Diablo® III

Content Content Content!!!

Charging through the world of Sanctuary desperately hoping for a good drop of loot or a haul of gold can get extremely tedious the after six or seven dozen times. Some of the extra dungeons and side quests are fun... BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS THE SAME! What you need to do to keep the game more interesting isn't just to focus on character building and itemization, we need more quests to complete and areas to explore. You should be adding more with every patch.
Reply Quote
Anyone have any suggestions for bonus dungeons and side quests designs?
Reply Quote
Hey it is not an mmo, after a year if you done , then your done. I never read on the box we were supposed to play d3 for a decade. You got you're 60.00 worth. Why should Blizzard keep adding more free content after people have played out the game. Go buy another game for 60.00 and see how many months it gives you.
Reply Quote
I agree. For example, Diablo 2's patches often came out with new runewords. As for new maps/quests I'm not sure because even Diablo 2 didn't do that (with the exception of the expansion, which I'd assume they'd follow a similar process for Diablo 3's exp.)
Reply Quote
Agreed. Technically, DeadRu is right though, but considering the fact this game is so small and linear compared to D2 (and most certainly for a game published in 2012!), and most of the dungeons are so small to begin with, it wouldn't hurt adding several layers of some truely random stuff.

Got an idea, but haven't fully worked it out yet. Blizz did mention they at least tried the endless dungeon concept (and said they didn't like it.. which I agree with by the way because, in my opinion, it would get very repitive very fast).

Maybe they're willing to try something else: secret underground pathways connecting existing dungeons.. with a surprise or two... maybe even without the need to create new tiles or textures. or at least not much.

More on this later...

Edit: did f-up some copy-paste actions...
Edited by Sjippie#1970 on 7/25/2013 5:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/24/2013 07:35 PMPosted by JRChadwick
Charging through the world of Sanctuary desperately hoping for a good drop of loot or a haul of gold can get extremely tedious the after six or seven dozen times. Some of the extra dungeons and side quests are fun... BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS THE SAME! What you need to do to keep the game more interesting isn't just to focus on character building and itemization, we need more quests to complete and areas to explore. You should be adding more with every patch.

We agree. We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system), better itemization with what Josh has temporarily named “loot 2.0” (targeted items, competitive legendaries, transmogrification, and other options provided via the Mystic), and more choices when deciding what you want to go do in game (for example, endless dungeons) in Diablo III's future. There's even more that we're not ready to talk about just yet, but we're not just idly sitting by. If you haven’t already, you may want to check out some of the recent interviews our developers have had with fan sites. There’s a round-up available here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10471971/
Reply Quote
I never read on the box we were supposed to play d3 for a decade.

This is true but,

I never read on the box a disclaimer saying hey we took away a lot of features we advertised at 2011 Blizzcon either

07/26/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Grimiku
and other options provided via the Mystic

Although by itself will not make D3 golden but it is a huge factor. I think the devs taking out the Mystic was the biggest mistake they made. I really hope they make her fully functional.
Reply Quote

We agree. We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system), better itemization with what Josh has temporarily named “loot 2.0” (targeted items, competitive legendaries, transmogrification, and other options provided via the Mystic), and more choices when deciding what you want to go do in game (for example, endless dungeons) in Diablo III's future. There's even more that we're not ready to talk about just yet, but we're not just idly sitting by. If you haven’t already, you may want to check out some of the recent interviews our developers have had with fan sites. There’s a round-up available here:

A good start would be to allow events from specific locations to spawn in other locations if those events/dungeons did not spawn. Make events not bound to a single location. Do like Act 2. Many dungeons or events can spawn in multiple maps.

If people are always doing a certain map, they might see more variety of event.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see periodic additions to content in terms of areas/dungeons as well. It doesn't even have to interfere with the storyline....just extra places to go.

And if they wanted a small monthly fee to pay people to develop these things continuously, I might not mind that either provided it is reasonable.

Basically, it'd be great if the end-game continually expanded....like an mmo.

I don't know how people played D2 for years. I certainly played it, stopped, and came back occasionally. But there's really only so much to keep one's interest without the promise of new content.
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Garthandal

We agree. We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system), better itemization with what Josh has temporarily named “loot 2.0” (targeted items, competitive legendaries, transmogrification, and other options provided via the Mystic), and more choices when deciding what you want to go do in game (for example, endless dungeons) in Diablo III's future. There's even more that we're not ready to talk about just yet, but we're not just idly sitting by. If you haven’t already, you may want to check out some of the recent interviews our developers have had with fan sites.
One question: are these expansion things or patch updates?

You know the answer to that question. Anything "content" related such as something substantially new will probably involve an expansion, as in character models, character voices, UI changes, etc. probably means you're paying for it.

Improvements, item additions/changes, stat tuning, or other "adjustments" I see coming as a patch. Anything where the game isn't "growing" just "maturing". Not to say a maturing game isn't a good thing, paragon levels/hellfire rings are what brought me back into the game after a long siesta.
Reply Quote

We agree. We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system), better itemization with what Josh has temporarily named “loot 2.0” (targeted items, competitive legendaries, transmogrification, and other options provided via the Mystic), and more choices when deciding what you want to go do in game (for example, endless dungeons) in Diablo III's future. ...

Hey, no intention to be negative here, but if the guy said "itemization isn't enough" and you answer "more itemization is coming", you're not quite agreeing.

I'm glad to know you're working on content (endless dungeons), but the team's focus still seems to be on items and farming. Personally, I can't stand farming just for the sake of farming and getting optimal at farming. Diablo III has a severe lack of content. Story is too short, gameplay is to narrow. We need things to do! I'm sorry but I couldn't make myself play the game a whole second time after finishing it on Normal.
Edited by TcheQuevara#1163 on 7/26/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We agree. We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system)

Skill tree with points (that are permanent) per point of paragon level... I can't be the first person to think of this. We've been begging for a skill tree forever. C'mon brah.. hook us up.
Edited by BBopMcJiggy#1307 on 7/26/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I suggest different types of challenges also for people who are maybe not super geared but got skills..
IE : type of encounters that have "puzzle" types, or that have strategy type.. or racing through a labyrinth vs other players.... etc...
Reply Quote
07/26/2013 11:37 AMPosted by nekkra
Although by itself will not make D3 golden but it is a huge factor. I think the devs taking out the Mystic was the biggest mistake they made. I really hope they make her fully functional.

Yeah because adding more of the same tired affixes everyone already uses to your items will make the game more fun.
Reply Quote
There's even more that we're not ready to talk about just yet

Well, that's nice to not hear about.

Joking aside,

We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system), better itemization with what Josh has temporarily named “loot 2.0” (targeted items, competitive legendaries, transmogrification, and other options provided via the Mystic), and more choices when deciding what you want to go do in game (for example, endless dungeons) in Diablo III's future.

These all sound great. I hope something happens sooner than later.
Edited by adm0ni#1887 on 7/26/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why not just release stuff from the beta? That 2.0 loot thing is nice but why not just go with the content that was in the beta that you guys came up with?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]