Diablo® III

[GUIDE] ZDS - Zero DPS Support

I played with vox doing vota/mine runs and it works well. Cyclone really helps cm. In terms of mp9 speed farming I would say this DW build is better than TR. Even thou TR has like a 180k sheet. The group dps impact of quicker setup of palms and cyclone strikes is better. And sneaking in palms on whites.

The only area for improvement is dashing strike taxi. disaznboy#1238 with exalted soul and fleet foot beats me in vota taxi, he knows like every single destructible not sure on his meta-game in terms of spirit management, but he is a faster taxi than I. Its faster than TR. So i end up towning, using bubble for both dps and to defend me+2 porting. While in just about any other group I taxi.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 7/15/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks, Fitz!

This ZDS stuff really feels like a whole separate class. I wonder if they originally had 6 classes, one being support-oriented, and decided to scrap it and lump it into monk.

Monk build diversity is already good, but there are a bunch of viable support set-ups that just make monk diversity >>>>>>> all other classes.
Reply Quote
I played with vox doing vota/mine runs and it works well. Cyclone really helps cm. In terms of mp9 speed farming I would say this DW build is better than TR. Even thou TR has like a 180k sheet. The group dps impact of quicker setup of palms and cyclone strikes is better. And sneaking in palms on whites.

The only area for improvement is dashing strike taxi. disaznboy#1238 with exalted soul and fleet foot beats me in vota taxi, he knows like every single destructible not sure on how he can manage spirt, hes a faster taxi then me. Its faster than TR. So i end up towning and using bubble for both dps and to defend the mine and other towning port. While in just about any other group I taxi.

Thanks, Eric!

I don't run VOTA barely at all, and you could probably tell. I made wrong turns everywhere!

My ZDS set-up runs upwards of 4.0 APS with slamdance and IAS bubble. That's a lot of spirit regen, fast cyclone strikes, and quick palm applications, all of which help for quickly dispatching VOTA elites.

Disazn probably running FF instead of OWE?

Another idea i have been toying with is the increased movespeed DS rune, both in ZDS support and TR taxi with amped spirit regen (yes, DS + TR). Am convinced the later will be fastest taxi of all, but at cost of some survivability and with only CS Soothing breeze.
Reply Quote
The Sledge Fist with OS are quite expansive as Vox mentioned. Even the ones with just 45 + stun are quite expansive.

So I just threw in a Shenlong in there as a place holder for Sledge Fist or Azurewrath.

This is what I have got so far.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gungnir-1425/hero/17141848

78K life (Note that I am using 4 low vit gems could go over 80K)
689 AR (this is too low I think)
4650 Armor (this is okay I think?)
2097 LOH (1362 without Shenlong)
AS
2.97344 MH
3.128 OH

Only had to buy the Bonesaber. Rest was from my monk and other toons.

Do you think I can tank MP10? Only spot I am missing IAS is the pants (could switch to Inna's with Poison but than I lose VIT bonus and LOH, which is vital since I don't have LOH on rings)
Need go upgrade VIT gems and LOH gem.

Let me know if anyone has Sledge they want to donate :)
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/16/2013 5:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great stuff, Vox.
Reply Quote
View profile
Awesome write up and build. I think I have most of what is required with a few mods will try out this weekend. Always like trying new interesting variants.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
The Sledge Fist with OS are quite expansive as Vox mentioned. Even the ones with just 45 + stun are quite expansive.

So I just threw in a Shenlong in there as a place holder for Sledge Fist or Azurewrath.

This is what I have got so far.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gungnir-1425/hero/17141848

78K life (Note that I am using 4 low vit gems could go over 80K)
689 AR (this is too low I think)
4650 Armor (this is okay I think?)
2097 LOH (1362 without Shenlong)
AS
2.97344 MH
3.128 OH

Only had to buy the Bonesaber. Rest was from my monk and other toons.

Do you think I can tank MP10? Only spot I am missing IAS is the pants (could switch to Inna's with Poison but than I lose VIT bonus and LOH, which is vital since I don't have LOH on rings)
Need go upgrade VIT gems and LOH gem.

Let me know if anyone has Sledge they want to donate :)

Looking good, Gungnir! I think MP 10 should be fine. If you get into trouble, and have mobs around you, make sure you use CW a lot because it will proc more LOH than Quickening when there are 2+ mobs.

Put the Shenlong's in MH since it's effective attackspeed will be faster than the Bonesaber when you add the + APS bonus. I will add this to the guide gearing section.

Suggest crafted vit gloves and shoulders eventually, upgraded amythests in weapons, and some more stacked res (especially on your Lacuni which has wrong resist) to take more advantage of OWE.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
@Vox
Thanks for the tips!

Yeah I just used whatever I had other than the bone saber.
I think I want to test it out a bit before committing to crafting and etc.
I first have to find 3 high DPS players to play with.
Since most of my friend list (as well as me) have gone into HC.

I was shopping for Azurewrath since the Sledge are expansive. But I think Shenlong might be better than Azurewrath due to LOH.
No effect from Azurewrath but also no knock back.
I will wait until I can find a decent Sledge for very cheap
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/16/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
@Vox
Thanks for the tips!

I was shopping for Azurewrath since the Sledge are expansive. But I think Shenlong might be better than Azurewrath due to LOH.

Gun/Vox since you are going to socket Sledge with LOH gem just search for one with LOH already. I didn't see it listed in the guide. Even if its a low max number since its a low lvl weapon it will most likely be below 1M for a 45%+ Stun LOH Sledge.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
@Vox
Thanks for the tips!

Gun/Vox since you are going to socket Sledge with LOH gem just search for one with LOH already. I didn't see it listed in the guide. Even if its a low max number since its a low lvl weapon it will most likely be below 1M for a 45%+ Stun LOH Sledge.

Cheers,
CC-

Hey CC,
I did look for those but there were only 1 of them last night. It was already 160M.
If I remember correctly it was 45+ stun and ~50LOH.

Basically anything that has higher than 40+ Stun are expansive even without OS or LOH.
Reply Quote
View profile

Cheers,
CC-

Hey CC,
I did look for those but there were only 1 of them last night. It was already 160M.
If I remember correctly it was 45+ stun and ~50LOH.

Basically anything that has higher than 40+ Stun are expansive even without OS or LOH.

Man thats a shame....when I was hunting for Sledge with LOH back in the day they couldn't give it away....

Best of Luck on your search.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
6. Blast MOH and Overawe for 68% DPS buff.

Did u mean to write OR MoC/Overawe...we can only have one mantra active at a time here...unless something's changed since yesterday:)
Reply Quote
@CC
Yeah problem with these low level items are lack of quantity. (almost no one will go back to farm these items and people who do get it don't realize the value of the item)
Which in turn makes easy for few people to control the market.

I used to stash a lot of low level unique for fun but than I ran out of space and vendor them all.

I guess the item patch is suppose to fix these problems but who knows if I would be even playing by than.

@Supes
Vox means blast MOH than MOC right away

MOH will activate Guiding light (20%) than Overawe(48%) therefore 68%
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 7/16/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

Did u mean to write OR MoC/Overawe...we can only have one mantra active at a time here...unless something's changed since yesterday:)

THE MOH triggers Guiding light I believe for x duration then you can spam Overawe...wash rinse repeat but yes only one Aura will be on at once.

Cheers,
CC-

EDIT: x duration = 15 seconds
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 7/16/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

THE MOH triggers Guiding light I believe for x duration then you can spam Overawe...wash rinse repeat but yes only one Aura will be on at once.

Cheers,
CC-

OK thanks for the clarification guys, I wasn't aware of that (haven't even tried more than one mantra in my skills bar ever), going to actually give it a shot to test it out:)
Reply Quote

The only area for improvement is dashing strike taxi. disaznboy#1238 with exalted soul and fleet foot beats me in vota taxi, he knows like every single destructible not sure on how he can manage spirt, hes a faster taxi then me. Its faster than TR. So i end up towning and using bubble for both dps and to defend the mine and other towning port. While in just about any other group I taxi.

Thanks, Eric!

I don't run VOTA barely at all, and you could probably tell. I made wrong turns everywhere!

My ZDS set-up runs upwards of 4.0 APS with slamdance and IAS bubble. That's a lot of spirit regen, fast cyclone strikes, and quick palm applications, all of which help for quickly dispatching VOTA elites.

Disazn probably running FF instead of OWE?

Another idea i have been toying with is the increased movespeed DS rune, both in ZDS support and TR taxi with amped spirit regen (yes, DS + TR). Am convinced the later will be fastest taxi of all, but at cost of some survivability and with only CS Soothing breeze.

He varies in build but i grabbed it. FF yes. The MS is a factor but hes chaining DS from destructible to destructible so the extra ms for a 3 second is probably bad; the cheaper spirit allows a much longer chain. Extra ms might be good for white farm thou because the whites will run faster to you. They will switch to run mode.

Duel Life Steal and 6 piece AR counter the loss of STI.
http://s23.postimg.org/a9vat3rmj/endgamemonk.png

But your build should be alot cheaper and better on white farm.
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 7/16/2013 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Cheers,
CC-

This is a good thought, however sledge only rolls up to ~100 LOH, which is practically 0 when you can get 4500+ on your gear.

Much better to look for spirit regen, life steal, or high vit/str as alternatives to OS since these are more useful to the build than 10-100 LOH, in my opinion.

Remember, builds in this guide are first and foremost ZDS buff support. They bolster party EDPS and clear speed with monk buffs and Cyclone Strike.

Crowd control is secondary and not really needed to help groups clear much faster at present. It can help party EDPS by preventing knockback, wind-up attacks, keeping things in place, and keeping party alive. The secondary CC function has diminishing returns as CC resistance increases very quickly. Thus, I wouldn't place too much of a high premium on high stun... unless you are fulling committing to the build and want to maximize it's effectiveness. You know you want to take the plunge!
Reply Quote
Video I run with vox :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAI2EOI0pj8&feature=youtu.be

8min 30sec weeping hollow full map clear

3 elites, 1 purple

Sorry for low quality and lagging video, that the best for my PC to handle

Vox is rock :D
Reply Quote

Cheers,
CC-

This is correct.

Further clarification: MOH triggers GL only when you activate it (I guess the mini shield gives the buff and not the regen?). If you use it and wait 15s, GL buff disappears and won't come back until you activate MOH again.

It's wham-bam, MOH-MOC, in rapid succession to keep the 48% Overawe buff up.

If party is feeling brave and wants to stand in desecrator plagued with lasers, I'll spam MOH repeatedly for 20% resistance boost, plus 5-10k worth of mini-shields to keep the lazy, fragile bums kicking!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]