Diablo® III

They (Blizzard) need to tell us...

(Locked)

They need to tell us what the PC has that the console does not have the PC has. They also need to tell us how the PC version of D3 is gonna have added, changed, or have removed after the PS4 is released. So I watched the ps3 demo from a few months back and twizzchat interview and I have a few things I found odd.

Okay first about the PS3 demo. So it was set up so that the five classes were there but it looked like you only had 5 characters to choose from not 10 of them. So it was set up to be a demo that was to show some of the game play I get that? What I found odd is that the starting point was after you rescued the Mystic from the spider queen, as far as the PC game goes. Why at that spot I wonder? And it didn't show any kind of quest that they were after like for example the Kazra Staff is what they should have been after. Then there is the issue of the followers, did they remove them as followers from the game? How much more of the story did they add to the game and how much was taken out? Did the story change in some areas?

Now the twizzchat was odd because the console person was not there to answer questions. The one thing I would like to know is how many hours of good game play can four players expect to get out of the console before it becomes more of the same? Notice in the video how the DH was looking to see if there was a body to click and the Barb was going forward and the DH seemed like she was getting boxed in or had to push back to get around that little corner? And the all seemed to be trying to stay way to close to cause this type of thing from happening? But I gotta give them props for getting all of them on the same screen.

Do players really need to worry about putting characters on a flash drive and taking them around when it seems that just playing the game you can have decent drops and characters in no time? Why bother if adjusting characters and equipment is so easy and part of the fun of playing in a co-op game like this?
Most of your questions are answered in this stickied FAQ thread;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280998875

As far as some of your other questions;

-You will be able to have more than one character of each class
-A demo typically only covers a specific potion of the game, because.. it's a demo.
-Followers are included in the game.
-The story is the same.

-Josh ("the head console guy") was in fact present for the twizzcast spot.
-How many hours of co-op gameplay depends on the player, otherwise you can expect the same amount you would get from the PC version (hundreds). It totally depends on the player(s).
-Characters will automatically teleport to the group if they lag behind
-"Same screen" only applies to local co-op, online play will be exactly like it is for PC.

07/13/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Skunkleaf
Do players really need to worry about putting characters on a flash drive and taking them around when it seems that just playing the game you can have decent drops and characters in no time?

No one needs to worry about anything. You can choose to bring your characters on USB or access them via cloud by signing into your PSN profile. Otherwise you can simply start a fresh character. It's entirely up to the player, you're not forced to do either or.

07/13/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Skunkleaf
Why bother if adjusting characters and equipment is so easy and part of the fun of playing in a co-op game like this?

Again, it's up to you. You can play how you like.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/13/2013 7:09 PM PDT
2 Dwarf Priest
So basically any one can grab a flash drive do a little searching on the web for a Premade file that has all his characters decked out take 2 seconds to download said data slap it onto their PS3 and play away?

Funny stuff blizz. God forbid the PC community hacks and bots right?
I wonder if the saved file is linked to a PSN ID. Because if so, the file would then need to be hacked to change who the file is linked to. I am sure there is nobody stupid enough to put their PSN ID and password out on the interwebs for others to use (I for sure won't, mine is tied to my credit card).

That would probably render the downloading of other's saved games useless.

However saved file hacking, is another story... If they can find a way to do that and edit items, gear and such, then the economy is pretty much pooped.

I will be the first one scrambling to find a self found league lol.
It will be fine i have Faith.
They don't need to say
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]