Diablo® III

bots?

90 Worgen Death Knight
I am currently trying to win a bid for a legendary right now, but every time i put in a bid, it says i have lost, and when i check what the winning bid is, its 1 gold larger than mine...so i try to bid every second with random numbers and its 1 gold larger than mine each time..?
Reply Quote
Hi All,

Are you sure its 1 gold more than your bid? Or it could be because someone has place a cap on the item. Just for reference only.

An Item that is up for bid has a current bid, this bid is what you see and is shown. However, someone can place a bid higher than what it is currently have which is hidden. You'll have to match that bid to become the winning bid. To win the item, your bid must be the highest (if there is no buyout). So just because the option to raise it is there, it doesn't necessarily mean you have the next highest bid, simply you have to either enter your bid or continuously raise it until it reaches the hidden. Hope that helps you.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/23/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Deathicious
I am currently trying to win a bid for a legendary right now, but every time i put in a bid, it says i have lost, and when i check what the winning bid is, its 1 gold larger than mine...so i try to bid every second with random numbers and its 1 gold larger than mine each time..?
It sounds from your example that the the previous/current bidder actually placed a higher maximum bid before you placed your bids. Because your bids have all been lower than the maximum bid that the other player is willing to play (and this maximum amount is hidden so that you cannot see it), each time you place a bid, they've still been coming out ahead of you, and will continue to be "in the lead" until your maximum bid exceeds their maximum bid.

LapChi's explanation is a good one, and I'd encourage you to read over our Game Guide article on how bidding works in Diablo III as well.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Vaeflare
It sounds from your example that the the previous/current bidder actually placed a higher maximum bid before you placed your bids. Because your bids have all been lower than the maximum bid that the other player is willing to play (and this maximum amount is hidden so that you cannot see it), each time you place a bid, they've still been coming out ahead of you, and will continue to be "in the lead" until your maximum bid exceeds their maximum bid.

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499181757#2"]LapChi's explanation[/url] is a good one, and I'd encourage you to read over our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/auction-house#bidding"]Game Guide article on how bidding works in Diablo III[/url] as well.

Yes and maybe the game shouldn't work like this because of how frustrating this is. Why show a value of 40 mil when the actual bid is 65 mil? The actual bidded amount should be shown. The current way does not make sense and I am sure this will not be fixed either like most of the other flaws.
Reply Quote
Yes and maybe the game shouldn't work like this because of how frustrating this is. Why show a value of 40 mil when the actual bid is 65 mil? The actual bidded amount should be shown. The current way does not make sense and I am sure this will not be fixed either like most of the other flaws.

It is not a flaw.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 04:47 PMPosted by kastermaster

It is not a flaw.

Flaws are in the eye of the beholder. This will not safeguard against flipping. More experienced flippers will actually use the hidden system to their advantage as many less experienced flippers do not know about this.
Reply Quote
Rage, !@#$%^- it its not a flaw. The flaw is you not able to comprehend proxy bidding.

@Blue - even though this goofball doesn't know what is going on, there are indeed too many bots to make me log back in anytime soon.
Reply Quote
Wow, we still have to go over how bidding works?
Reply Quote
Yes because proxy bidding surely helps most of the Diablo community who have no clue what that is and the rest of the community wants to quit the game out of frustration.
Reply Quote
There are many flaws in this game and that is usually due to the case that the dev team isn't as intelligent as the majority of the high end player base. I say this because the less intelligent do not notice these flaws as much. In this case however, Rage is the unintelligent one here. Yes, lets get rid of proxy bidding. SOUNDS GOOD. So we can go back to old school auction days where everyone waits until the last second to bid. Better yet, you are winning an auction at 120 million for 1 day 11 hours 58 minutes and while you're at work someone bids up the minimum and you lose the auction. Why were they able to bid you up by the minimum while you were not even at your computer to defend your bid? Oh that's right, because your maximum bid was shown and not protected by a proxy. Proxy bidding allows players to compete on items no matter when the auction ends. Why force every bidder to be at their computer at the auction close. For everyone but 1 player that is going to be a complete waste of time.

It took me all of 2 days to realize something was going on when I was trying to last second snipe bid items the second week of release and I was being instantly outbid on a good portion of them. If players are still having problems with this and not smart enough to investigate what is going on then they deserve to lose out to the proxy bid system.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Rage

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499181757#2"]LapChi's explanation[/url] is a good one, and I'd encourage you to read over our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/auction-house#bidding"]Game Guide article on how bidding works in Diablo III[/url] as well.

But it is not a flaw and it should work that way. We just have to understand what proxy bids means. Now instead of trying to outbid someone else, which btw might be more that you ware willing to pay. You just put down an amount you are willing to pay for the item. If it is not enough then more on to the next item, it is really that simple. It can save gold, due to trying to win a bidding war. Or worse the one that would be willing to pay more to make more on the flip might resort to snipping, so snipping would occur more often than it does now.
Reply Quote
There are many flaws in this game and that is usually due to the case that the dev team isn't as intelligent as the majority of the high end player base. I say this because the less intelligent do not notice these flaws as much. In this case however, Rage is the unintelligent one here. Yes, lets get rid of proxy bidding. SOUNDS GOOD. So we can go back to old school auction days where everyone waits until the last second to bid. Better yet, you are winning an auction at 120 million for 1 day 11 hours 58 minutes and while you're at work someone bids up the minimum and you lose the auction. Why were they able to bid you up by the minimum while you were not even at your computer to defend your bid? Oh that's right, because your maximum bid was shown and not protected by a proxy. Proxy bidding allows players to compete on items no matter when the auction ends. Why force every bidder to be at their computer at the auction close. For everyone but 1 player that is going to be a complete waste of time.

It took me all of 2 days to realize something was going on when I was trying to last second snipe bid items the second week of release and I was being instantly outbid on a good portion of them. If players are still having problems with this and not smart enough to investigate what is going on then they deserve to lose out to the proxy bid system.

To counter that I can ask why should we have a system where I have to have my gold returned to me 5 times before I get the bid I want due to an automatic, hidden process? Would it make intelligent sense for me to just randomly bid way over the starting amount just to avoid the frustration of having to do a bid 5 times?

A flaw exists.
Edited by Rage#1743 on 7/23/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ill agree on the point of the returning gold. It really should just auto return. It's also funny that you cannot raise your own bid if you dont have the additional cash in your stash.

Example...... I bid 1mil on something, then realize I'd like to hit it to 2mil just o be sure I have a chance to win it. But I only have 2 mil total. Cant bump my own bid. Weird.
Reply Quote
Even the auction house is too hard. We better nerf it.

I don't see a problem with using the proxy bidding system, other than maybe people seem to have a hard time understanding it.
Reply Quote
I can ask why should we have a system where I have to have my gold returned to me 5 times before I get the bid I want due to an automatic, hidden process? Would it make intelligent sense for me to just randomly bid way over the starting amount just to avoid the frustration of having to do a bid 5 times?

A flaw exists.

You should never have to bid 5 times. As ShadowAegis said, you place your Maximum bid on an item, that is, the absolute most you are willing to pay. The game even prompts you to do just that, the dialogue reads "Enter Maximum Bid". If you don't come out on top, someone else is willing to pay more than you, move on. You're not supposed to sit there and play cat and mouse trying to one up the other bidders.

This is how literally every popular online bidding system works. It's a system of convenience, if it was any other way it would be a broken system.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/23/2013 6:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

It's a system of convenience, if it was any other way it would be a broken system.

Yes since it is real convenient to have my gold from a maximum bid be tied up for a day and a half. If I bidded a maximum bid of 2 billion for an item when the current bid is 500 mil and I win the auction for 750 million, then I have 1.25 billion extra gold tied up for a day and a half losing out on possible other opportunities for different transactions.
Edited by Rage#1743 on 7/23/2013 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Rage
Yes because proxy bidding surely helps most of the Diablo community who have no clue what that is and the rest of the community wants to quit the game out of frustration.

most of the community knows exactly how to proxy bid.

you are not most of the community.

here's a hint, Bid the absolute maximum you are willing to spend, and you might win something.

if you get out bid, someone is willing to spend more... thats how proxy bidding works.

It's a system of convenience, if it was any other way it would be a broken system.

Yes since it is real convenient to have my gold from a maximum bid be tied up for a day and a half. If I bidded a maximum bid of 2 billion for an item when the current bid is 500 mil and I win the auction for 750 million, then I have 1.25 billion extra gold tied up for a day and a half losing out on possible other opportunities for different transactions.

simple fix, as i stated above, bid what you are willing to spend. then you wont have money " tied up" because you can just accept the fact that you are going to spend all of it on that item. and if you get some back you should feel fortunate.

With that said, I would really like Bliz to remove the timers from bids, because people waiting till the last second to out bid an item is really asinine.
Edited by Utsu#1149 on 7/23/2013 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]