Diablo® III

Noob mistake. (Don't make my noob mistake.)

Well, I was running my toon Wizicide through a4 hell the other day... He was lv 59-7/8 with all my lv.60 gear in his inventory just waiting to go. Well, I screwed up, wormholed into some nasty affixes and boom, all my best gear as well as most of my gold is gone.

Just a little reminder that no matter how comfortable you are with the class you're playing, don't get too relaxed and don't carry gear you don't need to. It stings.

(I just thought I'd share, maybe remind someone else like me not to be stupid... I can't be the only idiot in hc.)
Have a nice day all. =)
Reply Quote
I did the same thing two days ago with my Wiz.. the first Wiz HC I had run.. I couldn't play for a few hours, then there I was running and gunning a barb and licking my self wounds.. next time....I will do it differently...ya sure..
Reply Quote
Ouch, that's unpleasant. RIP and gl on the re roll
Reply Quote
I actually carried all my gear with me until lvl 15 when I was leveling the alts. I was thinking how convenient to just look in my inventory and see what I can use. It then dawned on me, I was playing hardcore and I could lose it all.

Funny story: One guy got the Infernal Machine plan. I told him, go stash it or use it right now as I know it can be a pain to get when starting out. Then the same game, this guy finds a Manticore. Seeing as they were starting out, I told him to stash it too. Then one of them says, Mush, did you lose things before? The only thing I lost on my barb was rares when he died, but I make a mental note to TP back and stash when safe if I find a good legendary.
Reply Quote
The minute you feel comfortable and get careless, BOOM.
My barb almost died from 3 of those exploding dudes in Act 3 mp0 yesterday cause i was hulk smashing everything and used a pretty offensive build.
got too carried away HoTAing stuff when i didn't see those glowie blobs heading towards me.

Had to pause for a moment after that.
Good luck and shoot me a message if you need some bosses cleared
Reply Quote
View profile
ah man sorry for your loss. for what its worth, my graveyard is populated with mistakes as well hahaha. its worth noting, that although it seems like a good idea to put your best gems in your sockets, 4% xp is not worth the gold you'll lose when you die XD, just a little wisdom from my end, in hindsight stories like this always end up being good for a laugh.

good luck in the future, hope to see you back.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I learned to always bank anything useful in my inventory, and also when I make sure I do not keep my requirements -18 gear on my toon past 50. It is expensive, and -9 is much cheaper, so I swap out quite a bit as I go higher.

Leaned that from my dead barb and his very expensive 2 hander he died with.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
Look for a friend request from me, Disease. I have a little something that might help you out. Looking at your graveyard, it looks like you've had a rough time with wizards this past couple weeks, losing your first level 60 one, and then this one (with all your gear in his inventory) getting soooooooooo close to 60, and losing your newest one early this morning. :(

Galx
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I can never shake the feeling that death is always peeking in my backpack, and just waiting for the optimal time to pounce. This nagging superstition pretty much guarantees that I will immediately port to town the moment I pick up anything remotely valuable. Thank you for sharing this warning, Disease, I hope it reminds others to be careful.
Reply Quote
lol i posted about my monk death awhile back.

I was fighting mobs, doorbell rings. it's a solo game so i press ESC to pause the game.
After some time, i get back only to find my monk, dead, and my cat, sitting on my keyboard.

ALWAYS disconnect if you're gonna walk away from the game.
Not even idle in town.
Reply Quote
View profile
Look for a friend request from me, Disease. I have a little something that might help you out. Looking at your graveyard, it looks like you've had a rough time with wizards this past couple weeks, losing your first level 60 one, and then this one (with all your gear in his inventory) getting soooooooooo close to 60, and losing your newest one early this morning. :(

Galx

:hug:
Reply Quote
Well, I was running my toon Wizicide through a4 hell the other day... He was lv 59-7/8 with all my lv.60 gear in his inventory just waiting to go. Well, I screwed up, wormholed into some nasty affixes and boom, all my best gear as well as most of my gold is gone.

Just a little reminder that no matter how comfortable you are with the class you're playing, don't get too relaxed and don't carry gear you don't need to. It stings.

(I just thought I'd share, maybe remind someone else like me not to be stupid... I can't be the only idiot in hc.)
Have a nice day all. =)

A lesson learned the hard way. And you certainly are not an idiot, nor alone. This is a lesson that was etched in my skull since D2. The difference then was that if you lost the character, you also lost everything in his stash. Therefore every time you found something worthy, you had to transfer it to a mule (before dying).
Reply Quote
I leaped into a pack of 5 or 6 Demented Fallen with my first barb, you're not alone in idiocy hehe
Reply Quote
lol i posted about my monk death awhile back.

I was fighting mobs, doorbell rings. it's a solo game so i press ESC to pause the game.
After some time, i get back only to find my monk, dead, and my cat, sitting on my keyboard.

ALWAYS disconnect if you're gonna walk away from the game.
Not even idle in town.

Ban for pking. :p
Reply Quote
ah man sorry for your loss. for what its worth, my graveyard is populated with mistakes as well hahaha. its worth noting, that although it seems like a good idea to put your best gems in your sockets, 4% xp is not worth the gold you'll lose when you die XD, just a little wisdom from my end, in hindsight stories like this always end up being good for a laugh.

good luck in the future, hope to see you back.

If everyone used an amethyst gem instead of ruby, there would be far fewer deaths and wasted paragon levels. Far more time is lost dying than time saved leveling a tiny bit faster. Even in softcore, most people realize that amethyst gems are superior to rubies. I lost another barb in the 30s while being power leveled because I had cains set and the wrong gem in helm. Lag got the best of me because my ehp sucked when I gimped myself.

To the OP: use level reduce gear by level 50 so you can be OP for hell. Wear a shield too, you don't need high dps to get to level 60.
Edited by Ace#1696 on 7/12/2013 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
HO Snap! Sorry for your double loss.
Reply Quote
During my sleep I always have a dream of myself playing my DH. When I am near death I quickly wake up and grip my pillow as if it's a keyboard and quickly keep hitting the smoke screen skill. After pressing my pillow non stop I am fully awake and went back to sleep.

True story ~
Reply Quote

You got Nyan'ed. Sorry. Had to say it >_<

One of the few reasons I don't play HC.. :)
Reply Quote
Lol, thanks for the kind messages community. =)

I started LatestWiz today, I'd say wish me luck, but I'd be better off if you wish me common sense. =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]