Diablo® III

Are Developer Resources Being Constrained By Console?

My suggestions are,

* Change the mechanics of DPS calculation, nerf CD 75% or remove CD (make it fixed @100%, double damage on crits)
* remove all unused/useless stats (life after kill, hp bonus, get no damage, etc.)
* join similar ones (gf/mf, loh/ls etc.)
* rework on leveling system (1-999 or 1 to unlimited)
* remove paragon and different modes
* give us some flexibility when we level up, give us flexibility to choose our own path (not talking about just stat/vit, it can be anything on game, like ms, as, pr, ar, luck, life, ls etc.) after every level up
* give us some options to hide junks, to adjust auto loots
* change level requirements on weapons and make weapons do damage proportional to level (as we progress, weapon makes more damage, like DPS = level * (10-25), ie @ level 10 it does 100-250, but @ 50, it gives 500-750 dps)
* create a more linear progression from level to level (right now 1-60 is joke, then we stuck @ 60 but climb a wall with gear, we start with 5 dps, come to lvl60 with 3-5K damage and then try to find right gear to give us 500K damage)
* remove reduced level weapons (getting one with 15 reduced level with socket and adding a high end gem makes toon godly foe next 15 level, is just joke)
* remove BoA crap (this does not smell like diablo)

too many things to do/work on it…

but to be able to do any of these, we need to remove current items all together! I am suggesting to use a scoring system to evaluate current items, then convert those scores into some gold value, wipe out all items, and give accounts some of gold of old items… then implement the new system and let game begins with new mechanics & new items...

I don’t believe anything good can be added to current mess… and what i see here in this interview, we will not get anything good, just another mess…

then somebody will say “stay a while and listen boy!” and i guess whole team will STEP DOWN then!

I can feel it… it is close, so close…

The whole idea of yours will not work at all. More so concerning what I underlined. Literally all hell would break lose if you wipe out all current gear. Doubt me then ask around because you obviously were not here when IAS was nerfed, yes cut in half on all existing gear except quivers.

The reason it would not work and the devs have to be careful not to totally invalidate current gear is the fact that some players spent real money for their gear. Players would get really mad if Blizz done what you said.

I will be remembering posts like this one and when loot 2.0 comes out and it does not have to do anything like you or anyone else said that they have to do in order to fix the loot. Or even fix the game like you think. That will then give them a new title I call it "King of the Impossible".
Reply Quote
yes
Reply Quote
While they and the PC team do collaborate from time to time to ensure that we're delivering an authentic Diablo III experience to consoles, the two teams operate independently.

Translation: While PC team & console team collaborate to ensure that PC versions are dumbed down to match a controller/console experience.
Edited by PartyAnimal#1845 on 7/19/2013 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/19/2013 10:04 PMPosted by TeRRaRiZeR
While they and the PC team do collaborate from time to time to ensure that we're delivering an authentic Diablo III experience to consoles, the two teams operate independently.

Translation: While PC team & console team collaborate to ensure that PC versions are dumbed down to match a controller/console experience.

Since you believe that then I say that David Brevik and Blizz North decided to make Diablo 1 the way that they did because Diablo 1 was designed solely for the PlayStation. It was never designed for the PC first and foremost.

Brevik had to fit Diablo to the console so that is why he only had three classes instead of five. That is why he had to have a spell book where all classes could have the same spells. That is why Diablo 1 did not have skill trees and points. That is why D1 did not have charms, runes, rune words. It had to be dumbed down for the PlayStation.
Reply Quote

Since you believe that then I say that David Brevik and Blizz North decided to make Diablo 1 the way that they did because Diablo 1 was designed solely for the PlayStation. It was never designed for the PC first and foremost.

Brevik had to fit Diablo to the console so that is why he only had three classes instead of five. That is why he had to have a spell book where all classes could have the same spells. That is why Diablo 1 did not have skill trees and points. That is why D1 did not have charms, runes, rune words. It had to be dumbed down for the PlayStation.

You're quite the straw-man today.

What about D1 would be too complicated for consoles? Absolutely nothing. DIII could have been a lot more than the streamlined gimmick it is today. Not only was is simplified to help optimize player farming, the shallow gameplay fits perfectly well on consoles. Seems as if it was a priority from the beginning.

But that is why I am saying that Brevik made D1 for the PlayStation. He never made it for the PC. Look you have only three classes. That means that you do not have a lot of choices to make. Just choose one of the classes and jump right in. The spell book is perfect for console players because you do not have to think about what spells to add and upgrade. Since the only way you get spells is by getting books.

Attribute points were the same. After you spent all of your attribute points the only way you could get more was from shrines and potions. Along with the fact that you had a cap on your attributes. That cap meant you did not have to do a lot of thinking about where to put your points.

I played that game enough on the PlayStation and I always had all of my characters attributes maxed out easy. Again it was designed that way solely for the console.

Since every character could learn every spell so all of the characters are the same regardless of class. That makes it perfect for the console because there is no real thought in developing your character.

Meaning they knew that they were gonna port it to the PlayStation so Brevik and crew intentionally designed D1 with the console in mind it was their top priority.
Reply Quote
[quote="94846553663"] the two teams operate independently.

What's being intentionally avoided is the fact that this new team was most likely taken from the original group of developers. You still the original " team " , but that doesn't mean anything if you've reduced their numbers to form another " team " working independently from one another...
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Seeders
Damn, I wish I could produce 1 update every 6 months and not get fired, but praised for my hard work.
Reply Quote
This game is largely abandoned. I wouldn't hold your breath about seeing any regular updates like SC2 and WoW.
Edited by aro#1702 on 7/21/2013 8:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well I took a long time to make a nicely worded post but it doesn't seem to have posted correctly - Here is a less thought out version

Vaelflare, no disrespect intended at all (sincerely), but I believe people want less ambiguity.

The response we are getting could be interpreted as carefully chosen words meant to skirt around the real issue.

Do you agree or disagree with these statements?

1) If the console version did not exist, I believe content for the PC would have been released faster in response to the negative reception D3 has seen from it's fanbase.

2) The rate at which new content is being released for Diablo 3 is out of character for Blizzard, especially considering the negative reception the game has received from reviewers and the community.

Since it's hard to convey intent on the internet, I hope this doesn't come off as disrespectful or angry. I just want a direct, unambiguous response. Whatever you say, I'll consider the issue closed. Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If this game came out in the middle ages there would have been a lynching.
Reply Quote
This is crap if there is nothing holding up the next patch where is it. How about a blue post that answer's exactly what were waiting for cause I am about 1000000000000% positive that the next patch will be pathetic. So small that its barely noticeable. What takes so long to write code, i'm sorry but 1 guy in the basement of your building on an atari generation cpu isn't gonna cut it. I know what it takes to make a game so a patch that wont have any content at all except new items should only have taken 3 months at the very most for something as sad as 1.0.9 or whatever were waiting on (i don't even pay attention anymore) the whole game feels like a early beta not a finished product. It takes less then 2 hours to complete the acts then we have to do it 3 more times just to get the full way point list unlocked in all zones. So whats that a 10 hour game. lol sorry if some people disagree but any of the previous games/franchise games never would have been allowed to release this pathetic of a beta. ( until we get some real content in a patch that's all this will ever be is a beta). So diablo (since i can't say something as generic as Bliz with the state of all the rest of the games are amazing not lacking at all) when will you pull your heads out of your.....
Reply Quote
07/15/2013 07:55 PMPosted by jtcdgroup

I do believe they are collaborating all day every day. They need to get that console version out ASAP to make more money. who cares about the PC version anymore when everyone has already bought their copy
Reply Quote
mutch enjoylle the pk then pvp really..
Reply Quote
I can only speak for myself, but why does diablo 3 get so little love compared to all their other titles?. If their goal is to make money why invest so little effort to improving the game?. Core improvements would retain their fan playerbase instead of driving players away, which in turn means more money being spent on the ah or the like and bringing in new players. I personally love playing Diablo 3 and it saddens me to see so much negativity around the game when simple fixes would please many of the fans, especially the die hard fans who have played diablo 3 since its launch. The game has definitely improved since the beginning and i believe it will get better in time, but so many great ideas have been expressed by players in general, yet it seems like the people who can make these changes a reality are either not listening or they don't care. There is a lot of talk about what might be done and what not, but actions will always speak louder than words. If new ideas are implemented and it dosent work for whatever reason, it can always be removed or nerfed at a later date. Take a chance and make this game truly great as i know it can be. Good luck on the upcoming patches :)
Reply Quote
im gunna pvp your groin
Reply Quote
Its seriously laughable they can't merge servers with the PC and console versions, FFXI achieved that a decade ago with ps2/pc and x360 being linked. Funny how they turned into EA, they just use their big name to half-!@# projects because they know regardless they will sell millions of copies with the blizzard name
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]