Diablo® III

The New and Improved Super Duper Monk Club

07/22/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Ok now that's where the club draws the line.....there will be no threatening anyone with anything for entry into the club; page 38 paragraph 3 line 5 of the official handbook.

This is doubly valid for threats involving maternal influence on the outcome of the dispute. Plenty of military conflicts and inappropriate jokes have started with the line "Your mom...". We'll have none of that in the Super Duper Club.

Tzgur, please reword your application accordingly, if you wish to have it considered. Oh, and have your mom sign a note that you are permitted to attend Club sessions.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Laurelynd
Not in particular. Besides, no stetsons are permitted in the Lodge. the official dress code here requires a top hat, because - you know - you can't be a TOP Monk without a TOP hat. Please have your steed discharged to the stables in the courtyard, along with other cowboyish paraphernalia you may have on yourself, if you wish to hand your application in person. If you cannot be bothered to make yourself presentable - feel free to slip it under the door and ring the doorbell.

I accept. I will leave my steed and pistols with your stableman, and hand you my application in person. I already have a Black Satin Top Hat.

If you have need of an upgraded security system, I have the next generation German security system, Rottweiler2.0. This advanced, early warning, FoF (Friend or Foe) security system might be just what you need to keep unwanted Monks from sneaking in.
Reply Quote
Are 1k hours of monk gameplay enough to proof my insanity?

No?
I refuse to "play" the AH(its an abomination). Not once had more than 30M on my hands. (salvaging everything to create conquest swords).

Still not?
Selffound char, with a gift from a friend here and there.

Yes, this spear is the best i came along in a thousand hours of shredding the evil forces and forging uncounted numbers of swords. ^^'

Praise Ytar!

Where the heck have you been hiding yourself? You should totally come out and play in one of Vrk or my self-found threads. As far as I recall, yours is only the second self-found paragon 100 I've seen (the other was a barb). Nice monk!
Reply Quote
Douchecanoe?
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 04:45 PMPosted by simplemath
Douchecanoe?

It wasn't in the douche, it was in the hot tub. And appears to be still in. I should hold a little conversation with KJ, I believe he's currently practicing scuba-diving in the goldfish's bowl. Butler, kindly plug this cork into his aqualung, I'll go have a word with him in a moment.

Sauvwren's application is triple-stamped and approved. The Rottweiler proposition was duly considered, but deemed an act of unnecessary cruelty, in case Weegee doesn't get clearance for a new access pass.
Reply Quote
First of I would like to thank our fearless leader for my admission into this esteemed organization.

I have dusted off my top hat an am looking forward to this group growing into an elitist organization that knows no bounds and I am sure if we put our top hats together we can climb to unheard of heights.

I am proud to be in charge of recruiting but I do have a small issue with the HR title.

To be brutally honest me and the HR department dont get along too well. I spend a lot of time fighting with the HR department and it tends to make me say bad words and not nice things about them and things related to them or in their general vicinity or things that they control or have a say over.

Being the head of HR would be a vicious cycle where I would spend all day fighting with myself and I am sure some of the things I would say about myself to myself would not be befitting of a monk even though I would probably deserve it just because I work for HR. Its just a nasty cycle that would make me dizzier than a whirl winding blond barbarian woman with an over sized set of snack trays.
Sure it might be amusing to watch at first but after a while it gets painful just to look at.

I hope this makes a bit of sense and I feel it would be better to let someone else be in charge of HR.
But hey if you find someone it instantly gives me a new nemesis and that may be more beneficial to all involved and more fun to watch the me being self abusing.

B.W
Edited by BumblyWumbly#1542 on 7/22/2013 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have no idea what you fools are talking about. It's just a game, the club you need to know should be a spiritual club, not some material item duplication club.
But whatever, it's just me, do what you wilt.
Reply Quote
Super Pooper Club I say

Hey Simplemath, noticed you bidding on that fist on d2jsp.
Reply Quote
Hello super pooper monks!

If I join your club will I be able to dual wield Scorns and have 600K unbuffed DPS ?

Can I, huh ?? Can I ? Can I , huh ?

(I will give you a dollar!....That is my whole allowance from my wife!)
Reply Quote
View profile
Boss.....we have haters at the doors.....summon The Door Guard to drop bells! :P
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 08:10 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Boss.....we have haters at the doors.....summon The Door Guard to drop bells! :P

*ding*

*dong* *DONG* *DONG* *DONG*
Reply Quote
View profile
And whats with LR/CF saying
material item duplication club
when did we get into that (just ignore Druin's ammy)? Where's my cut???
Reply Quote
Weegee

*ding*

*dong* *DONG* *DONG* *DONG*

"Once I was swimmin' 'cross turtle creek,
Man then snappers all around my feet!
Sure was hard swimmin' 'cross that thing....
With both hands holding my DING-A-LING-A-LING!"
Reply Quote
@ Bumbly

I appreciate the honesty you demonstrated when turning down the proposed post. Although, the way you go about it, we could have cut down on job positions, seeing how we could have rolled Residential Jester and Head of HR into one. Still, being reasonably merciful and more or less democratic organization, we are not going to hold you to that assignment and will relieve you of any suchlike duties. Instead I'm going to give you the liberty of appointing an arch nemesis of your choice as Head of HR, accompanied by full privileges to fire him (or at him), whenever you feel the department could use a bit of a shake-up.

To anyone accusing the Club in dealings with shoddy artifacts, I would like you to observe that there's actually precious few of those amongst the Club members, the raison d'etre of our noble organization having nothing to do with any duping practices. I gather the misunderstanding stems from the ambiguity of our 'Super Duper' logo, please accept my sincere assurances that the 'Duper' part serves only aesthetic purposes in complementing the 'Super' portion of it. In fact, as soon as we recruit ourselves a Bard, I'm going to set him at adapting the music from ABBA's 'Super Trooper' into the composition of an official Anthem for the Club.

@ RockShow

DW Skorns is not against Club policies. Regrettably, it does not seem to work at present. I can. however, make you a promise that if a time machine gets invented by a member of this Club, you are going to be the very first test subject we launch back to September of last year.

@ Angelthirst

You appear to have been somehow deluded about our practices here. I cannot stress enough how spiritual our organization is, in observation of social good taste - particularly after noon time. The preferred spirit of choice seems to be beer, but I trust even the most erudite of drinkers would be impressed by the contents of our cellar. I can personally recommend the House Special, our famous Rum Punch (with a punch), mixed at the bar per our secret Club recipe.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thank god you are an eloquent speaker boss. I probably would have said something like :P
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Wannabee808
Ok now that's where the club draws the line.....there will be no threatening anyone with anything for entry into the club; page 38 paragraph 3 line 5 of the official handbook.

/cryoutloud
Reply Quote
View profile
Tzgur, please reword your application accordingly, if you wish to have it considered. Oh, and have your mom sign a note that you are permitted to attend Club sessions.

From the boss :) thank you for your time and patience
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 04:44 PMPosted by overg
Where the heck have you been hiding yourself? You should totally come out and play in one of Vrk or my self-found threads. As far as I recall, yours is only the second self-found paragon 100 I've seen (the other was a barb). Nice monk!

Me? Hiding? Norway!
Been'round low MP public servers most of mah times.

Keyword "selffound" hasn't linked me to either of these two threads. Add me ingame, i won't care.
(for all the insane people in here .. the sane ones can chew on something sharp and poisonous.)

Funfact: Found an upgrade yesterday .. new sword. TheSpleen(tm) comes with more ccd nao! yaaay :D

This thread seems to cyclone strike all the monk nutjobs into it... i find this disgustingly awesome.
Reply Quote
View profile
:) we try
Reply Quote
This better be an equal opportunity organization or I'll seek legal recourse!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]