Diablo® III

FYI: The 2-Set Tal's Bonus Gives me 10.9k DPS

Not on paper of course, but 3% of 365k DPS is 10.9k DPS to COB. That's quite a bit of extra DPS.

Just wanted to remind everyone of another option of gearing if you want to go down the Tal's 2 set route. I wouldn't go two-set Tals unless you are above 280k DPS or so, otherwise its probably not worth the loss in mitigation of Zuni Marrow.

Also forces you into Zuni Mojo, but worth it if you want to go high DPS WD.
Edited by James1v12#1875 on 7/14/2013 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why would you go tals set with the COB anyway?
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 04:57 PMPosted by TALIB
Why would you go tals set with the COB anyway?

If you get into the mid 300k DPS using 2 piece tals it sorta makes up for the mana regen you lose using 4 piece zuni's. There are some euro players using the 2 piece tals and 350k DPS + and melting elites. There are trade offs though yet with COB I think you can get away without the mana regen.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 7/14/2013 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like my setup w/ Tals just fine; mana regen is no issue
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Gotcha
If you get into the mid 300k DPS using 2 piece tals it sorta makes up for the mana regen you loose using 4 piece zuni's.

I wouldn't recommend giving up Zuni's. The below items are

Tal's Ammy
Tal's Chest
Zuni Helm
Zuni Ring
Zuni Boots
Zuni Mojo (with max mana and CC as the 2 random rolls)

Don't give up Zuni.
Reply Quote
you don't even need the 4 piece zuni set. how people have mana problems with CoB blows my mind.
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 05:52 PMPosted by danitefox
you don't even need the 4 piece zuni set. how people have mana problems with CoB blows my mind.

If you have decent attack speed and are running 1handed, there are certainly situations where you can run out of mana (knockback, runners, etc.)

Especially if you don't want to run a mana passive.
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 05:52 PMPosted by danitefox

You have 213k DPS, and SOJ, and few attack speed items.

Zuni set absolutely required at high level gearing.
Reply Quote

Back when Raki had all the euro players balling him out a few of them were running 3 piece zuni's and even 2 piece with 2 piece tals and they had some vids up melting VOTA runs with COB yet they had pretty good mitigation and did not have mana issues at all. its going to be an expensive build since they had a lot of attack speed yet some players like to run that way. One of the guys was in the 400k range and the others right in your 370ish range James. I think if I was not PB/Bears and just playing COB I may also opt for the 2 piece tals with tals chest piece and play around with both 4 piece zuni's and 2 piece zuni's amd see what dps could be achieved with high mitigation. The vids they posted were interesting options to the conventional 4 piece zuni's yet I can just not get used to the COB play style yet for COB users there are a lot more DPS options out there then other skill set builds that really need the 4 piece zuni's.

Also nice build James.

:P
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 7/14/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not on paper of course, but 3% of 365k DPS is 10.9k DPS to COB. That's quite a bit of extra DPS.

Just wanted to remind everyone of another option of gearing if you want to go down the Tal's 2 set route. I wouldn't go two-set Tals unless you are above 280k DPS or so, otherwise its probably not worth the loss in mitigation of Zuni Marrow.

Ya and obviously the Tal's chest itself gives you some great dps.
I've considered trying it, but my Tal's is just high int/high vit/armor, without resist all.
I can't decide if high int/ high vit/ resist all is better than high int/mid vit/resist all/armor, so I haven't picked one up yet.
The ehp strongly favors the high vit one, but the mitigation isn't as good.
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 7/14/2013 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Your dps is great, btw, but how do you manage that attack speed when there isn't enough trash around to fuel your mana? I would have almost thought rain dance might be necessary. Switch to a SOJ or a mana regen helm in those situations or something?
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 06:25 PMPosted by James1v12

I've used PTV on MP10 without the 4 piece with no mana issues. Devouring swarm really solves just about everything
Reply Quote

I've used PTV on MP10 without the 4 piece with no mana issues. Devouring swarm really solves just about everything

Isn't that apples and oranges? You are solving it with a skill vs gear.

I dunno, just seems a bit disingenuous to say "how can anyone have mana problems with cloud of bats, and need a 4 piece zuni set" when looking at your current bats setup you have:
1) little attack speed
2) a bats SOJ
3) a mana passive
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 7/14/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Gotcha
The vids they posted were interesting options to the conventional 4 piece zuni's yet I can just not get used to the COB play style yet for COB users there are a lot more DPS options out there then other skill set builds that really need the 4 piece zuni's.

07/14/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Gotcha
Also nice build James

Hmm...I will have to try that out! Mempo would be sweet but losing 20 mana regen and adding 9 attack speed probably won't work out well for me. There are other options I suppose too.

07/14/2013 07:26 PMPosted by GunnersDream
The ehp strongly favors the high vit one, but the mitigation isn't as good

Yeah, there is a definite mitigation loss from marrow to tal's chest. I would recommend getting a high armor Tal's chest with 240+ vit. Armor Tals are a LOT cheaper then AR tals, and just as much mitigation since Tals can roll up to +400 armor.

07/14/2013 07:34 PMPosted by GunnersDream
Your dps is great, btw, but how do you manage that attack speed when there isn't enough trash around to fuel your mana?

http://www.twitch.tv/james1v12/b/430547720

I dont know how best to answer your question so I posted a vid. Sometimes I'll use SOJ only on VOTA though. I also have max mana on helm and mojo, which helps a ton with how much mana I get during Jaunt:Honored Guest and each globe I pick up.
Edited by James1v12#1875 on 7/14/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 07:26 PMPosted by GunnersDream
The ehp strongly favors the high vit one, but the mitigation isn't as good.

check mine :-) love it...
Reply Quote
check mine :-) love it...

Dat right dur is a fine tal's chest.
Reply Quote
I like the tal's helm better for extra mitigation, at least for 1 hander setups.

But I guess the DPS boost is pretty good eh.
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 08:04 PMPosted by James1v12
The vids they posted were interesting options to the conventional 4 piece zuni's yet I can just not get used to the COB play style yet for COB users there are a lot more DPS options out there then other skill set builds that really need the 4 piece zuni's.

Also nice build James

Hmm...I will have to try that out! Mempo would be sweet but losing 20 mana regen and adding 9 attack speed probably won't work out well for me. There are other options I suppose too.

The ehp strongly favors the high vit one, but the mitigation isn't as good

Yeah, there is a definite mitigation loss from marrow to tal's chest. I would recommend getting a high armor Tal's chest with 240+ vit. Armor Tals are a LOT cheaper then AR tals, and just as much mitigation since Tals can roll up to +400 armor.

Your dps is great, btw, but how do you manage that attack speed when there isn't enough trash around to fuel your mana?

http://www.twitch.tv/james1v12/b/430547720

I dont know how best to answer your question so I posted a vid. Sometimes I'll use SOJ only on VOTA though. I also have max mana on helm and mojo, which helps a ton with how much mana I get during Jaunt:Honored Guest and each globe I pick up.

Nice video - some rough elites you fought there.
Reply Quote
Channelling bats and its effect on mana consumption is one thing. Recasting bats is another. So we have to factor in the latter. It's interesting that most dont have an issue with mana here even at extremely high APS.

I can understand the impact is minimal on mana mgmt if you dont break channel but one thing I dont see mentioned is recasting bats in combat to capture a "new" snapshot for your SH and GF buffs (more for GF). Recasting bats means also you are more vulnerable to attacks for that split second you are not leeching life. Which also brings into question lack of EHP/Mit, but that's off-topic...

Sometimes I may re-cast 2 or 3 times in order to maximise my DPS in combat. If you have to do this often too does that not pose an issue? And if not, then you are probably not maximising on your buffs and the higher base DPS is just going to waste? Just throwing it out there...
Edited by kurOsawa#2301 on 7/15/2013 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Nice video - some rough elites you fought there.

Very obvious when seeing many ias item in the slot. he ran out of mana often for tough elites and has to switch to SOJ that will drop more than 40k DPS. Keep alive = kill faster.

Get your WD another set of gear instead of taking it from your wizard, he deserved his own gears.
Edited by tien#1151 on 7/14/2013 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]