Diablo® III

Cinematics missing (on MacBook)

Hi I'm using a Mac to play D3 and I have lost all my cinematics I read that I was supposed to find a D3prefs.txt or something like that but I can't that file on my MacBook so does anybody could solve this problem? (I don't want answers for windows I want solutions for specifically MAC)
Reply Quote
Hello JSon,

You have the option after you started the game at the Login Screen, to click on the left side on Cinematic and watch all the sequences.

In case they are not listed or not working correctly, you have to start the Diablo 3 Launcher, click at the top on "Help" and then "Repair Tool" and run that one. Then it should be working again.

Best regards,
xynlovesit
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
JSon, you should open your D3Prefs.txt and add the following lines to it (or change their values to match what is in this post if they already exist) using TextEdit:

PlayedCutscene0 "1"
PlayedCutscene1 "15"
PlayedCutscene2 "23"
PlayedCutscene3 "143"

Your D3Prefs.txt is located in the following location:

/Users/AccountName/Library/Application Support/Diablo III/

In 10.6.8 you can navigate to this folder normally through the Finder or choose Go -> Go to Folder... from the Finder menubar and paste the line above into the text field and hit Enter and it will take you directly to that folder.

In 10.7 and later, you must hold down the Option key while selecting Go from the Finder menubar and select Library and navigate to the /Application Support/Diablo III folder or use the Go -> Go to Folder... command as in the instructions for 10.6.8.

Once you save the changes to D3Prefs.txt (after opening it with TextEdit), you will have your cutscenes back again.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
I have a problem, first I tried to go to that folder "/Users/AccountName/Library/Application Support/Diablo III/" and says that doesn't exist. Then I also put to search the file D3Prefs.txt and seems to does not exist at all. I am lost at this issue I don't know what else to do because everyone says to mod the D3Prefs.txt but I don't have it, so please help me.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
The "AccountName" portion of that directory listing is your computer's account name. So if you have an account name of "billybob" the directory you would go to is /Users/billybob/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Diablo III/.

I can guarantee you that if you can launch Diablo 3 and exit the program normally, that file is created as it stores your graphics settings and cutscene info. If you're running 10.7 or later, while in the Finder hold down the Option key and select Library from the Go menu. From there you will see an Application Support folder. Go into that folder and you will find a Blizzard folder (mybad for leaving that particular folder out of the address above - that was my fault). Inside that Blizzard folder you'll see a Diablo III folder. That contains your D3Prefs.txt.

Make the necessary changes to it and you're golden.
Reply Quote
TheTias thank you very much I didn't found the D3Prefs.txt in a folder but I used a finder which is called EasyFind where you can search even text or content inside documents. I searched for "PlayedCutscene" then I found it and open it and finally modify it as you told me before.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Glad it worked out for you! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]