Diablo® III

andariel's visage

This is likely a rookie question but howcome I don't see more on this? With the IAP, crit and possible decent str roll it seems like a poor mans mempo. I realize it does not have RA but that's it as far as I can see.

Why not more love?
Reply Quote
No socket is the biggest thing.

A poor man's Mempo is...a cheap Mempo, really. They don't cost very much at low-mid end and they always come with a socket.
Reply Quote
Don't understand, it can have a socket.
Reply Quote
A non crit mempo provides you with up to 4 EHP stats (70+ AR / 10-12% Life / Socket / Vit Roll) w/c is a lot more useful than the 4.5 cc that AV provides...

You can get AR or VIT on AV but then you lose 3 EHP stats (Life / Socket / Vit or AR)...
Edited by mick#1330 on 7/13/2013 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I use it on my current (3rd) main Barb.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nubtro-2147/hero/28133590

It´s the glass cannon version of the helm slot which is also very cheap. I need the IAS to be at 1.43 aps (1.68 with WotB up) to get 17 ticks with my Skorn. I plan on changing the helm to IK probably if I ever roll a trifecta amulet. I value crit chance more than EHP for Rend-running and can´t afford a crit chance Mempo.

Basically, the helm is very good if you want to increase your damage output or just need the IAS slot, can take the EHP loss and don´t have the funds to buy a high end Mempo. It´s a solid helm.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 7/13/2013 1:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A non crit mempo provides you with up to 4 EHP stats (70+ AR / 10-12% Life / Socket / Vit Roll) w/c is a lot more useful than the 4.5 cc that AV provides...

You can get AR or VIT on AV but then you lose 3 EHP stats (Life / Socket / Vit or AR)...

As an expert in a balanced ehp build, I totally agree. Andy helms suck! I tried one a while ago and lost over 400,000 ehp! Andy helms might be OK after item patch with 6% cc and a split 250+ dex, 70+ vit roll and 80-100 poison resist for a poison monk. Must also have under 10% fire damage taken. Maybe some barbs will use an ilvl63 andy after item patch with a socket roll or a split str+vit roll. But with the rumors of a crit damage nerf, crit chance may become far less important anyway. A non crit mempo lets you have ehp instead of crit chance. I have the best ehp mempo in America. Crit chance is absolutely not worth the gold in that slot, there's many other slots for crit chance much cheaper. If you must have crit chance in the helm, get an IK helm.
Reply Quote

Basically, the helm is very good if you want to increase your damage output or just need the IAS slot, can take the EHP loss and don´t have the funds to buy a high end Mempo. It´s a solid helm.

Agreed. If you're not glassy Andy's is your second best option to a mempo, assuming like Nubtro said you can take the ehp loss without issue.
Reply Quote

I sold some of my gear on the RMAH, CC mempo being one of them. I now have an andy for the extra ias. I don't really need the ehp as I use a shield. I do occasionally die, which didn't happen when I had the mempo, but as a temporary helm it is pretty sweet for the extra dps.
Reply Quote

I sold some of my gear on the RMAH, CC mempo being one of them. I now have an andy for the extra ias. I don't really need the ehp as I use a shield. I do occasionally die, which didn't happen when I had the mempo, but as a temporary helm it is pretty sweet for the extra dps.

You are losing far more dps by wearing a shield than the dps you gain from andy helm. I lose almost half my dps with shield vs. skorn and a quarter of my dps with DW vs. skorn. If you got a non crit mempo helm and a skorn, your dps would shoot way up.

DPS Unbuffed: 171,139.32
EHP Unbuffed: 1,536,402

I am shocked your dps is so high with shield, you would be 250-300k dps with skorn. If you got an IK belt and ehp in a few other slots, you would still be above 1.5m ehp without shield but way more dps. I have over a million ehp more than you without shield, just less dps because people overvalue dps and I can't and won't pay for other people's dps obsession.
Edited by Ace#1696 on 7/14/2013 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

You are losing far more dps by wearing a shield than the dps you gain from andy helm. I lose almost half my dps with shield vs. skorn and a quarter of my dps with DW vs. skorn. If you got a non crit mempo helm and a skorn, your dps would shoot way up.

I am shocked your dps is so high with shield, you would be 250-300k dps with skorn. If you got an IK belt and ehp in a few other slots, you would still be above 1.5m ehp without shield but way more dps. I have over a million ehp more than you without shield, just less dps because people overvalue dps and I can't and won't pay for other people's dps obsession.

Don't be shocked, Bruce has been rockin the SnB for a while now, with his Crit Mempo he had even better stats! Like him, I too sold most of my gear on RMAh already. With my old gear before i sold it all on rmah, i had even higher dps with a shield (like 250k unbuf dps with 1.6m ehp).
People running shilds builds have a awesome balance of dps and ehp. Its a lot of fun. Give it a try?
Reply Quote

To each his own. I had a IAS 1400dps skorn that I found, but I didn't like the play style. Too slow. I like attacking fast and being beefy, hence the dagger and the shield. I've tried alot of different builds, both common and uncommon, and many different weapon setups, but this is the one I like the best. Fits the way I play the game. I agree with you, that people undervalue ehp, but there are many different ways to play and ways to survive. I really think you might like the snb based on your love of ehp. I agree with Prof, you should try it. ;)
Reply Quote

Don't be shocked, Bruce has been rockin the SnB for a while now, with his Crit Mempo he had even better stats! Like him, I too sold most of my gear on RMAh already. With my old gear before i sold it all on rmah, i had even higher dps with a shield (like 250k unbuf dps with 1.6m ehp).
People running shilds builds have a awesome balance of dps and ehp. Its a lot of fun. Give it a try?

The best I can get is 50-60k unbuffed dps with a crit chance stormshield, that's only a little over half the dps of my skorn. I am already well over 2m ehp without a shield and very rarely die in mp10. I would love to go back to shield, but this depends on if Blizz rebalances monster power by scaling down monster health and scaling up monster damage so most people don't choose to be so glassy, but start valuing ehp. You made the wise choice cashing out while you can, pretty soon prices will crash once a blue is able to confirm what items will be like next patch. I may have to completely regear my barbs and alts if Blizz gets the item patch right.
Reply Quote
View profile
I was using it for as long as I can remember before I decided to upgrade to mempo.. lol

It's a poor man mempo like u said.
Reply Quote
View profile
I was using it for as long as I can remember before I decided to upgrade to mempo.. lol

it's only a poor man's mempo if you think that 30% life is important (ps it doesn't have to be)
Reply Quote

it's only a poor man's mempo if you think that 30% life is important (ps it doesn't have to be)

If you want andy helm, wait for item patch and grab an ilvl63 one and use the mystic to make it even more powerful, maybe add a socket to it.
Reply Quote
Ugh!!!!! All this EHP talk is so silly. People do not over value DPS. The thing is........if you don't die at 750ehp does it matter if your EHP is 750k or 10 million. Once you get above 750k you should focus on DPS while trying to maintain your EHP or gain EHP if possible while increasing DPS. Focusing on EHP is a poor mans excuse for not being able to attain pimp items.

If you know anything about this game at all you know balance is the key. Have a hard hitting big balling Mac playa pimp of the year with 400k DPS with 800+ EHP absolutely smokes and I mean smokes any EHP setup that is over 1mil EHP but under 250k DPS. Just destroys it. This whole thread is becoming a noob fest. Jesus!!!!
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 7/25/2013 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How many people have hundreds of dollars or billions of gold to attain 300k+ unbuffed dps? Also lifesteal might get nerfed in half at or before the item patch. Read threads on this and post there. I still die occasionally with over 2m ehp and also I am saving my gold for item patch as I probably will have to regear then. One last thing, we aren't noobs, just not super rich. I have said before that any worthy upgrade for me is 500m+ per slot! No thanks. All my gear combined costs about 500m!
Reply Quote
I started with a mempo (0 cc).
Recently I have been farming a lot in A1 and I got quite a few andy helm (it's like 6 to 12 a week or something).

I saw this STR andy with a socket...I gave it a shot.
And I am still using it...

the 13% backfire doesn't bug me much.
I keep all resist above 500, hp 50k...
I rend and survive mp 10, no problem.

Only 5 more levels to go.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luffy-1946/hero/28829072
Reply Quote
I still die occasionally with over 2m ehp !

lol because your setup absolutely sucks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]