Diablo® III

I am a genious. Super easy fix to the comma dilemma

Or here's a tip

When trading gold make the person put up an obscure number.

If trading for 45M for example make them put up: 45000123

It's much easier to count and you won't lose track of the 0's.

Common sense goes a long way!
Reply Quote
What are you doing today little Jimmy?

"Comma farm'n"

The sad part is...you know we'd do it :D

Full of win as is the original post and a few others.

~Philoi.

PS:

I almost feel left out now, not using the AH, after reading this thread.
Reply Quote
Or here's a tip

When trading gold make the person put up an obscure number.

If trading for 45M for example make them put up: 45000123

It's much easier to count and you won't lose track of the 0's.

Common sense goes a long way!

it's not the point. the point is that it is a simple change and the fact that they haven't implemented yet is mind boggling. I can count the 0s easily but it's just not the point. they use commas in every other screen. the only place they are missing is when we are entering prices in trade and AH and this is just dumb.
Reply Quote
You sir are a Commadian. (Get it? Comedian? I'm hilarious! :P)
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
07/17/2013 10:49 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Make commas have a 50% drop rate chance from elite packs. Players then can use them in either the trade window or AH. Of course commas must be bound on account to encourage play time.
Ah, the rare and elusive comma!

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!
Reply Quote
AH HELL!
It got a blue post!
Cool.
Reply Quote
View profile
Make commas have a 50% drop rate chance from elite packs. Players then can use them in either the trade window or AH. Of course commas must be bound on account to encourage play time.

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

Cool, but kinda embarrassing that this was not fixed at launch...
Edited by Cerealkiller#1993 on 7/29/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

In other words- No, wait for the xpac and pay for changes that should already exist in D3 as it stands....
Reply Quote
Finishing commas and items is definitely something that they're looking into 1.5 years after release. Their iterative design process will lead to the perfect comma.
Reply Quote

definitely on our radar
something we would like to change
we don't have an ETA

It almost seems like you're just trolling us now, doesn't it? I don't think you mean to, but it seems you're kind of stuck. Honestly, there would be more respect for the team if you just came out and said "wait for the Expansion Pack."

Most rational people get that this isn't WoW - there's no subscription and you'd like to be paid for your work. I think a big weight would be lifted from the shoulders of both sides if you just set expectations accurately on commas, itemization, the Mystic, and the whole gamut of things that get tagged with the usual empty CM phrases. The longer you wait, and the less you say, the more out of whack expectations will be.

Step into the light.
Edited by Zuzax#1341 on 7/29/2013 8:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
definitely on our radar
something we would like to change
we don't have an ETA

It almost seems like you're just trolling us now, doesn't it? I don't think you mean to, but it seems you're kind of stuck. Honestly, there would be more respect for the team if you just came out and said "wait for the Expansion Pack."

Most rational people get that this isn't WoW - there's no subscription and you'd like to be paid for your work. I think a big weight would be lifted from the shoulders of both sides if you just set expectations accurately. The longer you wait, and the less you say, the more out of whack expectations will be.

Step into the light.

lol I was going to type up something very similar but I felt it would've came off quite harsh, so I refrained.
It annoys me when corporations pay messengers to lie to their customers, thinking we are all some 12 year olds who haven't experienced life or know how things work.. just come out with it already.. we won't get squat until we pay for it next year
Reply Quote
I wouldn't mind it, if they fixed a few other broken things, like the cursor, stupid pop-ups, protecting screen elements from being clicked on, the checkpoint system, etc. These have been complaints from day one.
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare

How many years need we to be hanging in there?
Reply Quote
What's so hard about counting zeros?
Reply Quote
it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization

Itemization changes coming soon? Don't think so.
Gold amounts at the RMAH are being changed tomorrow, so will we see these comma's then? If so, why not say it?
If not why would you dig up this thread just to give your usual
it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA
Reply Quote
Omg...I could see the QQ's now.

800 tries and nothing but semicolons, two right brackets and some tildes...I mean WHO EVEN USES TILDES?!?

OMFG I laughed so hard on this, bwahahaha!
Reply Quote
View profile

Whats the hurry?

Take another 2 or three years to research how to add a comma to the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]