Diablo® III

Multiboxing

(Locked)

Is Multiboxing allowed?
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=2#25

Again, the question of whether or not multiboxing is permitted is a very hard one to address.

You are free to play more than one character at the same time using more than one client at the same time, but each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client. This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

Multiboxing characters must be controlled 100% by the player!
Now if only Blizzard took this stance on Multiboxing for WoW.

They literally do not give 2 !@#$s. Why? Because they got their money from the sale of the "client".
Now if only Blizzard took this stance on Multiboxing for WoW.

They literally do not give 2 !@#$s. Why? Because they got their money from the sale of the "client".

Umm I have seen 4box players in bg's in WoW, so you can multibox in both D3 and woW.
Now you've done it m8.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=2#25

Again, the question of whether or not multiboxing is permitted is a very hard one to address.

You are free to play more than one character at the same time using more than one client at the same time, but each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client. This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

Multiboxing characters must be controlled 100% by the player!

And if you use the multibox software to send the commands this is considered legal on the Games side. It cannot determine if a player or a person pressed the command.
Absolutely.

I'd be tempted to give it a go but I really don't know enough about computers to make it happen. Things like computer requirements needed to run 4 accounts and safe programs to use that don't break ToS and of course if the experience would be as lag free as playing 1 account are all uncertain and prevents me from trying it.
I multibox:

DHs = Rapid fire grenades
monks = tempest rush
barbs = weapon throw
wiz = Archon
I haven't yet decided if I want WDs yet. Cant figure out a build that would work with 4 of them.

Its a lot of work sometimes, especially with certain elite affixes. But it is way more fun than just running one.

that sounds so awesome
Why multibox? Too afraid to take the full step and just start botting?
07/15/2013 06:31 AMPosted by Kil
Why multibox? Too afraid to take the full step and just start botting?

Why use the RMAH? Too afraid to support illegal 3rd party?
Why purchase Diablo 3? Too afraid to hack an account? Too afraid to pirate?

You might find it surprising but some Diablo fans don't want to break the rules to progress.
Multiboxing is allowed by Blizzard. Botting is not.
07/15/2013 04:08 AMPosted by Wxmyjnsn
Is Multiboxing allowed?

Yes.

Try the search feature next time.

Stop trolling.

Sorry, but you're wrong. This is what Vaneras said on the EU forums:

"This is a very tricky topic to address, because there are quite a few different approaches to multiboxing out there and only some of them goes against our Terms of Use."

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768#15

This means that the blanket statement "multiboxing is allowed" is false. Now, I only know about two, maybe three ways to multibox. One is via a complicated array of KVM switches and multiple monitors, and another through a software called ISBoxer.

Were I to hazard a guess which one of these different approaches goes against the ToS, as Vaneras suggested, it would be ISBoxer. But then again, it's only a guess.
MVP
View profile
Multiboxing is tolerated so long as all actions originate from the human player and each character does not act / react automatically to a given situation.

IE, you must control, and decide action for every character you're multiboxing.

I won't argue semantics of "3rd party programs" or "keycloning is automation" because I simply don't have the energy for it, I will just say confidently however that so long as YOU ARE COMPLETELY CONTROLLING ALL CHARACTERS you are permitted to multibox.

If you would like clarification on what automation is, I can provide it. Just remember that I am not a Blizzard Employee and I DO NOT speak officially on Blizzard's behalf.
07/15/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Vresiberba

Yes.

Try the search feature next time.

Stop trolling.

"This is a very tricky topic to address, because there are quite a few different approaches to multiboxing out there and only some of them goes against our Terms of Use."

This means that the blanket statement "multiboxing is allowed" is false. Now, I only know about two, maybe three ways to multibox. One is via a complicated array of KVM switches and multiple monitors, and another through a software called ISBoxer.

Were I to hazard a guess which one of these different approaches goes against the ToS, as Vaneras suggested, it would be ISBoxer. But then again, it's only a guess.

You would guess wrong.

There is no way to send commands to more than one character at the same time, which if you read the quote is clearly stated as okay, without the use of third party software. InnerSpace sends the commands not ISBoxer which only edits and exports profiles.

Think of InnerSpace as a conduit through which your commands are then sent directly to the multiple D3 clients. Instead of simply issuing a command directly to D3 awaiting your input, you issue it to InnerSpace and it then routes that input to all clients you have configured under the active profile. You can even set it up to issue commands to one client or the other without affecting the rest. In short, YOU the player are still issuing all the commands which are eventually sent to the D3 clients and executed. The master client recieves the input and InnerSpace sends it to the slaves.

You would guess wrong.

There is no way to send commands to more than one character at the same time, which if you read the quote is clearly stated as okay, without the use of third party software. InnerSpace sends the commands not ISBoxer which only edits and exports profiles.

Think of InnerSpace as a conduit through which your commands are then sent directly to the multiple D3 clients. Instead of simply issuing a command directly to D3 awaiting your input, you issue it to InnerSpace and it then routes that input to all clients you have configured under the active profile. You can even set it up to issue commands to one client or the other without affecting the rest. In short, YOU the player are still issuing all the commands which are eventually sent to the D3 clients and executed. The master client recieves the input and InnerSpace sends it to the slaves.

I know perfectly fine how ISBoxer works which is why it was my guess, because I just can't see what other approach Vaneras could've possible meant as going against the ToS.
...so long as YOU ARE COMPLETELY CONTROLLING ALL CHARACTERS you are permitted to multibox...

Which approaches to multiboxing are not using the player to control all characters?

Edit: It's an honest question, because I can't think of any.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 7/15/2013 10:28 AM PDT
MVP
View profile
07/15/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Vresiberba
...so long as YOU ARE COMPLETELY CONTROLLING ALL CHARACTERS you are permitted to multibox...

Which approaches to multiboxing are not using the player to control all characters?

Edit: It's an honest question, because I can't think of any.

Any approach that uses a scripted bot to control any or all of the characters.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
There's another piece to the puzzle to consider here: Anybody using the new Battle.net Desktop Client will also notice a very prominent feature for interested players: Allow multiple instances of Battle.net. This is specifically for those that multi-box. WoW support is in at the moment, but Diablo 3 is not due to the nature of how it requires multiple battle.net accounts to multibox (WoW does not as you can attach more than one WoW license to a single battle.net account).

The key to not having issues when multiboxing lies in what Drothvader has told you. Stay away from any kind of scripting that performs automation and you're fine. Keycloning is still only using input from the player - the software is not making decisions for you. Your characters obey only what those keypresses are assigned to and nothing else. So long as you are not using any kind of botting software to automate how the characters interact with each other and their environment you will not have issues.

Remember, whether it is software or hardware, key cloning is still one action per button press per character and is 100% controlled by the player. And it's less of an advantage than anybody would like others to believe since in order to get the loot in this game you must pick it up. That means checking for those items either on the same screen by manually switching between clients or on multiple screens and still manually switching to that game's client to see what you're picking up. And you're also dealing with the increased monster HP/damage scaling, which adds to the danger when multiboxing which is inherently less accurate than playing a single character at a time.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]