Diablo® III

I'm at a loss...mechanics expert needed.

So this is the thing. I recently switched out my marq emerald with a marq ruby in my EF. I gained Tdps-sustain, however, although I'm unable to provide any supporting data it appeared that my fury gen dropped off considerably. My first impression was "WOW--THIS IS GREAT" as the added tdps/sustain was a definite bonus.....but then I started noticing that my fury gen just wasn't working as well as it previously had. For example, I typically have a much tougher time dumping fury rather than generating it and as I enjoy perma-wrath (who doesn't right?) my ability to maintain PW was demonstrably lowered.

So in a nutshell, is there any correlation between quantity of CD and fury gen?
I understand the mechanics of Crit Chance, and if you view my barb, you'll see that he has plenty especially considering the ticks I get.

To add fuel to the fire, I switched my EF back over to an emerald and did a desolate sand/vota run...the difference in fury gen was IMMEDIATELY noticeable and there I was having to spam fury burners again.

Please, save the trolling for the "look at me" threads....this is something that could potentially impact players/game----HELP A BROTHER OUT AND GET THOSE BIG BRAINS COOKING.

Peace.
Reply Quote
View profile
I dont think so :)

Id say RNG, try it for a few days and see, some runs I dont generate fury hardly at all, and some I have an abundance of it. Especially coop games are really sporadic, perhaps due to server lag or something?
Reply Quote
I dont think so :)

Id say RNG, try it for a few days and see, some runs I dont generate fury hardly at all, and some I have an abundance of it. Especially coop games are really sporadic, perhaps due to server lag or something?

Those were my exact thoughts RK and that's why I ran it over multiple days and logged dozens and dozens of runs. Solo..Party...Pubs....acts 1-2-3...ubers...the whole shebang. Slapped the emerald back in and BAM!!!---crazy fury gen.

Anyone else notice this at all?
Reply Quote
Sorry Bloody, I've swapped gems a fair bit and have never noticed. Like RK, my fury regen (or lack thereof) often seems to be associated with latency/server lag and, of course, skill (or lack thereof :P).
Reply Quote
Actually, I just noticed you said it was in your EF. I've never wielded EF MH (beyond testing) so I wonder if it has something to do with an EF mechanic? Try using a rare MH and doing the same tests.
Reply Quote
It's all in your head. I use EF in my main hand with ruby and there is absolutely no difference in fury. You just had a bad luck streak. It happens.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 05:58 PMPosted by abend
Actually, I just noticed you said it was in your EF. I've never wielded EF MH (beyond testing) so I wonder if it has something to do with an EF mechanic? Try using a rare MH and doing the same tests.

Going with a rare would change my fury gen regardless of gem....but the question still begs---would there be a noticeable difference between the reduced gen over the 2 gems?

Think I'll give that a spin.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 06:36 PMPosted by BigBaller
It's all in your head. I use EF in my main hand with ruby and there is absolutely no difference in fury. You just had a bad luck streak. It happens.

I really hope that is the case BB....what Abend mentioned about a possible EF mechanic is nagging at me though. If my problem isn't resolved by the next Pub test realm, then I'd sure appreciate a pro taking my stuff for a spin and seeing if there's a difference.
Reply Quote
Going with a rare would change my fury gen regardless of gem....but the question still begs---would there be a noticeable difference between the reduced gen over the 2 gems?

Think I'll give that a spin.

Yeah, you want to compare the gems relative to each other using a different MH (axe/mace obviously). And use a map with the least RNG to test - VotA comes to mind. TBH tho, I can't think of anything that could be causing this. Like RK, I've had days in D3 where fury regen feels very different to normal and I attribute that more to lag/latency than anything. That's as much as my little brain can offer you - good luck sorting it out.
Reply Quote
I've had it at times where the network msec is still fairly low but game play is a little sluggish. When I have a game like this I get troubles with fury sometimes. Weird thing is I can keep rejoining games until the speed seems better and have a better game. Hasn't been like that for a while now.

Aside from that I just swapped my MH from emerald to ruby to try so if I notice anything I'll post back.
Reply Quote
What MP? (the following is assuming you are on less than 10)

This happened to me when I first changed to Ruby when I discovered that a Ruby increased my Sheet and tDPS and hDPS and rDPS by about 10 percent. What was actually occurring was things where dying faster than my crits could proc enough fury to sustain. I upped my MP level and haven't had a problem since.

The difference is that unlike Emerald, Ruby doesn't rely on RNG, if it damages, your Ruby will always do damage.

If you are on MP 10, then I don't have a clue!
Reply Quote
I gotta try a few more runs at it. I'm doing a time to kill Ghom test with a ruby vs. emerald on MP10. No kiting involved. Just full out attack no delays. It's strange because I have actually found fury harder to generate with a ruby but this shouldn't be. Besides that, it was 20 seconds faster to kill Ghom with an emerald.
Reply Quote
Maybe with higher tdps whites are dying a bit faster missing a few tornado ticks?
Reply Quote
Ran Ghom about 6 more times and it varies.. pretty much a wash for me. The emerald in weapons is very a very small percentage faster killing Ghom in a timed test for my current build. The fury generation is around the same.

But! Like I was mentioning above I had points that I could hardly keep fury up and then around that same time I got a slight disconnect and rubber banding then resumed and had not issues generating fury. Internet lag is what I think it is.
Reply Quote
What MP? (the following is assuming you are on less than 10)

This happened to me when I first changed to Ruby when I discovered that a Ruby increased my Sheet and tDPS and hDPS and rDPS by about 10 percent. What was actually occurring was things where dying faster than my crits could proc enough fury to sustain. I upped my MP level and haven't had a problem since.

The difference is that unlike Emerald, Ruby doesn't rely on RNG, if it damages, your Ruby will always do damage.

If you are on MP 10, then I don't have a clue!

Yes, it's MP10 and I'm scratching my head because I just did heavy farming with an emerald and had ZERO problems...pretty sure it isn't the lag as I lagged plenty with the emerald but didn't have the same experience as when using the ruby.
Reply Quote
07/24/2013 09:26 PMPosted by Llama
Maybe with higher tdps whites are dying a bit faster missing a few tornado ticks?

In game, with the ruby equipped, stuff is dying faster without a doubt. But even against bada$$ elites (ubers too) there's a noticeable decrease in gen. Had a semi-decent mace drop tonight while farming so will begin experimenting soon.
Reply Quote
OK.

Switched back over to ruby today....and my gen was just fine. I'm not gonna torture myself with trying to determine the exact cause of my original observation---if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks for the responses gents...appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]