long way to making a valid argument.

Of course you can't. But still the first step from FSq to PSq is ~2/3 of the whole process.

You can still upgrade 18k of previous tier gems to 6k of next tier gems with one click.
Reply Quote
just sell the flawless in the AH and buy a Radiant. < 30 seconds. :(

Right....instead of fixing the game, YOU change what you want to do. How dumb is that?

It should be as simple as click the level of gem you want and if you have the materials it makes it.

I still haven't heard a single argument, why it should be like that, except "I am impatient and I want things handed over to me NAOW!".
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 03:58 AMPosted by Darlynn
Even running around from mob pack to mob pack takes time.

And as I keep saying, doing things which takes time is one thing, doing nothing but waiting is... well, it's stupid.

07/12/2013 03:58 AMPosted by Darlynn
Do you want a game, where you log in and, mobs run to you and just die and auto-equip all loot, since opening inventory, comparing loot also takes time?

What? When did... what?!
Reply Quote
gee I do them as I go , sorry you haven't figured that out. Hundreds of hours in a game they could have benndone as you went. Why shoud blizzard chage this because you could not manage your time in the game.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 05:43 AMPosted by DeadRu
gee I do them as I go , sorry you haven't figured that out. Hundreds of hours in a game they could have benndone as you went. Why shoud blizzard chage this because you could not manage your time in the game.

Not everyone can afford to tie up the gold it takes to do that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]