Diablo® III

Which Zuni piece to replace when using mojo?

As the topic says, which Zuni piece would be the best to replace, when using String of Skulls?

I would think to replace the Pox, but I don't want to drop that 70 AR. Using a Tal's chest would be an interesting experiment, but again, I'd lose a lot of AR (going with a ~240 vit and ~250 armor tals chest).

What exactly would I be able to replace and have it be a decent upgrade?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Joey-1757/hero/29250763
Reply Quote
Why replace anything? Do you have items that would be better than your current Zuni set? You can wear 5 pieces, you know.
Reply Quote
Well you have a few options. The boots aren't as beneficial to you with a 1hander, especially a Manajuma's, so you can go for REALLY high EHP ice climbers with like... High Int, Vit, +AR, Armor, PuR. With your Amulet, if you aren't mana starved you can go for the Tal's which also has the benefit of buffing your fire-bats 3%. If you have the funds one really cool thing I saw was a person using VoG, SOJ and 6% skull grasp all with -summon zombie dogs, in effect being a 0Dog/CoB without the crappy homunculus.

You've always also got the option of going to a nice rare ring which I did for a while. If you're interested I have one with 90 int, 44% CHD, 4.5% CC, 55 RA, 203 armor, and +26 max damage.
Reply Quote
go for mempo if you can handle extra attack speed or wear fb vog like me :)
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 12:03 PMPosted by superpope
The boots aren't as beneficial to you with a 1hander, especially a Manajuma's

Eh? But my Manajuma's has poison damage.

you can go for REALLY high EHP ice climbers with like... High Int, Vit, +AR, Armor, PuR.

And run at 0% movespeed? No thanks. Movespeed ice climbers with high stats are way too expensive as well.

With your Amulet, if you aren't mana starved you can go for the Tal's which also has the benefit of buffing your fire-bats 3%.

Already said that I can't do that. Would lose too much AR from my zuni chest.

If you have the funds one really cool thing I saw was a person using VoG, SOJ and 6% skull grasp all with -summon zombie dogs, in effect being a 0Dog/CoB without the crappy homunculus.

Dropping BOTH rings? That'd be a giant AR loss.
Reply Quote
Tals helm would add ar without losing dps/life and give you the fire boost from the tals 2 piece.
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Saxon
Tals helm would add ar without losing dps/life and give you the fire boost from the tals 2 piece.

Hm...that could work. Though I'd lose all of my +max mana on gear.

Trying it out with a 260int 5.5CC Tals helm, I am noticing slightly higher CoB damage, but using SoS also forces me to wear my PUR Witching Hour, as opposed to my normal Witching Hour that has 260 armor and 50 phys resist.

I suppose this set would work when I'm soloing with my CoB build. Though it is rather annoying having a single CoB cast eat 1/3 of my mana.

Overall, it appears to be a loss of 250 max mana, ~10 AR and ~100 armor, and a gain of ~3k dps plus 3% extra CoB damage
Edited by Joey#1757 on 7/14/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yah, if you can sustain your mana the tals helm is a nice ar upgrade, if you find a high ar one without losing life or dps. You could go vog too, but you'll lose life and gain ar/mana regeneration. I think the helm is the spot to change out if you have a nice Zuni sos. You just have to find your sweet spot.
Reply Quote
Yeah, Tals helm works out fine, for the most part. Still trying to work out whether or not the 3% extra CoB damage is worth the loss of max mana and being forced to use a PUR belt, sacrificing phys resist and armor.
Reply Quote
For tal's helm,
I lose the damage, max mana, and VIT from the zuni helm, but I gain 75 AR (-int) and 300+ armor, that is lots of mitigation and 3% damage.
Reply Quote
View profile
The boots aren't as beneficial to you with a 1hander, especially a Manajuma's

Eh? But my Manajuma's has poison damage.

you can go for REALLY high EHP ice climbers with like... High Int, Vit, +AR, Armor, PuR.

And run at 0% movespeed? No thanks. Movespeed ice climbers with high stats are way too expensive as well.

With your Amulet, if you aren't mana starved you can go for the Tal's which also has the benefit of buffing your fire-bats 3%.

Already said that I can't do that. Would lose too much AR from my zuni chest.

If you have the funds one really cool thing I saw was a person using VoG, SOJ and 6% skull grasp all with -summon zombie dogs, in effect being a 0Dog/CoB without the crappy homunculus.

Dropping BOTH rings? That'd be a giant AR loss.

Your knife isn't a black weapon - hence it doesn't take full advantage of the 7-8% elemental damage from the boots. A black weapon is a weapon that has no elemental effect. Only the non-elemental part of your weapon gets an elemental bonus.

Why would you lose All Resist from a Tal's chest? They can roll the same resist all. You could lose the 188 armor, but obviously gain massive dps if you can sustain the attack speed.

To answer your original post, Tal's chest and Visage of Giyua are decent replacements. The Tal's is huge dps, and the Visage has reduced firebats, if that's your main damage skill.

And agree with superpope that Ice Climbers are a solid replacement as well since you aren't making the most of the Trails. Yup you would want movement speed on them, but your original post didn't say "what cheap replacement can I get." :)
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 7/14/2013 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 10:41 PMPosted by GunnersDream
Your knife isn't a black weapon - hence it doesn't take full advantage of the 7-8% elemental damage from the boots. A black weapon is a weapon that has no elemental effect. Only the non-elemental part of your weapon gets an elemental bonus.

The elemental damage doesn't apply to the elemental part of a weapon? I thought it did, if the elemental % matches the element of the weapon. Even if it doesn't, I'm very sure that it will with the next patch.

They can roll the same resist all.

Yes, but one with 200 or more vitality costs 800mil or more.

but your original post didn't say "what cheap replacement can I get." :)

It didn't exactly say "I have 5bil to spend" either.
Edited by Joey#1757 on 7/15/2013 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Joey, get rid of the pox...and go with a much higher dps rare. This is what I would do. Looking at your spec, i see you've got rid of the helm instead. Its not a bad idea getting that 3% bonus.

If you're gonna go this route, then aim for a 800 armor tals helm. That would put you ever so close to that fabled 4k armor plateau that everyone these days tries to achieve

Also a black dmg weap would be better to maximize dps on the elemental bonus as well as the bonus on your ammy and boots
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 7/15/2013 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 08:21 AMPosted by fabbyhunter
Joey, get rid of the pox...and go with a much higher dps rare. This is what I would do.

I would, but I don't want to drop AR. I already feel a tad squishy in MP10 even with ~785 unbuffed AR.

If you're gonna go this route, then aim for a 800 armor tals helm.

Also a black dmg weap

I don't have enough money for either of these.
Reply Quote
The Tal's helm is an interesting choice with Tal's amulet, but especially as a 1-hander I dunno that I would have wanted to drop the bonus mana from the helm for a little bit more DPS. +Maximum mana can really save your !@# sometimes, and it isn't like you can get THAT much more out of the slot for cheap.
Reply Quote
I've been using tal's helm for about 2 or 3 months now and I love it. i'm currently looking to get a bit more as gear aswell, for a cob build and with the soj, you can definetly support a fair bit of as. the max mana from the zuni helm is quite nice too so it is a bit of trade off.
Reply Quote
View profile

The elemental damage doesn't apply to the elemental part of a weapon? I thought it did, if the elemental % matches the element of the weapon. Even if it doesn't, I'm very sure that it will with the next patch.

They can roll the same resist all.

Yes, but one with 200 or more vitality costs 800mil or more.

but your original post didn't say "what cheap replacement can I get." :)

It didn't exactly say "I have 5bil to spend" either.

You didn't say any budget, so why would anyone assume anything? If you want a replacement within a certain budget, please list it. It will make it a lot easier to make suggestions.

That is precisely how elemental bonus damage works. It applies the bonus to the non-elemental part of your weapon. On a black weapon, that is the whole weapon. On an elemental weapon, it is only part of it. Basically it makes having elemental damage on a weapon ALWAYS bad except a very few circumstances when you have the cold elemental and it actually affects a skill (like spectral blades.)

And regarding fixing it in a new patch, they said what they will most likely do is make a new affix that works how you'd expect it to, while leaving all existing items the way they are.

Next patch is earliest after blizzcon (November), so I wouldn't worry much about it at this point.
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 7/15/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What about using BT surcoat with BT pants for the 100 vit bonus and reduced ranged damage? That would be some pretty good ehp with a pair of 250+ vit BT pants. Just putting that out there. This would be the ehp option as opposed to the tal chest dps option. I know some of you guys are obsessed with ehp but don't want to take the dps hit of a shield.

Tough to find a good BT chest with int and armor though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]