Diablo® III

Will it have achievements?

Will the PS3 or Xbox version of Diablo 3 have the same achievements? If yes it will, will it have the same amount of achievements or less or more? And if the PC version adds more achievements, will the PS3 version do the same?
Reply Quote
The console version will definitely have achievements. It's unknown currently if there will be less, more or the same amount. As for additional achievements, I'd say if any were introduced they'd come for both platforms but again this is unknown.
Reply Quote
And how are we going to keep track of this achievement?
For example with PC version you can just click "View profile" and see all the stats and achievements he has, will there be a website to track our achievements for the other versions?
Reply Quote
This is just my idea but for Xbox we could have an app for Smartglass that shows us our Diablo 3 progress, achievements etc. Maybe even a loot upgrade section news feed etc.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Both Sony and Microsoft have there own version of 'achievements' Xbox actually calling them achievements and Sony calling them Trophies.

The Console version should be using the same system(def for Xbox because all xbox games must have achievements)
Reply Quote
I can't imagine they will convert all of the PC achievements into Xbox/PS3 achievements - there are way too many.

Do you think they existing achievements interface will exist within the game, with separate console achievements added over top? (Similar to how Borderlands has tons of in-game challenges that are similar to achievements but don't have their own icon/gamerscore).
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I can't imagine they will convert all of the PC achievements into Xbox/PS3 achievements - there are way too many.

Do you think they existing achievements interface will exist within the game, with separate console achievements added over top? (Similar to how Borderlands has tons of in-game challenges that are similar to achievements but don't have their own icon/gamerscore).

Possible that they would do it like that, it's a good question. All I know is that Microsoft insist all games on 360 have achievements so nothing can come out without them. So D3 must have some kind of 'microsoft' achievement system.(unless they have changed this policy)
Reply Quote
I've seen plenty of games that have close to 100 trophies, even though most of them are bronze, game designers for the PS3 platform seem to be able to come up with many for each game and Sony seems to let them give you as many trophies as they want.
Reply Quote
http://ps3trophies.com/forums/playstation-trophy-news/33930-diablo-3-trophy-list.html

I tend to follow a lot of the xbox achievement and PS3 trophy websites, and this is the list I've seen so far for the ps3 trophies.

How similar xbox will be, uncertain, but typically they are very similar (besides the platinum trophy, rarely do I see xbox have an achievement for completing all the other achievements). And what is referred to as "achievements" on pc version are simply "challenges" in the console version.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]