Diablo® III

The New and Improved Super Duper Monk Club

07/22/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Wannabee808
Hey boss, I think BumblyWumbly is still waiting for membership approval.

See what happens when we operate without an agenda?! I can't do everything around here on first come-first served basis, something's bound to slip in the cracks!

Very well, Bumbly is on board and what's more - I'm assigning to him the responsibilities of Chief Recruiter and Head of HR. Please file all further applications with him, I'll just do what proper bosses do and initial whatever papers he hands in for signing. No smart-@$$ jokes like slipping in the order for my own beheading, if you please!

Druin - I'm happy to welcome you in our little elitist society! At the same time however, I'm a little befuddled with your badge request. It would have been so much easier, if you were a SnB type of Monk, as we could simply paint that badge according to full specifications on your shield, but that Doom Hammer of yours is just highly unsuitable for the purpose. Tell you what - since everyone is apparently customizing their capes, why don't we just print you that Excel sheet and you can drape it on your shoulders! That way, you can wear it inside-out not only when you need to reference something on the reverse side, but also when it needs washing and no one will be the wiser that you're actually lenient with your laundry, rather than just demonstrating your smarts!
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Laurelynd
Tell you what - since everyone is apparently customizing their capes, why don't we just print you that Excel sheet and you can drape it on your shoulders! That way, you can wear it inside-out not only when you need to reference something on the reverse side, but also when it needs washing and no one will be the wiser that you're actually lenient with your laundry, rather than just demonstrating your smarts!

^genius
Reply Quote
can i join? pwetty pwease?
Reply Quote
View profile
07/22/2013 11:00 AMPosted by ChaoticF

I have a bad feeling about this one. Please consider his application closely.
I foresee 1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion. if he is accepted.
Reply Quote
Are 1k hours of monk gameplay enough to proof my insanity?

No?
I refuse to "play" the AH(its an abomination). Not once had more than 30M on my hands. (salvaging everything to create conquest swords).

Still not?
Selffound char, with a gift from a friend here and there.

Yes, this spear is the best i came along in a thousand hours of shredding the evil forces and forging uncounted numbers of swords. ^^'

Praise Ytar!
Reply Quote
View profile
Since Druin is now an official club member perhaps we can make use if his more unique talents. He can become the official Entrant Hammer Guardian! Hmm...that sounded sooo much cooler in my head..... Ahh well everyone have some popcorn and beer. :)
Reply Quote
View profile
Can't see your spear as I'm posting from my phone, but I like your tag Spleen! :)
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 11:09 AMPosted by KamelJabber

I have a bad feeling about this one. Please consider his application closely.
I foresee 1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion. if he is accepted.

Nonsense! my life is full of order and tranquility! :)

i am, a monk after all =P
Reply Quote
View profile
my life is full of order and tranquility! :)

Hey that's how I feel after I have a good toilet session! ;P
Reply Quote
Since Druin is now an official club member perhaps we can make use if his more unique talents. He can become the official Entrant Hammer Guardian! Hmm...that sounded sooo much cooler in my head..... Ahh well everyone have some popcorn and beer. :)

Very well, henceforth Druin shall be known as the Club's Official Doorkeeper. Of course, the title is strictly non-prefunctional, as we don't really need a porter, ever since we installed the new entry system. I'll use the occasion to remind the new recruits never to use the doorbell button - this one is incorporated with the Lodge's defense system and drops an actual Bell in the dead center of the doormat. Please use the secret knock pattern instead, that one will be demonstrated on the first introduction session, upon your admittance into the Club.

And since Bumbly appears to be late for his first day of HR service, I'll collect ChaoticF and TheSpleen's applications. I see no way we can turn down anyone who is self-confessed orderly and tranquil or in the case of TheSpleen - brave enough to go about without belt nor fear of dropping his pants in mid-combat. You can collect your membership cards from my office by the morrow.
Reply Quote
I can be your Huckleberry
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 02:31 PMPosted by sauvwren
I can be your Huckleberry

Thank you very much, but we already had the fence whitewashed last month.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Laurelynd
Thank you very much, but we already had the fence whitewashed last month

Not a fan of Tombstone? ;)
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 02:35 PMPosted by sauvwren
Not a fan of Tombstone? ;)

Not in particular. Besides, no stetsons are permitted in the Lodge. the official dress code here requires a top hat, because - you know - you can't be a TOP Monk without a TOP hat. Please have your steed discharged to the stables in the courtyard, along with other cowboyish paraphernalia you may have on yourself, if you wish to hand your application in person. If you cannot be bothered to make yourself presentable - feel free to slip it under the door and ring the doorbell.
Reply Quote
Darn, with Druin at the door... It looks like won't be able to sneak in now.

/sigh
Reply Quote
View profile
.......already people contemplating sneaking in........didn't expect this from you Weegee. I thought you and the boss were tight? Maybe I can convince her to let you become part of my serving staff...
Reply Quote
Darn, with Druin at the door... It looks like won't be able to sneak in now.

/sigh

Why do you need to sneak in, if you have already been approved as an authorized member? Ah, I think I see what the issue is - if memory serves me right, your membership card was hand-sketched on an oily McDonalds paper napkin. The pass scanner we recently installed at the entrance, as part of the new Security Access System (SAS), certainly can't read the bar code off that one. You should ask the Master Doorkeeper to issue a new pass for you. Oh, wait... well, good luck with the sneaking, then. I'm sure you are going to familiarize yourself soon enough with all traps we have laid all over the grounds, as part of the aforementioned SAS.
Reply Quote
Well, I've been hanging out with you guys for some time now. It's like... you see me all the time, but little did you know I've never had an official card.

I'll have a chat to Doorkeeper Druin. See what he says. Promise I'll behave! :)
Reply Quote
my mom says that i am special

let me in or i will make her talk to your mom.
Reply Quote
View profile
Ok now that's where the club draws the line.....there will be no threatening anyone with anything for entry into the club; page 38 paragraph 3 line 5 of the official handbook.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]