Diablo® III

Marquise Ruby vs Emerald for Bells

Just wondering how much difference it makes and if it's worth it for someone with a limited budget. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Skorn = emerald.
DW .. I put a ruby in my 1205 95 os I feel it was the right choice at 1.51 aps prior to buffs.. its internal Aps plays a big part
Reply Quote
depends on your crit chance...not sure what the number is also since I have never been below 45 crit. but if you have low crit its emerald. high crit. Ruby
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
If 2h - Emerald
If 1h - Ruby in mainhand, Emerald in offhand

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
If 2h - Emerald
If 1h - Ruby in mainhand, Emerald in offhand

-Druin, the happy monk

You know this guy Bill Shakespeare once said "brevity is the soul of wit"
That's not me.. thats Bill Shakespeare.

07/17/2013 10:40 AMPosted by smokymkpot
depends on your crit chance...not sure what the number is also since I have never been below 45 crit. but if you have low crit its emerald. high crit. Ruby

This is only halfway true. It depends on your Crit chance.. your current Crit damage.. your IAS.. more importantly weapons IAS and weapon % damage as it boosts rubies.

What you are looking to do is answer a math problem we've all had. This couldn't be more directly a maximize the area with given 'x' feet for a perimeter.
AKA you're looking for the square.

There are times when even at 100% CC marquise ruby would still be better. If this doesn't make sense think about:

1 (original hit damage) + 4 (lets say you have 400% cdam w/o gem) ..
Take my calamity: 1174 dps -- with radiant ruby its 1514.
That is a 29% boost in total damage. The laymen's first thought would be well you get a 100% boost if you crit 100% of the time.. yes, but as stated before check the damage read out..
which is higher
1.29 x 5 (ruby) = 6.44
or 1 x 6 (radiant emerald bringing to 500%) = 6

Not to mention this is also using radiants as an ex. The difference between marquise ruby and radiant ruby is greater than marquise emerald and radiant emerald.

Many other factors to consider if you wanted to get it down exact but Druin's pretty much pinpointed it in a sentence
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
This is only halfway true. It depends on your Crit chance.. your current Crit damage.. your IAS.. more importantly weapons IAS and weapon % damage as it boosts rubies.

What you are looking to do is answer a math problem we've all had. This couldn't be more directly a maximize the area with given 'x' feet for a perimeter.
AKA you're looking for the square.

There are times when even at 100% CC marquise ruby would still be better. If this doesn't make sense think about:

1 (original hit damage) + 4 (lets say you have 400% cdam w/o gem) ..
Take my calamity: 1174 dps -- with radiant ruby its 1514.
That is a 29% boost in total damage. The laymen's first thought would be well you get a 100% boost if you crit 100% of the time.. yes, but as stated before check the damage read out..
which is higher
1.29 x 5 (ruby) = 6.44
or 1 x 6 (radiant emerald bringing to 500%) = 6

Not to mention this is also using radiants as an ex. The difference between marquise ruby and radiant ruby is greater than marquise emerald and radiant emerald.

Many other factors to consider if you wanted to get it down exact but Druin's pretty much pinpointed it in a sentence

tl;dr

trolololololol!!! ;D

<3
Reply Quote
Darth, your posts are getting a little Rii-diculous.
Reply Quote
07/17/2013 11:26 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Rii-diculous

OH, I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

:D
Reply Quote
07/17/2013 11:26 AMPosted by KimSulki84
Rii-diculous

o no he didn't!
Reply Quote
yo dawg i herd u liek low raynkz...

so i put some low in youre rankz
Reply Quote
yo dawg i herd u liek low raynkz...

so i put some low in youre rankz

ok.
Reply Quote
Why does the Ruby in the mainhand work better than the emerald for bells? I thought the higher dps wins out which is always the emerald. I am unaware of the dynamics here ... thanks in advance for explaining this.
Edited by Justice#1818 on 7/18/2013 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]