Diablo® III

Content Content Content!!!

07/26/2013 12:16 PMPosted by BBopMcJiggy
Skill tree with points (that are permanent) per point of paragon level... I can't be the first person to think of this. We've been begging for a skill tree forever. C'mon brah.. hook us up.

You know what, I think you are the first person to think of at least 15 year old game mechanic. Tell me more of these skill trees you speak of...

:)
Reply Quote
Yeah the current game issue is that we actually run out of things to do. What's there to do once you steam roll MP10, beat 9/10 pub players in brawling, and reached high paragon levels. There really isn't anything left to do after that point. Most of my friends quit the game after that. TBH it only took everyone a few months to reach that point. We felt that a game life of a couple months isn't quite Blizzard standard.
Edited by GGyouLOSE#1689 on 7/26/2013 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
People keep reiterating these threads over and over again. They keep being met by the same old recycled mod posts over and over again. I have nothing against Grimiku or other mods. They are just doing their job. But this !@#$ gets old, the only way to make them listen is to stop posting on the forums, stop playing this trashbag of an arpg, don't buy the x pack (which I'm sure will include LOOT 2.0)! And go play something else worth your attention, it is the ONLY way to make them give a flying %^-* or be more assertive with letting us know whats going on behind the scenes. Blizzard has always been this cloak and dagger, PR, "damage control" company when it comes to communication with their gamers, frankly I'm just bored and sick of it.

When Blizzard north shut down and Jay Wilson or whoever took over leadership of this title, I think they made the mistake of developing a game they thought everyone could play and make them the most money. Instead of making a game, THEY wanted to play and they were passionate about. I don't think it will change. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

So basically, stop giving a !@#$, so they might start to.
Edited by Torqbow#1421 on 7/26/2013 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Can you guys simply do something about the skills instead of just more options?

Who the heck uses seismic slam? There's so many useless skills and runes in this game. Reduce the cd on rain of vengeance. Do something.

If the game had actually more fun and usable skills it wouldn't be so bad.
Reply Quote
We agree. We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system)

Skill tree with points (that are permanent) per point of paragon level... I can't be the first person to think of this. We've been begging for a skill tree forever. C'mon brah.. hook us up.

Yes please!

We just burn through all the DH or Baba content way to quick..

Give us a reason to create new characters and build them... Like in D2 (doesn't have to be a tree, just some form of permanence in our character builds)

Would add 1000 of hours of gameplay with each class and give us the control of the progression in our builds...
Its much more fun to build a class when you have to decide somethings through the levels..

This preset skill and stat system is so boring to level through and gives us no reason to build two of the same class...

What if you hadn't made the Paragon?

When you have done that the items will also be much more easy to spread out, because of all the specialized builds :)

Imo all the problems in this game comes from the preset skill system...
Edited by Psychonaut#2909 on 7/26/2013 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I never read on the box we were supposed to play d3 for a decade

I would argue that every person or company would love for any or all of there games to never lose popularity. and while we're on the topic within the spectrum of electronic roleplaying games, Blizzard was thought of as one of the few pioneers.

Warcraft, WoW, Starcraft, Diablo 1 and 2 etc etc etc...... LEGITIMATELY created and then shattered the mold.

its all a matter of perspective.

if the company looks at the forum they will either see overall more inspiration or more hatred.

its up to them

they can either say lets make a game that will change the landscape

or they can just stay idle. so far they have chosen landscape changer over and over and over... and as a consequence became one of the most respected companies ever to even glance in the direction of a role-playing game at all, so you can see why the commotion on the forum

when i look at the forum i see endless see of feedback. I checked the wow forums. they are not even close to these. every thread ripping the game to shreds for all the stupid descisions?

and you have to pay 15 bucks a month!!!

15 bucks a month and you have millions of players. are you !@#$ing kidding me????

Diablo 3 on the other hand. free after putchase.... ..and everyone is quitting??

They should not be.
nobody figures that they should quit.
but they are.
All of my friends quit and virtually ALL of their friends quit also. and ive heard many many stories all the same.

It's heartbreaking.
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Monk
people move on after playing a video game

it happens
Reply Quote
Time to face facts; the "Diablo II" skill tree was a big disappointment. It offered very little true choice. Every kind of build I came up with on my own, despite sounding logical and clever, never worked through Nightmare difficulty. It's time to let go of the past. This is a different game. They worked hard on designing the current skill system and I understand the choices they made.

Let's be constructive, we need more maps. How about random side quests that are given by NPCs in town? One of the merchants, the other town characters, or even an artisan can give us a quest. It would be reminiscent of the past games, but not a reuse of a stagnant character build system.
Reply Quote
doesn't matter what blizzard trying to do with d3 , it will never be the same like diablo 2 ,,, never .... d2 is the best always
Reply Quote
We agree. We're looking at ways to implement additional character building (possibly through an expanded Paragon system), better itemization with what Josh has temporarily named “loot 2.0” (targeted items, competitive legendaries, transmogrification, and other options provided via the Mystic), and more choices when deciding what you want to go do in game (for example, endless dungeons) in Diablo III's future.

I wish i could see the launcher downloadig it already.

07/26/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Kageki
There's so many useless skills and runes in this game.

Or some are way too overpowered, that other ones seems so weak in comparison.
Reply Quote
expanded paragon system,people said this would happen,mainly people who made fun of some things,they called the paragon system before it happened,than after that and afer awhile they said that the game devs would do something else to paragon,this isn't wow,d2 players didnt want wow,or as they termed it little wow,when the game first game out they said every Tuesday the game would be out do to maint people said no,no it won't look at what happens Tuesday and many other days maint,and right now money prices of trying to get anything in ah, is crazy ,and people want the limit raised over 2 bill,why 2 bill plenty to pay for something virtual,as it is you cant get anything decent for under 400 mill,and not everyone buys gold,this is way out of hand.stop the greed,not much sells on ah,and stuff don't drop so I cant get better gear,and as far as expanding paragons,wow people said that would happen,were supposed to be d3,not d3wowsee,the end
Reply Quote
Thre is your Content. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10174614/new-diablo%C2%AE-iii-console-preorder-bonuses-and-exclusives-6-11-2013#best

Now sit and cry.
Reply Quote
JRChadwick
View profile

Time to face facts; the "Diablo II" skill tree was a big disappointment. It offered very little true choice. Every kind of build I came up with on my own, despite sounding logical and clever, never worked through Nightmare difficulty. It's time to let go of the past. This is a different game. They worked hard on designing the current skill system and I understand the choices they made.

Let's be constructive, we need more maps. How about random side quests that are given by NPCs in town? One of the merchants, the other town characters, or even an artisan can give us a quest. It would be reminiscent of the past games, but not a reuse of a stagnant character build system.

It doesn't have to be a "tree"...
But if they don't implement some form of character builds, D3 will just be a grindfest forever
Reply Quote
Here's an easy one, how about adding some type of bonus/drop for saving ALL of the thralls tethered to the Succubus demons in Act 3, or maybe have them reappear thanking you once she has been dispatched to ease their torment for "the things that she made me do". Or possibly a side quest to free more of there like somewhere else before the showdown with the Maiden of Lust.

I have other suggestions for the story line as I am sure others do. The community has some very creative folks out. Perhaps their should be a sticky where fans can post suggestions. That is a win-win scenario, Fans get to have input into THEIR game and Blizz gets some great ideas for FREE. Hard to argue with that Cost/performance (CPI) matrix!
Reply Quote
@Grimiku

Awesome, I still have hope In you guys that you will make diablo3 one of the top games ever. It has a lot of possibilities to be build up on and a lot of potential. Im a long time veteran of diablo games and only 28 years old. Im looking forward to the expansion pack for diablo3 because I remember how the expansion pack for diablo2 boosted the game overall and im hoping that it will do so the same for diablo3!
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 7/27/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Right now, the "End Game" consists of Uber Bosses, Keywardens, and .....oh wait, that's it.
The game right now might as well only consist of 4 different areas: Festering Woods, Fields of Misery, Dulghar Oasis, and The Stonefort. Dungeons and quests are ignored because there is no incentive to do them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]