Diablo® III

Great Week

After not getting the chance to play much during the previous couple of weeks, the opportunity to do so during the past couple of days hasn't disappointed.

- After crafting my best HF (http://imgur.com/KBSZaVF) ring yet, I was able to get the last characters to lvl 60.
- The IK chest equipped with Hagan dropped while giving waypoints/killing bosses for a friend
- Crafted my two best rolled amulets yet, equipped with Devana and Mannix.

Nothing to write about alone, but that combined with my favorite D3 moment yet motivated this topic, to ask how everybody else's week is going.

That favorite moment, it happened while levelling a monk. After killing an elite pack, then all but one Fallen Maniac upon turning the next corner, the one remaining having been knocked back about half a screen length. It would have died from the third strike of the monk's combination, but instead was followed by a ball of hellfire and was disintegrated an instant after landing. No wasted motion, perfect timing, the cap of a great week.

Now I'm broke, happy, and about to start saving gold to buy a Witching Hour for my DH. How about you, what's your story?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
That is a fine way to highlight a great week. Those Fallen Maniacs are treacherous, and I know I'd be thrilled if I was saved from one by a Hellfire Ring proc in Hardcore. Good hunting out there, and I hope the rest of your weekend is just as good!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the response and well wishes. How did DIII treat you this week, any battle stories to tell?
Reply Quote
I came back after a 3 month hiatus to find that everybody is rolling in 4 man teams on high mp...weird. But 484 mf is unbelievable, I've gotten 9 legs in 2 days (probably 6 total hours gaming), and 2 of them brought me 24m igg (the other 7 became brims and then worthless ammys, but still). I'm glad that it's still possible to make some money with decent luck and am looking forward to what 1.09 brings us.
Reply Quote
Finally bested my last HC character by reaching Act II Hell. Don't know why, but the Butcher always beats me. Maybe it's because I tend to run channeling builds :p
Reply Quote
Just hit paragon 100 on hardcore for the first time, felt good.
Reply Quote
Quite, having just dove head first into HC after being bored overall with the game (SC) trudging through hell at a solid pace on my way to the first lvl 60 HC character. Now if I could just figure out how the hell I wanna build this barb.
Reply Quote
I realized the game isn't going anywhere for a few months, and thus pretty much quit playing until a new patch.
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Bryanw1995
I came back after a 3 month hiatus to find that everybody is rolling in 4 man teams on high mp...weird. But 484 mf is unbelievable, I've gotten 9 legs in 2 days (probably 6 total hours gaming), and 2 of them brought me 24m igg (the other 7 became brims and then worthless ammys, but still). I'm glad that it's still possible to make some money with decent luck and am looking forward to what 1.09 brings us.

Hardcore is much different than when I began this winter, and you were here before that, so the additional changes you've witnessed can only be imagined.

07/12/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Joren
Finally bested my last HC character by reaching Act II Hell. Don't know why, but the Butcher always beats me. Maybe it's because I tend to run channeling builds :p

07/12/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Sephiroth
Just hit paragon 100 on hardcore for the first time, felt good.

From the early stages to the end-game. Congrats for p100, Sephiroth! We've all been there, Joren, from death we learn. Remember that if there is something which continues to cause issue, this is a great place to ask for ideas or suggestions to test.

07/12/2013 11:33 AMPosted by WhiteFox
Now if I could just figure out how the hell I wanna build this barb.

Indeed, whatever is Chesty La Rue to do?!

A Whirlwind build didn't appeal until recently, perhaps because it now may not be possible for much longer. A HotA, Rend or Throw build could also be fun. Whatever you decide to do, I probably have some gear stashed that could help. Nothing spectacular, but solid for a new lvl 60, add me in-game if interested.

07/12/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Xane
I realized the game isn't going anywhere for a few months, and thus pretty much quit playing until a new patch.

I'm excited to see what is announced at Blizzcon of patch 1.0.9, too. Until November!

Edit: Grammar
Edited by MonTerran#1251 on 7/12/2013 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The great week continues! Even drops which before being picked up cause us to think: 'wonder if the amulet will roll well?', are rolling well ... http://imgur.com/B8Kuy7R

I should take breaks more often!
Reply Quote
This week has been awesome for me. For some reason, legendaries are dropping like candy all of a sudden. I think I've easily gotten at least 20 to drop for me in the past few days, one of them was the Tal's chest my wizard's wearing. (I freaking flipped when I saw the roll on that.)

Here's to hoping my luck continues.
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 7/12/2013 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Gratz Mon.

Funny how the blues ignores the fundamental issue of hardcore, sweeping it under the rug and posting random cats and dogs. Its all over the forums.

07/12/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Grimiku
That is a fine way to highlight a great week. Those Fallen Maniacs are treacherous, and I know I'd be thrilled if I was saved from one by a Hellfire Ring proc in Hardcore. Good hunting out there, and I hope the rest of your weekend is just as good!

Here let me help, here's just a hand few.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9423162302

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377489144#10

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377489509#15

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9341334040?page=1

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5794629894?page=1
Edited by lamadoo#6368 on 7/13/2013 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 11:06 PMPosted by MimSiEOD
This week has been awesome for me.

Good to read, nice vit roll MimSiEOD. Are you considering joining the HC ranks? If so, go for it, you might be surprised how much you like it!

07/13/2013 12:05 AMPosted by lamadoo
Gratz Mon.

Thanks!

I'm excited of what will be revealed during Blizzcon this November, patch 1.0.9, and eventually the expansion(s).

Oh, and there is another item to share with everybody. Just before logging off for the day, I decided to have a look over at ye olde d2jsp. With only 10m gold to my name, nothing much was expected, just wanting to catch up with what was happening. As it happened, somebody was offering an unid Calamity, we agreed to trade for my 10m, and I set test my luck of rolling an upgrade.

http://imgur.com/aKYwa9J

It was revealed to be a sidegrade, and am now presented with the desirable problem of which to keep and which to use for trade toward another upgrade for my DH.

Thanks for reading along! Have thy any tales to tell? If so, do favour us!
Reply Quote
Some of my clanmates have been bugging me to make a self-found HC character to see what kind of drops & crafts I can get. I may just do so. :)

Too bad nearly everything else on my wizard was either AH fodder, or donated by other wizards... now THAT would've made an epic story had I rolled that stuff, LOL! I did do fairly decently on the ring & glove rolls tho... oddly enough, that ring beats the int/str trifecta ring I had on my barb. (It's on AH now because I bought a ring with a socket that gives me a net damage gain with a relatively low-quality gem.) I had originally bought it for my wiz.
Edited by MimSiEOD#1720 on 7/13/2013 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Some of my clanmates have been bugging me to make a self-found HC character to see what kind of drops & crafts I can get. I may just do so. :)

After hopefully getting a hero to p100, that may well be next on my DIII list as well. If the change to HC-SF is half as enjoyable for you as the switch just to HC was for me, I think you'll be happy for it!
Reply Quote
So, Hardcore Self-Found may yet be while, but that doesn't mean I can't try something else!

I joined my first public game today, reducing the MP level fir the test, and it went well. We started with two, then fluctuated between 3 and 4 until completing the Act II MP3 key run, which included the VotA, Oasis and Channels.

The key dropped, along with a Won Khim Lau, which rolled perfect lightning skill %, damage % and a socket: http://imgur.com/4CXBIoM. The DPS roll didn't cooperate, but we can't have it all every time!

Best of fortune with your battles today!
Reply Quote
Here we go again...

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/4779/diabloiii20130206191259.jpg
Reply Quote
As with most things, balance is key. A run of fortune must be balanced with some misfortune. Such was the case this evening, as the spirits of the Unformed Land came calling for my DH.

Though the details or her death will go unmentioned, she lived and fought well, as did her allies, who could do nothing to save her. Her death is met resound with the knowledge that this has all happened before and will all happen again. The end is fated upon the beginning, old age is not for all, and there will always be another to continue on.

Sought not is condolence, for Anpaka has returned from the Unformed Land. Having seen Devana to The Halls of the Honoured Dead, all the host of the Burning Hells shall now know her wrath.
Reply Quote
07/13/2013 12:58 PMPosted by MimSiEOD
Here we go again...

Nice drop, do I see an Archon Wizard of your future?!
Reply Quote
RIP your DH. It happened so fast... :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]