Diablo® III

SoJ: Which skill bonus to get?

Hello. I've recently decided that I'm going to switch from a HotA / Rend build to a HotA / WW one, and replace my Skorn with an Echoing Fury + Rare Mace combo. Of course, I know the Fear on the Echoing Fury means that I have to get a Stone of Jordan with cold damage. My question is, which skill bonus should I shoot for - reduced HotA cost, or increased Whirlwind Critical Hit Chance?

I'm looking for experienced dual-wield HotA / WW Barbs who could help answer this question for me. Ignore the gear on my profile; I'm currently in the process of organizing a giveaway, and the items you'll see there are not those which I normally use. Thanks!
Reply Quote
If you have the gold (billions), a cold HOTA soj with 15 fury and high elite dmg bous would be best. But that's expensive.

If your budget is smaller but still high you would then opt for 6/30/15 cold ww cc soj. This will still be hundreds of millions.

If your budget is that of mortals you should just get 6/15/30 cold with any skill bonus. Perhaps rend reduction or overpower.

I personally have 2 soj's. One cold ww soj (low cc to ww but I don't care). The other is -4 HOTA fire damage. I just use them for different situations.
Reply Quote
i bought

I personally have 2 soj's. One cold ww soj (low cc to ww but I don't care). The other is -4 HOTA fire damage. I just use them for different situations.

yep, got the one on me for good ole trash farming.

if i do ubers, or something fancy i go to a 5%noncold-dmg 28elitedmg -4hota one which i recently got for like 30-40m, theyre cheap out there sometimes, but hard to find
Reply Quote
Thanks for the breakdown, HighLife. I'm not quite sure how much of my budget I want to dedicate toward the SoJ just yet, but it's helpful to see all the information laid out like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]