Diablo® III

Are Developer Resources Being Constrained By Console?

My suggestions are,

* Change the mechanics of DPS calculation, nerf CD 75% or remove CD (make it fixed @100%, double damage on crits)
* remove all unused/useless stats (life after kill, hp bonus, get no damage, etc.)
* join similar ones (gf/mf, loh/ls etc.)
* rework on leveling system (1-999 or 1 to unlimited)
* remove paragon and different modes
* give us some flexibility when we level up, give us flexibility to choose our own path (not talking about just stat/vit, it can be anything on game, like ms, as, pr, ar, luck, life, ls etc.) after every level up
* give us some options to hide junks, to adjust auto loots
* change level requirements on weapons and make weapons do damage proportional to level (as we progress, weapon makes more damage, like DPS = level * (10-25), ie @ level 10 it does 100-250, but @ 50, it gives 500-750 dps)
* create a more linear progression from level to level (right now 1-60 is joke, then we stuck @ 60 but climb a wall with gear, we start with 5 dps, come to lvl60 with 3-5K damage and then try to find right gear to give us 500K damage)
* remove reduced level weapons (getting one with 15 reduced level with socket and adding a high end gem makes toon godly foe next 15 level, is just joke)
* remove BoA crap (this does not smell like diablo)

too many things to do/work on it…

but to be able to do any of these, we need to remove current items all together! I am suggesting to use a scoring system to evaluate current items, then convert those scores into some gold value, wipe out all items, and give accounts some of gold of old items… then implement the new system and let game begins with new mechanics & new items...

I don’t believe anything good can be added to current mess… and what i see here in this interview, we will not get anything good, just another mess…

then somebody will say “stay a while and listen boy!” and i guess whole team will STEP DOWN then!

I can feel it… it is close, so close…
i like only half of this :)
Reply Quote
yea so who wants 2 make a bet that in the console games in the ah they take more then 15% of your money on items we find and put or time into getting?? i bet million dollars its what they do
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Just curious if anyone has any qualified information on this topic. I've read in a number of user posts that claim developer resources are being tied up working on the console version over patching the original, but haven't found anything yet confirming this among blue posts.
We have a separate team of developers that have been dedicated to bringing Diablo III to consoles. While they and the PC team do collaborate from time to time to ensure that we're delivering an authentic Diablo III experience to consoles, the two teams operate independently.

There is a lot of stuff we're working on for the PC version of Diablo III right now, and you can find out a bit more about some of it in [url="http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-diablo-3-podcast-100-josh-mosqueira-and-wyatt-cheng-interview"]part one of this podcast that Inc Gamers had with Josh Mosqueira and Wyatt Cheng last week[/url], as well as [url="http://twizzcast.com/"]a recent developer interview on Twizzcast[/url], and [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1572-june-2013-interview-of-josh-mosqueira-travis-day-and-kevin-martens"]another series of interviews with had with Diablo Somepage last month[/url].

It's understandable that everyone wants updates on exactly what's around the corner, but know that both the Diablo III PC team and console teams are hard at work on their respective versions of the game, and neither is holding the other up. As we have further information, we'll be sure to share it with you. :)

OK, independent teams. But the question remains: did the number of devs working on DIII PC decrease when work on the console version started?

It's kind of hard for people to buy that a patch designed to fix serious flaws with the entire purpose of the game - getting items - has been explicitly pushed off until after the console version is released, unless something about work on the console version is delaying the PC patch.
Reply Quote
I pity the fool who takes claims from "Other users" any seriously.
Edited by vexorian#1817 on 7/16/2013 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I've read all the interviews (no I didn't watch them - can't do that at work) Ha! I am really fairly excited to see what comes out of this team with a new leader Josh. Since I can't sit down and write 5 million lines of code myself I can't really criticize Blizzard. I have to say that I think Josh has quite a monumental management challenge to get this right - I believe he and the team will get it done. Allot of that mind you goes with the forums since they provide such good feedback (maybe not always kindly stated) but it is good feedback none the less.
Reply Quote
What really pisses me off is, that Diablo 3 got tuned down in order for it to work proper on the ps3.
Reply Quote
Don't get why itemization matters. Drop rates will stick suck, and the only people finding the new high level gear will be the same lucky few, or bots, or people with far too much free time.

Nothing is gonna change, there will just be a new set of items to buy with ure CC.
Reply Quote
View profile
3/9/2012

As we're counting down the days until we're ready to announce a release date for Diablo III, we've come to realize that the PvP game and systems aren't yet living up to our standards. Today, we wanted to let you know that we've made the difficult decision to hold back the PvP Arena system and release it in a patch following the game's launch. After a lot of consideration and discussion, we ultimately felt that delaying the whole game purely for PvP would just be punishing to everyone who's waiting to enjoy the campaign and core solo/co-op content, all of which is just about complete.

While we work on making sure PvP lives up to its full potential, we hope you'll find some consolation in the fact that soon, you'll be having a blast leveling characters, finding items, learning the classes, and perfecting builds…and that when the Arenas do arrive, you’ll be all the better prepared for battle.

When the PvP patch is ultimately ready, it will add multiple Arena maps with themed locations and layouts, PvP-centric achievements, and a matchmaking system that will help you and your team get into fairly matched games quickly and easily. We'll also be adding a personal progression system that will reward you for successfully bashing in the other team's skulls.

We know a lot of you are looking forward to PvP, and we’ll be focusing our post-launch efforts on making sure the Arenas are as brutal, bloody, fast-paced, and awesome as we know they can be. In the meantime, we're in the process of putting the finishing touches on what we think is a truly epic campaign and co-op experience for launch.

We'll have a lot more info to share on the PvP system in the future, and we look forward to the moment we can get the game into your hands.

----

Been too long blizz, too long...

---

We are time's subjects, and time bids be gone.
William Shakespeare

--

You may delay, but time will not.
Benjamin Franklin

---

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.

George Carlin
Edited by BraveSirRobn#1357 on 7/16/2013 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Just curious if anyone has any qualified information on this topic. I've read in a number of user posts that claim developer resources are being tied up working on the console version over patching the original, but haven't found anything yet confirming this among blue posts.
We have a separate team of developers that have been dedicated to bringing Diablo III to consoles. While they and the PC team do collaborate from time to time to ensure that we're delivering an authentic Diablo III experience to consoles, the two teams operate independently.

There is a lot of stuff we're working on for the PC version of Diablo III right now, and you can find out a bit more about some of it in [url="http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-diablo-3-podcast-100-josh-mosqueira-and-wyatt-cheng-interview"]part one of this podcast that Inc Gamers had with Josh Mosqueira and Wyatt Cheng last week[/url], as well as [url="http://twizzcast.com/"]a recent developer interview on Twizzcast[/url], and [url="http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1572-june-2013-interview-of-josh-mosqueira-travis-day-and-kevin-martens"]another series of interviews with had with Diablo Somepage last month[/url].

It's understandable that everyone wants updates on exactly what's around the corner, but know that both the Diablo III PC team and console teams are hard at work on their respective versions of the game, and neither is holding the other up. As we have further information, we'll be sure to share it with you. :)

How the hell about some info ON THIS WEBSITE? You know, the one with Blizzard's name on it, not some stupid streams that not everyone keeps up with. And not Twitter either. There's a reason THIS SITE EXISTS.
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 06:05 PMPosted by hawkeye
It's been indirectly confirmed that the Expansion will be shown at Blizzcon this year so they are full steam ahead on that.

That was only the writer's opinion and he explicitly said so. Blizzard has never said that.

From Incgamers stream posted today;

Flux: Okay, that’s great. I have one last very quick question you guys can "no comment" in unison, if you want to practice. Will we see the Diablo 3 Expansion debut at Blizzcon this year?

*long pause*

Josh Mosqueira: Blizzcon is going to be awesome this year!

If that's not an indirect confirmation I don't know what is. Mark my words, the expansion will be revealed at Blizzcon and release Q3/4 next year.
Reply Quote
There is a lot of stuff we're working on for the PC version of Diablo III right now, and you can find out a bit more about some of it in part one of this podcast that Inc Gamers had with Josh Mosqueira and Wyatt Cheng last week, as well as a recent developer interview on Twizzcast, and another series of interviews with had with Diablo Somepage last month.

Why is diablo 3's official forum/site not the source to get such breaking-news-like info but have to rely on other fansites to relate such valuable info?
Reply Quote
1 Year and 4 months later.... and still no PvP... lol....

How many people are working on the PvP system?

Whoever is working on it needs to be fired immediately and bring in some others to work on it. Although, maybe you already did that with the latest drop-kick to what you made and then pulled.

Hell, a indie dev team of 4 people can do a better job.....
Edited by jxfuller#1507 on 7/16/2013 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]