My suggestions are,
* Change the mechanics of DPS calculation, nerf CD 75% or remove CD (make it fixed @100%, double damage on crits)
* remove all unused/useless stats (life after kill, hp bonus, get no damage, etc.)
* join similar ones (gf/mf, loh/ls etc.)
* rework on leveling system (1-999 or 1 to unlimited)
* remove paragon and different modes
* give us some flexibility when we level up, give us flexibility to choose our own path (not talking about just stat/vit, it can be anything on game, like ms, as, pr, ar, luck, life, ls etc.) after every level up
* give us some options to hide junks, to adjust auto loots
* change level requirements on weapons and make weapons do damage proportional to level (as we progress, weapon makes more damage, like DPS = level * (10-25), ie @ level 10 it does 100-250, but @ 50, it gives 500-750 dps)
* create a more linear progression from level to level (right now 1-60 is joke, then we stuck @ 60 but climb a wall with gear, we start with 5 dps, come to lvl60 with 3-5K damage and then try to find right gear to give us 500K damage)
* remove reduced level weapons (getting one with 15 reduced level with socket and adding a high end gem makes toon godly foe next 15 level, is just joke)
* remove BoA crap (this does not smell like diablo)
too many things to do/work on it…
but to be able to do any of these, we need to remove current items all together! I am suggesting to use a scoring system to evaluate current items, then convert those scores into some gold value, wipe out all items, and give accounts some of gold of old items… then implement the new system and let game begins with new mechanics & new items...
I don’t believe anything good can be added to current mess… and what i see here in this interview, we will not get anything good, just another mess…
then somebody will say “stay a while and listen boy!” and i guess whole team will STEP DOWN then!
I can feel it… it is close, so close…
The whole idea of yours will not work at all. More so concerning what I underlined. Literally all hell would break lose if you wipe out all current gear. Doubt me then ask around because you obviously were not here when IAS was nerfed, yes cut in half on all existing gear except quivers.
The reason it would not work and the devs have to be careful not to totally invalidate current gear is the fact that some players spent real money for their gear. Players would get really mad if Blizz done what you said.
I will be remembering posts like this one and when loot 2.0 comes out and it does not have to do anything like you or anyone else said that they have to do in order to fix the loot. Or even fix the game like you think. That will then give them a new title I call it "King of the Impossible".