Diablo® III

Hardcore

Sorry if this has been asked already, do we know if hardcore will be the same on console - when you die that's it, start again. I hope it is otherwise it is not really hardcore.
Reply Quote
It will
Reply Quote
Do you have a link confirming this? Had a look but I can't find anything.
Reply Quote
What else would it be?
Reply Quote
I've seen a few people saying it wont be perm death for console, it will have consequences but you can come back to life, just want a blue post or link to say otherwise.
Reply Quote
Why believe them, but not us?

Anyway, hardcore will be permanent death, just like on the PC. I know that because someone brought up the point that if people can save their hardcore characters to the USB stick they'll just reload if the character dies, and the Blizzard rep said there's nothing they can really do about that. He would not have responded that way if hardcore death wasn't permanent (or at least, as permanent as they were able to make it).
Reply Quote
Ah ok well that's good to know, I hope they find a way to stop people using the usb method with some sort of server / file check but not getting my hopes up on that one.
Reply Quote
That would just put us back in the "always online" requirement, and we saw how well that went over on the PC.

Fortunately, Diablo has always had a pretty cool Hardcore community and I don't think you'll find too many people abusing this fact, except maybe if there are some Hardcore-only achievements.

Plus, if you're playing Hardcore and reloading old saves when you die, that's basically the definition of Softcore, with some extra hassle added in.
Reply Quote
See I was all for the always online thing and this backs it up even more. Either way its early days so we will just have to see what happens. Still really excited to play on console with friends who don't have a pc for various reasons.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/22/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Brackenwall
Sorry if this has been asked already, do we know if hardcore will be the same on console - when you die that's it, start again. I hope it is otherwise it is not really hardcore.

The console version of Hardcore mode will behave just like the pc version, and death will be permanent.

07/22/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Brackenwall
I've seen a few people saying it wont be perm death for console, it will have consequences but you can come back to life, just want a blue post or link to say otherwise.

The game is not designed to do this by default, and it would require some manipulation to ensure a "safety net" for a hardcore character.
Reply Quote
07/23/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Grimiku
The console version of Hardcore mode will behave just like the pc version, and death will be permanent.

even if i have a backup file(save data)?
Edited by Enigma#1917 on 7/24/2013 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Enigma

even if i have a backup file(save data)?

Having a backup file is what he's referring to when he says

The game is not designed to do this by default, and it would require some manipulation to ensure a "safety net" for a hardcore character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]