Diablo® III

3rd Party App?

(Locked)

Will I get banned if I use this program [Removed].
What do u guys think?
Edited by Vaeflare on 7/15/2013 3:36 PM PDT
Depends on what it is and what it does.

After looking at a YouTube video, seems like this is no different than an addon for WoW.

I don't see why you would be banned.
Edited by Doc#1615 on 7/15/2013 2:25 PM PDT
yes it's ban-able

it's loot alert 3rd party
Edited by Luckyone#1230 on 7/15/2013 2:27 PM PDT
yes it's ban-able

it's loot alert 3rd party

Interesting. How is this different than NPCScanner lets say? I am curious why a program like this would matter.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
D3 does not allow add-ons at all, unlike WoW. ANY program that can datamine from the game can get you banned. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

A third party program is any file or program that is used in addition to the game to gain an unfair advantage. These programs may increase movement speed or teleport heroes from one place to another beyond what is allowed by game design. It also includes any programs that obtain information from the game that is not normally available to the regular player or that transmit or modify any of the game files.

Data Stream Manipulation and Data Mining

Data stream manipulation involves altering the flow of information between the Diablo III servers and a computer, while data mining involves a player extracting information from that information that is not intended to be public.
If a player is found to have altered the data stream or performed any data mining, they may:

Be temporarily suspended from the game
Have further action taken, up to and including account closure, based on the intent of the data manipulation
D3 does not allow add-ons at all, unlike WoW. ANY program that can datamine from the game can get you banned. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy

A third party program is any file or program that is used in addition to the game to gain an unfair advantage. These programs may increase movement speed or teleport heroes from one place to another beyond what is allowed by game design. It also includes any programs that obtain information from the game that is not normally available to the regular player or that transmit or modify any of the game files.

Data Stream Manipulation and Data Mining

Data stream manipulation involves altering the flow of information between the Diablo III servers and a computer, while data mining involves a player extracting information from that information that is not intended to be public.
If a player is found to have altered the data stream or performed any data mining, they may:

Be temporarily suspended from the game
Have further action taken, up to and including account closure, based on the intent of the data manipulation

That is lame. I used to use hex-editor on D2 back in the day on offline mode because it was fun. Obviously that stuff was not usable in Bnet.

With online only, you would think they would allow basic addons that are not available in game, Like EHP and Actual DPS calculators, as opposed to drooling at your sheet DPS and hoping you did it properly.

If the community cares enough to make non-intrusive addons that enhance gameplay, why is that a bad thing? The devs clearly aren't working on it.
Community Manager
Will I get banned if I use this program [Removed].
What do u guys think?
As MissCheetah pointed out, use of 3rd-party apps in conjunction with Diablo III is not permitted. You can find out more about our Diablo exploitation policy here, and you can read a bit more about the account bans we issue here.

We also kindly ask that you avoid mentioning the names of specific 3rd-party programs on the forums, since we don't condone advertising them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]