Diablo® III

Anyone else excited about AC4?

Just wondering if anyone else here plays Assassin's Creed games.

I'm getting really amped up. Gonna have to try to balance Diablo and AC4.
Reply Quote
I dunno. General consensus of AC3 was pretty meh. It's gotten to the point where the series seems to be following the CoD syndrome where they just release a polished version of the previous game.

I started noticing it with Revelations where the only new content was literally the clothesline-hanging, a few gimmick combat moves with the hook-knife and a terrible rendition of tower defense, and from what I remember the few times I actually played AC3, ship gameplay and jumping around trees was the only new content. I think the combat got a complete overhaul though, but I vaguely remember not a lot of people liking AC3's combat anyway.

The reason AC2 was so good over the original game was because of how much content was added; a lot of which fixed the problems surrounding the first, and even though Brotherhood practically followed suit, it gave us the assassin recruit gimmick that was a freaking unbelievable addition to the gameplay. They didn't feel like copies of the previous game like I had with Revelations and AC3.

So ya, I'm probably not gunna blindly pick up AC4 until after hearing reviews from the general public.
Edited by Retloclive#1656 on 7/16/2013 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Retloclive
I dunno. General consensus of AC3 was pretty meh. It's gotten to the point where the series seens to be following the CoD syndrome where they just release a polished version of the previous game.

Couldn't be more true. I personally lost interest after Brotherhood.
Reply Quote
i'm looking forward to quite a few Ubisoft games.
they just seem to be on a roll right now.

as far as Assassin's Creed...
AC1-had the best characters
AC2-had the best story
ACB-had the best gameplay experience
ACR-total garbage
AC3-just an overall enjoyable historical experience
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]