Diablo® III

Loot 2.0, discovering its true potential.

I have not played Diablo 3 in over a year, I just check the forums from time to time. I read your post from top to bottom. If half of what you suggest is implemented in the game, I would start playing again, along with the half a dozen or so people I have linked it to so far as well.

But knowing this dev team, this will be exactly like the Gosu writeup. Have a few cm's pat you on the back saying Well Done! and We're Listening! and that's as far as it goes.

Edit: With as much potential as you demonstrate for excellent gameplay ideas, I really hope you are directly involved in this industry somewhere.
Edited by Demonpriest#1466 on 8/17/2013 6:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Something I loved about Diablo 2 was that there were so many types of loot you could be happy with.

Runes. These things were pretty fun to collect. Finding one of the rare ones was something amazing.

White items with sockets could actually be worth quite a decent amount. This of course was because of the runes. But the point is, even a white item could make you feel joyous when you found it.

Gambling is another thing. I know we have crafting, and that's great. But there was something special about spending hours collecting up your gold and just spamming the vendor for that amazing piece of loot.

Charms are my most missed thing. These, in my opinion would add even just a little more flavour too the game.

Uniques were awesome finds. Gull was a very low level unique; and this bad boy could be used at level 99. I miss having items that actually work at any level.

Etheral items were also pretty damn cool. Whether you made a special runeword for yourself or used Eth items on your mercs, they came in handy.

In Diablo 3, the only items that really give you that good feeling, are Legendaries, or extremely well rolled rares. That is it. In Diablo 2, White Items, Etheral Items, Runes, Charms, Rares and Uniques ALL could have the potential to make you get that buzz. What this means is, almost 99% of drops in Diablo 3 you don't even care to pick up and there is no 'buzz'. In Diablo 2, 80% of the stuff that drops is worth checking out just in case.
Reply Quote
PLEASE BLIZZARD PLEASE@!!!!!
Reply Quote
if u dont see a dev respond to a suggestion ( a very good one if i might add) then chances are it is being overlooked and the cm response is just for PR purposes ....

what really gets under my nerves is that the devs claim they want constructive suggestions (and how can this thread be anything but constructive) so they want to work together with the community, but how can that happen when it is really one sided, and i just want to add ever since Jay Wilson got replaced by Josh there has been no immediate overhaul and nothing has changed except all the promotion to the d3 console and t-shirts. It is really about the $$$ and milking it out of players, eh?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
if u dont see a dev respond to a suggestion ( a very good one if i might add) then chances are it is being overlooked and the cm response is just for PR purposes ....

what really gets under my nerves is that the devs claim they want constructive suggestions (and how can this thread be anything but constructive) so they want to work together with the community, but how can that happen when it is really one sided, and i just want to add ever since Jay Wilson got replaced by Josh there has been no immediate overhaul and nothing has changed except all the promotion to the d3 console and t-shirts. It is really about the $$$ and milking it out of players, eh?

Just because a developer doesn't personally respond to a suggestion doesn't really mean it's been overlooked. Community Managers pass on these types of suggestions from the community to the developers quite regularly.

There have been many good posts from fans across many sites describing how they'd like the game to be improved. Hopefully the reason that they've been so quiet lately is because they've taken some of these ideas and implemented them in some way and are just waiting for the right time to reveal them, that time being Gamescom and BlizzCon.

Just because a developer doesn't personally respond to a suggestion doesn't really mean it's been overlooked. Community Managers pass on these types of suggestions from the community to the developers quite regularly.

There have been many good posts from fans across many sites describing how they'd like the game to be improved. Hopefully the reason that they've been so quiet lately is because they've taken some of these ideas and implemented them in some way and are just waiting for the right time to reveal them, that time being Gamescom and BlizzCon.

I have to disagree, when I personally see a dev respond to players it adds optimism to the community which does not happen too often, the only time I can recall is Travis Day and it is something that at the moment is really lacking in diablo 3.

I understand the CM's role, but going through what you said, I dont take what the CM's response too seriously because they are not involved in making decision but relaying information (community-dev and vice versa). So the problem is that we dont know what the devs are thinking amd that is the problem. There is no explanation and all we get (most of the time) is that it is a policy in Blizzard to keep information hushed (and i think most of this problem is attributed to Jay Wilson bc people did not forget his ETA where it continuously got extended like pvp).

The relationship where one party does not extend a hand to the other is not a transparent collaboration, but just mere lip service. And that is a fact when you look at the historical trajectory.
Reply Quote
Anyone at Blizzard who sees this post should hire the person who created these ideas and implement them as soon as humanly possible. I just hope Blizzard doesn't go the route they did with WoW and the fixes for it for it also known as the wait for the expansion to fix all the original problems method.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
08/17/2013 04:17 PMPosted by sojuu
I have to disagree, when I personally see a dev respond to players it adds optimism to the community which does not happen too often, the only time I can recall is Travis Day and it is something that at the moment is really lacking in diablo 3.

You need to understand also that the CMs try not to jump into a thread without a very good reason since more often than not it causes the thread to derail from player expectations that the idea will be implemented since Blizzard "liked it". All threads are read, and the really good ones have little chance of being missed with both the CMs and MVPs reading the fora. This thread for example had already been flagged by the CMs well in its infancy, and when it got near its cap I asked Lylirra that the cap be lifted and extended so more players could give their input and ideas.

We see the posts. And sometimes even a post that looks "bad" to some players is still considered by the CMs and MVPs because there are good ideas and thoughts in there that stand on their own merit from a neutral viewpoint. If a thread's contents have merit, they're given consideration even if they aren't acknowledged by a CM.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Here's a random idea. I have no idea if it is a good one or not.

According to the lore of the series, Nephelem are the product of Demon and Angel. What happens if we add to the game a set of items that have a "Holy" or "Unholy" characteristic, reversable, that affect how your skills work?

For example, You would have a Set, let's call it "The 7 Deadly Sins" with 7 items corresponding to one of the Evils. Each item carries the taint of Evil, with a corresponding cosmetic change. Let's say that the closer you come to completing the set, the more tainted with Evil you become. Your stats would shift slightly with every item, emphasizing say, immense power over self preservation, or higher critical hits at the expense of resource regeneration. A tradeoff.

On the other hand, you have another Set inspired by the Angeris Council, call it "Heaven's High Glory" or some such. Again, every item adds to a cosmetic difference and stat change emphasizing one stat at the expense of others. Perhaps your resources renew faster at the expense of speed, whatever.

This could also set the stage for interesting PVP play. Players could adopt a side and fight for it in PVP and have the results of the Eternal Conflict have an impact over the game proper. Has Evil won more often this month? Monsters get a buff of some kind, evil items get a boost. Has Good pushed back the tide of darkness? More health globes populate and you get a boost to speed or something.

I'd love to see a tangible impact of the Eternal Conflict in the items I equip. It may be a pipe dream, and I'm 100% sure there are aspects I have not seen to this idea, but I think it could be fun.

What do you folks think?
Reply Quote
Posting to show support for these ideas.
Reply Quote
2 cms responded and thats it . I feel really srry for op who spend so much time to write down all those great ideas

Disgusting how blizzard holds back all the content just for the expansion
Reply Quote
After all the "hoo ha" about loot, one would think taking a page from the most successful game from the franchise would be a great idea....just saying...it's not hard. D2:LoD was a awesome game, i don't know or whose crazy idea was it to make D3 something different *cough more like WoW*.

Step1: Take D2:LoD and give it D3 graphics.

Step2: Sit back and see which game would be played more, D2 or D3. I know which one my money is on.
Reply Quote
If you could upgrade gear, you could just grind for gold and upgrade your gear. I don't think Blizzard wants to incentivize you away from the RMAH.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
2 cms responded and thats it . I feel really srry for op who spend so much time to write down all those great ideas

Disgusting how blizzard holds back all the content just for the expansion

I made the post not only for Blizzard to look at, but more importantly for fans of the series to see what potential Diablo III has and to constructively discuss what we'd like to see changed.
Great post, hope to see some of this stuff in Loot 2.0
Reply Quote
This is a really good idea, and I love everything about this post.

Please implement these brand new ideas, they are definitely better than the original ways of MFing and finding legendaries
Reply Quote
I'd play that mod.. oh wait
Reply Quote
I had a really cool idea today, could put a vampiric set where his power, whatever, increased as his life was lost (like a beast)
Reply Quote
could put bigger enemies, that should be killed for parts, or put climatic conditions that alter slightly the mechanics of the game, or combinations of skills to influence the gameplay Group
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]