Diablo® III

Loot 2.0, discovering its true potential.

This is basically what my guess as to what 2.0 will look like.

Weapons: Weapons that drop in Inferno will have their DPS adjusted, so the minimum you can expect to find will be around 700 or so. Weapons that already have high values won't change.

Armor: Armor stats won't change much. But class specific items, like quivers, sources, etc., will only have class specific affixes on them. No more strength quivers.

Drop Rates: Drop rates won't change, but Legendary and Set items you can find in lower difficulties will now drop in Inferno. Their stats will be adjusted, so don't expect anything overpowered, but you will find more Legendaries.

Variety: Set items will now affect cool-downs more. Equip 2 of a Set, halve your cool-down, etc.

Miscellaneous items will have Procs added to them. Stormshield will have a chance to cast a Storm Nova when hit. Schaefer's Hammer will have a chance to proc a HoTA effect.

Bosses: Bosses will have a chance to drop a Unique, BoA item. Siegebreaker will drop a claw set for Monks, Zoltun Kulle will drop an offhand for Wizzes.

Just a guess, glhf!
Reply Quote
As amazing as the ideas are, I'm getting scared that Blizzard just will ignore them (hopefully not).

I have prepared a skit for you...

Blizzard: (Finishes reading the post) "DAMN IT, why didn't we think of any of this?"
Players: "It's alright, you've pissed a lot of us off, but now it's just about your last chance to fix it.."
Blizzard: (Thinks to self) "...Does that mean we have to pay this guy for his ideas, AH HELL NAW MY MUNNY! (Pisses off players to an extreme)
Players: (ALT + F4, Drags D3 to recycling) "Bye."
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Monstrous
Either you guys can't read properly or his pictures are just too awesome. Either way, this thread is so flawed and it's sad watching peeps bumping without thinking into his ideas.

I'm in no way saying my ideas are the greatest, I just simply wanted to put it out there as to what I think would make the game fun for me. The pictures are a fun addition that I think help get my ideas across. I've already seen many ideas floating around which could be done to tune up the features in my post to make them better, that's perfectly fine... it's the discussion which is needed.

Your ideas are a great start, but that's it. None of them will work as I have pointed out in detail within my thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9500131399?page=1#6

But of course it's all text so 99% of people won't read it properly.
I don't know how much thought u gave into the ideas but they are terrible if you think deeper, I mean 82 body parts...500 Elites...really?! That's some of the worse ideas EVER.

The pictures do more than 'a fun addition' sadly, I don't think half the people read your post properly. The amount of shameless !@#-kissing bumps is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
No blue comments?
Reply Quote
Thank you Monstrous for creating these wonderful ideas. I can for sure tell you put a lot of time and effort into these ideas. I sure hope most if not all of these ideas can be implemented at some point in time. Well done. =)
Reply Quote
bumping again for blue to at least acknowledge that this is better than anything they have thought/will think for Items-2.0.

And to all the people poking holes in this concept: you're right.

But Blizz is the one that went full-tard first when they shipped this garbage, over-hyped beta test.

EXAMPLE: Invulnerable prefixes...

Of course (!) OP's proposals are preposterous as they are so ingrained in the basic elements and code of D3 that it would basically require them to remake the whole damn thing.

Which is kind of the point.

One person, with some decent graphic design/photoshopping skills just rekindled my love of DIABLO 2...FOR DIABLO 3! Not to mention the effort OP put into this post looks like more than what the developers put into the terrain/monster variation/weapon design/etc.

And for the record, I consider this game to be as bad as drugs (repugnant, yet appealing to my affinity for mundane ritual). The only time this game was ever really fun was the night it came out. My friend and I spent all night getting to the butcher and beating him in normal with our first characters. Not a single moment past that first act (or beating it however many times I have since) remotely compares.

THAT is why blizzard blew it. Because we loved the old ones so much, we are actually putting up with this game in the hopes that around the corner it will change, and be different, and treat us "right," or even like it used to back in 2000.

TIL I am in an abusive relationship with Blizzard.
Edited by Kovas#1780 on 7/23/2013 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I don't know how much thought u gave into the ideas but they are terrible if you think deeper, I mean 82 body parts...500 Elites...really?! That's some of the worse ideas EVER.

I put into my posts a note about the numbers (both mine and Monstrous') not being final and mainly for presenting the idea. I pointed out why some things won't work, why others would need to have a minimum value, or the pros/cons with the idea along with a possible solution from myself.

Monstrous' ideas aren't bad at all. They're honestly meant as a starting point - a gateway, if you will - for his ideas to expand and/or spawn other good ideas. That's the entire point of discussion threads like these.

07/23/2013 10:01 PMPosted by DoomDash
No blue comments?

I wouldn't expect any in this particular thread. The best hope we'll have of seeing a "blue" jump in is the cap being raised when (or just before) the thread reaches it. The discussion here is mostly positive, something they're not going to want to taint unless absolutely necessary. Trust me, it's being read.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
I'm sure the devs saw this thread by now. They DO read fan sites especially threads that get a lot of positive feedback.
Reply Quote
Honest question:

Are people saying how fantastic these ideas are mainly to stick it to Blizzard because they are frustrated at the game, or do people REALLY think these ideas are what the game needs to be fixed?

The first....

And I am also curious if the D3 official staff released these same things, how many hear bleating like sheep would trash it.

There are some useful parts to this, but there are some glaring problems they would cause as well. I am not one for throwing a bunch of crap on the wall and seeing what sticks.

I think the itemization patch should really come out first before these suggestions anyway, as more than likely most of the things they want to do are already in place, and some of the changes suggested may already be happening or may be made obsolete.

There were problems with D3 on release, but the game has come a long way through small and steady steps (which some of them came from these forum suggestions). Drastic changes and you are just asking to crash the gameplay.
Edited by RhymingDemon#1973 on 7/24/2013 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I put into my posts a note about the numbers (both mine and Monstrous') not being final and mainly for presenting the idea. I pointed out why some things won't work, why others would need to have a minimum value, or the pros/cons with the idea along with a possible solution from myself.

Monstrous' ideas aren't bad at all. They're honestly meant as a starting point - a gateway, if you will - for his ideas to expand and/or spawn other good ideas. That's the entire point of discussion threads like these.

Thanks Tias, you worded it perfectly.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Chewbecca

I'm in no way saying my ideas are the greatest, I just simply wanted to put it out there as to what I think would make the game fun for me. The pictures are a fun addition that I think help get my ideas across. I've already seen many ideas floating around which could be done to tune up the features in my post to make them better, that's perfectly fine... it's the discussion which is needed.

Your ideas are a great start, but that's it. None of them will work as I have pointed out in detail within my thread:

The pictures do more than 'a fun addition' sadly, I don't think half the people read your post properly. The amount of shameless !@#-kissing bumps is ridiculous.

That none of them will work is an exaggeration. Plus you just replace the body parts with 'orders' in many cases.. you just try to ride the popularity of Monstrous' post.

Yes the +damage from achievements is silly along with the crazy amount of crafting mats among other things. But some of the ideas are good (The Mystic).

About the pictures at least he took the time and made them while you haven't so stop trying to belittle others because they put effort into their presentation.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 12:36 AMPosted by RhymingDemon
And I am also curious if the D3 official staff released these same things, how many hear bleating like sheep would trash it.

I am amazed that people can actually post this with a straight face.
Edited by Death#1665 on 7/24/2013 4:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice photoshopped pictures! I give you that. However, some of your ideas are flawed and not well thought through.

- Rarity: Having some sparkels spinning around the legendary beam to express its rarity looks cool. But a rare legendary doesn't necessarily make a good legendary. So those sparkels do not indicate whether a legenary drop is good or not. This means that many players will probably lose their excitement about this visual effect. But in the end, I don't mind.

- Rewarding the Hunt: Sounds nice on paper. I agree to give achievements more purpose and better rewards. But your proposal will just cause the unidentified item market to boom. Again, I don't mind.

- Magic Find: I strongly disagree with this change. 500 elites to kill on MP1 to max MF. That's hilarious. I don't think there're ever 500 elites in the entire game all acts combined. What about HC players and casual gamers? Many HC players play on MP1 for safety reasons. Many casuals have poor gear and can hardly play on MP1 without dying. Your idea to remove one NV stack on death would make it even harder for casuals to see the light of the day. Your MF-system does only benefit those players with 400k+ DPS which can slice trough MP10 with ease. The richest getting richer and the poorest getting poorer. This would also *force* players to play very long game seasons for many hours to get the most out of MF. Another slap in the face for casuals. This is just an awful idea.

- Crafting: Crafting is fine but it's no fun for me. It's actually very boring, but I agree that crafting helps people to progress. So it has right to exist. But introducing 82 more crafting materials, really? We already have 3 tradable craftings materials and DEs. That's more than enough. I would make more use of existing crafting materials than adding new ones. For instance, those purple legendary monsters could have a higher drop chance for demonic essences.

- The Mystic: I'm all for upgrading and enchating items. But you balanced it around those 5% billionaires in the game. 80mio gold for a tiny 0.5%cc upgrade, really? Wouldn't it be much better to make crafting/enchanting/upgrading available for everyone, including HC-players and casuals? I would change it to this: 0.5%cc upgrade for 10 brimstone, 100 DEs and 1mio gold. Those 10 brimstones will increase the value of legendary items in general. 100 DEs are the time-sink, so that billionaires and even item-flippers have to play the game in order to get them. And 1mio gold is affordable for everyone. Much better, isn't it?

- Legendary Items: This is actually a good proposal. Legendary items should change the gameplay mechanics to some degree. Allowing Barbs to wield two 2-handers, or the Wizzard to remove the cooldown time from Teleport, etc. I hope that Blizzard is doing something like this in the upcoming patch.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Chewbecca

Your self-important diatribe which did not warrant its own thread is pretty shameless.

You have issues with arbitrary numbers and attack his ideas as if they would be implemented as is with no testing. No one ever said his exact ideas had to be the only way to make some changes. He has a few good base concepts that can be refined and expanded upon. Put down the haterade sport-o.

The images are not more than a nice addition, and most of the visual aids were showcasing changes that were, wait for it, visual and aesthetic in nature.

Yes, you are the only one here capable of reading comprehension and no one will read your thread because it has no pictures. No actually no one will read your thread because of your smarmy and indignant attitude which is completely uncalled for. Next time try posting your critcisms in the relevant thread and don't start by calling your audience stupid.
Reply Quote
good in every way
Reply Quote
To address the issue with high NV stacking leading to day long play sessions on one character as the optimal play style:

You could simply lower his NV stack cap suggestion.

You could make it so that you retain your NV for a time after logging out.

You could make it so that you can transfer your NV stacks to your other characters, add ability to swap between characters without logging out and keep your NV.

I think the reason a lot of people find his NV idea attractive is because they want to feel like they are being commensurately rewarded for playing more during a given session, and right now the game really doesn't offer that.

As far as the criticism that the OP doesn't address the real problem which is the AH, he covers that in his post when he says the AH isn't going anywhere. These ideas seem to be based on the notion that Blizzard wouldn't want to implement changes that would be too deleterious to the AH revenue stream.
Edited by Cryogen#1749 on 7/24/2013 5:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

You could make it so that you retain your NV for a time after logging out.

This is an interesting idea...what if your stacks persisted for 24 hours? After that time, they began to expire...not all at once, but incrementally. It would give people a reason to log in almost every day to refresh their NV. Not too shabby.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 05:12 AMPosted by Akira
- Magic Find: I strongly disagree with this change. 500 elites to kill on MP1 to max MF. That's hilarious. I don't think there're ever 500 elites in the entire game all acts combined. What about HC players and casual gamers? Many HC players play on MP1 for safety reasons. Many casuals have poor gear and can hardly play on MP1 without dying. Your idea to remove one NV stack on death would make it even harder for casuals to see the light of the day. Your MF-system does only benefit those players with 400k+ DPS which can slice trough MP10 with ease. The richest getting richer and the poorest getting poorer. This would also *force* players to play very long game seasons for many hours to get the most out of MF. Another slap in the face for casuals. This is just an awful idea.

Now imagine what would happen if players got to keep their NV when loging out of the game.
Also, keep in mind that Paragon levels will be used in other ways than MF (stats, skill points, stuff like that), so there's no need to tie MF to PLvl.

- Crafting: Crafting is fine but it's no fun for me. It's actually very boring, but I agree that crafting helps people to progress. So it has right to exist. But introducing 82 more crafting materials, really? We already have 3 tradable craftings materials and DEs. That's more than enough. I would make more use of existing crafting materials than adding new ones. For instance, those purple legendary monsters could have a higher drop chance for demonic essences.

The crafting materials we have today are boring,we need more "themed" mats, stuff that's connected to the hunt : I had proposed mats to be associated to certains monsters, so that players can farm X or Y area to get X or Y material.

- The Mystic: I'm all for upgrading and enchating items. But you balanced it around those 5% billionaires in the game. 80mio gold for a tiny 0.5%cc upgrade, really? Wouldn't it be much better to make crafting/enchanting/upgrading available for everyone, including HC-players and casuals? I would change it to this: 0.5%cc upgrade for 10 brimstone, 100 DEs and 1mio gold. Those 10 brimstones will increase the value of legendary items in general. 100 DEs are the time-sink, so that billionaires and even item-flippers have to play the game in order to get them. And 1mio gold is affordable for everyone. Much better, isn't it?

I had the same reaction as you did at first, but don't forget you're paying 80M to go from 5% to 5,5%. If you're on the lower side of the affix it's A LOT cheaper and affordable. I personnaly like the fact that, the closer you get to the affix's maximum the more expensive it gets.
Also, 100 DE's is WAY too much in regard to the drop rate we have today. Don't forget DE's are used for other crafts already, they are very much needed.
We're discussing numbers here, and that's absolutely pointless, but the fact is that there needs to be a balance between BoA mats (time sink) and tradeable mats. Too much time sink is also boring (hello dumb gem crafting system that's still not fixed).
Reply Quote
why this topic isnt sticked at top of page 1?
Reply Quote

Now imagine what would happen if players got to keep their NV when loging out of the game.
Also, keep in mind that Paragon levels will be used in other ways than MF (stats, skill points, stuff like that), so there's no need to tie MF to PLvl.

As an additional thought, maybe the only thing those NV stacks should have an effect on are bosses themselves? Something you build up towards a boss and then lose right after you kill them greatly upping their chances to drop legendary items? Kill elites (MF still has an effect) to gain stacks (which only have an effect on bosses). Logging out keeps your stacks. People with little time to play can still build up towards the drops, and people with lots of time still try to get as many stacks as possible before a boss. Someone else has mentioned a concept like this and it was pretty fascinating.

The crafting materials we have today are boring,we need more "themed" mats, stuff that's connected to the hunt : I had proposed mats to be associated to certains monsters, so that players can farm X or Y area to get X or Y material.

We'd still have to explore ways for these mats to not be just readily farmable (mostly for botting reasons). If the purple mobs that dropped them were spread out more and a lot more random similar to Treasure Goblins people could still go out searching for them within an act, but bots would have a little harder time tracking them down.

I had the same reaction as you did at first, but don't forget you're paying 80M to go from 5% to 5,5%. If you're on the lower side of the affix it's A LOT cheaper and affordable. I personnaly like the fact that, the closer you get to the affix's maximum the more expensive it gets.
Also, 100 DE's is WAY too much in regard to the drop rate we have today. Don't forget DE's are used for other crafts already, they are very much needed.
We're discussing numbers here, and that's absolutely pointless, but the fact is that there needs to be a balance between BoA mats (time sink) and tradeable mats. Too much time sink is also boring (hello dumb gem crafting system that's still not fixed).

Yeah the idea was for the new brimstones to be trade-able, and the other mats collected through killing to be BOA. I agree though the balance would have to be fine tuned and tested.
Edited by Monstrous#1404 on 7/24/2013 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]