Diablo® III

Loot 2.0, discovering its true potential.

- Diablo III
View profile
Hi everyone,

If you ask any veteran Diablo player what their most memorable moment was from a past Diablo game, more often than not it will involve a story about the time when a certain rare item dropped for them. Whether that drop was a legendary (unique) item which was statistically next to impossible to find, a high rune needed to craft an amazing runeword, or even just a legendary item with perfect stats, the feeling was pretty much all the same (alright.. finding something like a Windforce, Zod rune, or Tyrael’s Might was a little different haha). Players could probably even go as far as recalling the time of day, act, zone, or monster that dropped that particular item, it was that memorable. How can we give this same nostalgia feeling back to the items in Diablo III?

Please take a look at my most recent post on Diablofans.com and let me show you how I think this feeling could be brought back. I'd post the entire topic here but without the pictures it doesn't really have the same weight.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/99370-loot-20-discovering-its-true-potential/

Hope you all enjoy
Edited by Monstrous#1404 on 7/21/2013 9:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard. Hire. This. Man. Some really awesome ideas in here, unfortunately i feel that all we will get from blizz in response to it is "its a cool idea, and we've talked about it" and that is it. In any event, this is awesome.
Reply Quote
Really awesome!
Reply Quote
The suggestions that you made are awesome! They would add so much more purpose to the D3 farming experience that people would be kept busy for years!!!

Blizzard, please utilize this mans creativity!!

EDIT: please post this in the EU general forums if you haven't already!
Edited by Ace#2984 on 7/21/2013 1:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi everyone,

If you ask any veteran Diablo player what their most memorable moment was from a past Diablo game, more often than not it will involve a story about the time when a certain rare item dropped for them. Whether that drop was a legendary (unique) item which was statistically next to impossible to find, a high rune needed to craft an amazing runeword, or even just a legendary item with perfect stats, the feeling was pretty much all the same (alright.. finding something like a Windforce, Zod rune, or Tyrael’s Might was a little different haha). Players could probably even go as far as recalling the time of day, act, zone, or monster that dropped that particular item, it was that memorable. How can we give this same nostalgia feeling back to the items in Diablo III?

Please take a look at my most recent post on Diablofans.com and let me show you how I think this feeling could be brought back. I'd post the entire topic here but without the pictures it doesn't really have the same weight.

Hope you all enjoy

enjoy

The one thing I vehemently disagree with regarding your mystic idea is the progressive material and gold cost per .5% crit increase. It would make sense for it to cost 160 million to go from 0%-6% crit in one enhancement since that's a huge huge upgrade, however paying 160 million to go from 5.5%- 6% is ridiculous. You're essentially paying 315 million for 3% crit. That's not helping the fun factor of the game at all.

Should an enhancement like that be cheap or easy, no, but that much gold to someone who doesn't buy gold or flip is absurd in reasonable amounts of time without being insanely lucky with a valuable drop. Even in Loot 2.0 315 million would be a crazy amount I surmise.

Otherwise, good stuff.
Reply Quote
This is a great read I hope a blue notices this.
Reply Quote
His Idea is too original and addicting. Blizzard will never do it.
Reply Quote
Amazing Ideas. I don't see blizzard ever doing anything that would take away from the RMAH tho. Unless they added a subscription or other form of income
Reply Quote
Wow. Awesome ideas. I especially like the sections on Rewarding the Hunt & Magic Find.
Reply Quote
Amazing ideas! Especially the legendaries with skillrunes, that would be really awesome!

But one question concerning NV stacks: On MP 5 you will need 100 (!) Elitekills for full MF? That's too much imo. Or perhaps you have an idea to increase the possibilities of getting stacks?
Reply Quote
Hi everyone,

Hope you all enjoy

enjoy

The one thing I vehemently disagree with regarding your mystic idea is the progressive material and gold cost per .5% crit increase. It would make sense for it to cost 160 million to go from 0%-6% crit in one enhancement since that's a huge huge upgrade, however paying 160 million to go from 5.5%- 6% is ridiculous. You're essentially paying 315 million for 3% crit. That's not helping the fun factor of the game at all.

Should an enhancement like that be cheap or easy, no, but that much gold to someone who doesn't buy gold or flip is absurd in reasonable amounts of time without being insanely lucky with a valuable drop. Even in Loot 2.0 315 million would be a crazy amount I surmise.

Otherwise, good stuff.

I completely agree. Yes, gold is almost nothing worth by now, but those of us that dont flipp or spend money on the RMAH 300m is still a hell lot of gold.
Reply Quote
Hi everyone,

Hope you all enjoy

enjoy

We as a community need to repost and bump this on a daily basis. Whenever community mods enter a thread, we need to derail the thread by linking this in every single post after their comment. This needs to happen.

Edit: One thing I disagree on, drop rates should be a bit higher still. I like the idea of variable drop rates to creature different "runs" for farming different items (rings off Andariel etc.). I just hate the current economy and miss the days of plentiful duped items. :(
Edited by Prome#1982 on 7/21/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Amazing ideas! Especially the legendaries with skillrunes, that would be really awesome!

But one question concerning NV stacks: On MP 5 you will need 100 (!) Elitekills for full MF? That's too much imo. Or perhaps you have an idea to increase the possibilities of getting stacks?

Yeah I guess I should of shared my thoughts behind this a little more. The whole idea was originally to de-emphasize the value in general of Magic Find. Sure getting stacks should increase your chances, but not by the amount 0% MF compares to 500% in the current game. People would be rewarded for putting the time into a game, but it would only be a slight advantage.

Finding the sweet spot as far as monster power would be more important as well for your character. If you could get to 100 stacks faster in MP5 than you could get 50 stacks in MP10 than you know you should be playing MP5.
Reply Quote
Good read. I love the idea of an Achievement that gives small bonuses based on the items you find.

Definite +1
Reply Quote
This needs to be seen by more eyes. Blizzard.. we have a winner..
Reply Quote
this makes me so upset when players can come up with these ideas and yet when u watch the recent interview with the dev they r so clueless
Reply Quote
Why not remove all caps instead.... it would be good for any1 even those that are maxed

no mf/gold and possibly no speed running cap
Reply Quote
Read it all and you really have some great ideas... Also love the pictures :D
But would still love to see MF% on gear again...

Then we could have an helmet saying both _ +30% per stack NV increase and 60% base MF% _

Agree that it has to be removed from paragon since it encourage only playing one character, which I think is a big problem in D3...

But, there would still not be a need to build two DHs since the character progression is preset, so the only thing they can do is to to make a lot more in-game content for just one character per class (doesn't sound very Diablo)...

The rune system on weapons that you suggest expand a lot on that, and are a great idea, but still don't think that it can keep up with how fast gamers go through content, and it still didn't solve the initial problem - the level progression is preset and has a very limiting impact on the game in many aspects...

Still if Blizz look at your ideas and implement them, the game's content would grow by 1000%
Reply Quote
Bump! Read this blizz. We even did your job for you so now just implement this please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]