Diablo® III

Is cyclone strike good?

Found an echo fury. Thinking of using to pull the fear runners back
Reply Quote
It seems that those who like it, really like it. I'm not a big fan, in large part because it pulls mobs across/through your body . . . which is fine, until a few of them have Molten. Why not give it a run and see what you think?
Reply Quote
Personally I love cyclone strike. It is very similar to perma freeze from CM Wizard.

Spam the hell out of cyclone and you will see the mobs unable to launch any attacks cos cyclone cancel them.

But like Vrkhyz said, you will need to know when to use it when you run into plague and molten elites. Pulling them out of the infested ground is what you want to do.

EDIT: missing word inserted.
Edited by Kira#1414 on 7/13/2013 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cyclone strike is amazing. I use implosion if I'm running it solo or soothing breeze with guiding light in groups.

Whats that? Elites dropped 16 stacks of plague and molten in one place? Guess ill move 2 steps to the left and press 2.
Reply Quote
Cyclone Strike is AWESOME. It especially shines when you are with a COB Doctor and/or CM Wiz. Great for party play and positioning!
Reply Quote
I started using cyclone strike for he same reason, but using it to pull feared enemies back is inefficient. You have to spam it twice to keep a feared enemy near you and fast enemies are too fast to use it effectively. With that sad, it is an amazing skill that group players love. I highly recommend it.
Reply Quote
I only find it to be useful in groups as a tool to keep the mobs together for the CM wizard to freeze.

Other than that, its pretty useless.
Reply Quote
If you can get the timing right you can drop a bell and catch them in the air (knockback) and drop another bell. I think it is one of the best skills for group play.
Reply Quote
Ofc its good. The only way to 100% take away the Fear Effect of EF is WIZARDS that FREEZE!!!! They gotta be decent Wizards too.
Reply Quote
A used it witha cob WD last. Worked really well. Also it seems to have a nice defensive aspect, of interrupting the attackers attack.
Reply Quote
Love cyclone strike especially with sw/tc
Reply Quote
Well I think I am a convert. Me likee
Reply Quote
I use it solo and grouped.
Reply Quote
For me EP is more fun and to me it seems like EP is still effective in groups but when I run CS in groups I get invites. I like exploding things apart more than lassoing them in but other classes really appreciate a monk that runs CS.
Reply Quote
07/14/2013 11:13 AMPosted by jenpeezey
I use it solo and grouped.

Same here. Why chase things down when you can drag them to you and let sweeping wind tick away at them? I definitely find it viable for solo play.
Reply Quote
For me EP is more fun and to me it seems like EP is still effective in groups but when I run CS in groups I get invites. I like exploding things apart more than lassoing them in but other classes really appreciate a monk that runs CS.

I run EP and CS in groups.
Reply Quote
u should ask this question in wizard and witch doctor forums. ;)
Reply Quote
How about posting some cs builds for the OP?... and me!
I think my Dark Master is exploring the lazy path.
Reply Quote
I think I figures out why cyclone strike works for me. It bunches all monsters together and when I hit the bunch with FoT my LoH proc like crazy.

Bells does not proc my LOH as well. If I had lifesteal that might work better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]