Diablo® III

FYI: The 2-Set Tal's Bonus Gives me 10.9k DPS

07/14/2013 11:43 PMPosted by tien
he ran out of mana often for tough elites and has to switch to SOJ that will drop more than 40k DPS.

When he equips an SoJ vs elites his off-sheet DPS is actually higher
Edited by kurOsawa#2301 on 7/14/2013 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

When he equips an SoJ vs elites his off-sheet DPS is actually higher

agree, better have it on first place when doing VOTA
Reply Quote
I recently made the switch to Tal's 2 piece and I'm actually enjoying the result. I do not have the best gear nor do I have as much APS as listed above, but it's effective to say the least. The great thing about it, I spend a lot less time actually killing elites and really they don't live that long for me to run out of mana.

I don't know if you guys can relate to this (I'm sure you can) but there's a difference in running solo or groups with this setup. As solo, this is a breeze and I would have no trouble with mana whatsoever. With groups it's a bit different...if you actually have a group of friends utilizing your dps and running with a monk/cm it works like a charm. And in most cases, I wouldn't run with randoms anyway.

At the end of the day, I love the dps increase and feel like it's a suitable and alternative way of playing WD.
Reply Quote
A lot of WD's think they don't have mana problems until they fight Knockback, fear or other Monsters that interrupt channelling.

I honestly don't recommend the 2 Tal's piece unless of course you are dealing 300k++ which is very rare for docs.

What I do recommend though is a VoG helm paired with your Zuni SoS. It's all about mana management to deal efficient damage. Re-casting bats has never been my problem since I can regain mana fast from mana regeneration on Helm, Mojo and Zuni Set.

But yeah...each to their own. Every Doc has their own pride and will settle with "What works".

EDIT: Removed quote as.. I dunno...
Edited by Mugel#6806 on 7/15/2013 1:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd like some crit on my setup now:

big mana reserve
big mana regen
+10% to elites, +3% tals (NO SoJ)

None of this with passives.

What am I missing?

Seriously looking for crit to be a better WD :P
Reply Quote
Run CoL. 14+ PUR. Zero mana issues with unlimited aps.

Win.
Reply Quote
I always <3 your posts, James.

;)
Reply Quote
I always <3 your posts, James.

Haha. Love it.

07/15/2013 12:30 AMPosted by Kloverz
I don't know if you guys can relate to this (I'm sure you can) but there's a difference in running solo or groups with this setup. As solo, this is a breeze and I would have no trouble with mana whatsoever. With groups it's a bit different...if you actually have a group of friends utilizing your dps and running with a monk/cm it works like a charm. And in most cases, I wouldn't run with randoms anyway

I will have mana problems if I run in a public game. But that's because people run all over the place, don't gather mobs, and have 150k DPS. I love farming with monks.

07/15/2013 01:25 AMPosted by Mugel
A lot of WD's think they don't have mana problems until they fight Knockback, fear or other Monsters that interrupt channelling

This is the bigger issue. That's why attack speed isn't as a big as an issue as people think. It certainly drains mana faster, but when I get in trouble its generally from Blazing Guardians, or other elites that spread the heck out and force you to recast Bats 24/7. That would cause mana problems with most setups.
Reply Quote
I'd like some crit on my setup now:

big mana reserve
big mana regen
+10% to elites, +3% tals (NO SoJ)

None of this with passives.

What am I missing?

Seriously looking for crit to be a better WD :

Great looking WD IMO.
Reply Quote
View profile
Run CoL. 14+ PUR. Zero mana issues with unlimited aps.

Win.

Until you are fighting a few elites or a long champion. You know when the game gets hard :)

With the 4 piece zuni set, I'm pretty sure most folks have no mana issues vs large packs with almost any build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]