Diablo® III

So crafting 9 radiants from flawless square takes 3 hrs

07/12/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Darlynn

Is that the answer to everything? "It's a gold sink"...

It's not "answer to everything".

I am just stating it how it is. They currently can't remove any goldsinks, unless they introduce some very attractive new ones!

It's not just a goldsink. It's an intentional bot farming/(RM)AH flipping deterrent. It prevents people from making a true profit by buying all the mats from the AH, then going into craft-mode to get better gems to resell for a slightly higher value.

If they didn't have such steep time requirements, then the best D3 strategy would be:
1) Buy the best gem mats you can afford to craft
2) Craft next tier gem and sell.
3) Repeat
4) ????
5) Profit

Then you just have all this gold sitting around to buy the best gear, without even playing the game. That would be a terrible design strategy.

To get the crafting delays shortened/removed, they'd have to get rid of the (RM)AHs first, which is a whole discussion unto itself.
Reply Quote
I am crafting alot now trying to get some money to improve my gear. So if u ever in need of gems get back to me and ill get u sorted
Reply Quote
I'm still grateful for it. I make a few million an hour while taking care of other stuff or using the internet, then I can still come back and play anytime I want. Seems like a good deal to me.

Also I think the price of gems would plummet to non-profitability if they were made that fast, since part of the mark up people are paying for is the convenience of not having to craft themselves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]