Diablo® III

The 5 Kingdoms: Discussion of Terms P2

Just getting this started again. I don't know why the first one was deleted,...it'd be nice to know why. It's just a thread discussing a cross-forum community competition.

----------------------------------------

Here was one of my last posts with one of our more recent ideas that I happened to have still in cache :

-----------------------------------------
Personally, I'd rather not stagger the events. I know its a comp and all, but we all have different schedules and it might be difficult to pull together the same four-person team for one night, much less three nights. You'd have to have alternates play for some of the nights if someone can't make it. Swap gear all around between team members, etc. And a 5 minute Rakkis/Siege video would kind of be a little silly. If you just run them back-to-back-to-back and its under 30 minutes then I dont' think thats an undue burden on anyone.

I understand spacing them apart...build drama...leader board...time to beat, etc. If that's the case, then why not make three 15 minutes challanges:

- Ubers with 2 stacks
- Rakkis Bridge/FOS
- Palace run plus Belial.

At least then each run is ~15 minutes....and makes it more worth everyone's time to get together.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Note: We're just trying to have some fun.
Note2: please report this thread if you don't want us to have any fun.
Note3: please then create a new thread explaining ways for us to have fun.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 7/12/2013 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh, I did the palace run plus Belial. The palace run was actually alot shorter than I had remembered. Only 2 elites maybe ....plus Belial...which I could not kill as an SNS wiz, ofc. I guess that's why we're doing this as a team, lol. So, that offers a challenge and neutralizes the SNS wiz in this specific instance.

Paranoyed suggested a run through Towers and Core in A3. That's not bad.

- Start at Tower of the Cursed Level 1 waypoint
- Work your way down to the Core of Arreat
- Through Core and on to kill Azmodan

Yeah, Azmodan is a snoozefest. But the farming route is nice.
Reply Quote
Okay, couldn't find original in my post history and got insanely confused!

As soon as we settle on a specific set of events I should be able to slam out a team of 4 relatively quickly ... but I will need some time to accumulate the RSVPs.

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
If these threads would stop being reported it would really help. Someone is working awfully hard to disrupt this contest...

I think the last thing Morpheus said was:

1. Act 1 - Warrior's Rest + Crypt of the Ancients + Ubers
2. Act 2 - Palace Run + Belial
3. Act 3 - Core + Azmodan
4. Act 4 - Diablo

Which sounds like a pretty well rounded setup to me. I think there's still some folks that would like to see a more extensive farming run but we're going to have to agree on this so we can move forward!
Reply Quote
I hope Morpheus didn't get 24'd again...
Reply Quote
07/12/2013 03:16 PMPosted by silverfire
I hope Morpheus didn't get 24'd again...

^^ This....

Who the heck keep reporting this competition thread?
Reply Quote
It is ridiculous that these threads keep getting deleted and posters continue getting banned. There is clearly nothing commercial or sinister about this contest - it is purely in the interest of the people. C'mon Blizzard!

I think the last thing Morpheus said was:

1. Act 1 - Warrior's Rest + Crypt of the Ancients + Ubers
2. Act 2 - Palace Run + Belial
3. Act 3 - Core + Azmodan
4. Act 4 - Diablo

I missed this post, but I like the simplicity of this run. I also think we should get something confirmed so we can get the ball rolling on the competition. I'm eager to get working on a team together :)
Reply Quote
@Druin - Morpheus asked me to pass the message on that "the challenge has begun".

I didn't even know we had ironed out the final details of the challenge or picked teams LOL
Edited by Zaknaril#1820 on 7/14/2013 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]