Diablo® III

I am a genious. Super easy fix to the comma dilemma

I think Vaeflares comments do blizzard south proud, she represents them well.

fixed
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 08:40 PMPosted by OZH
Ah, the rare and elusive comma!

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

How many years need we to be hanging in there?

2+ So far.
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 09:14 PMPosted by BurningRope

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

Whats the hurry?

Take another 2 or three years to research how to add a comma to the game.

LOL this is truly pathetic.
Reply Quote
View profile
Am I the only one that noticed the OP misspelled "Genius"?
Reply Quote

Whats the hurry?

Take another 2 or three years to research how to add a comma to the game.

LOL this is truly pathetic.

Also very accurate. They've already sunk at LEAST 20,000 man hours and $100m just in the attempt to discover the comma.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/29/2013 09:27 PMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Am I the only one that noticed the OP misspelled "Genius"?

Nope. It's ireny.

lol......irenic indeed.
Reply Quote
Hmm. What would you pay for a comma? I think I'd pay anywhere from 1k-2k if it was a legit comma.
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we don't have an ETA
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Nishi
Finishing commas and items is definitely something that they're looking into 1.5 years after release. Their iterative design process will lead to the perfect comma.

This one cracked me up! It must be perfect in every aspect. It can not be "," - which appears to be a quick downward stroke. It must incorporate a "." and "," with the slight curve of a ")".

Although it does seem that they HAVE, infact, perfected the comma when you buy items off the gold AH. They have somehow failed to implement it into the REST of the trade and AH posts.

Though I don't, personally, have a problem with the lack of comma's. I can clearly see the lack of the comma - within monetary means - could possibly cause problems for others. Especially in this day and age when people can no longer think for themselves and must rely on technology to provide what is necessary to simulate thinking.

**equips flame-retardant gear**
Reply Quote
Make commas have a 50% drop rate chance from elite packs. Players then can use them in either the trade window or AH. Of course commas must be bound on account to encourage play time.

lol, because it takes a genius to think that we should use commas to make numbers easier to read. and it takes a lot of man power to make it happen.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile

Vaeflare, I sincerely mean no offense, but um...why is it so much of a problem to have commas in Diablo 3 when we have them in WoW? It's in the inventory screen, the AH, and even (annoyingly) in our floating combat text. This can't be that much of a conundrum that this can't be put in post-haste. I think a lot of players believe Blizzard has no interest in their in-game well being or safe trading when something like this is not in the game to make transactions less stressful and/or scam-ready.

You've got the commas in the listing amounts and the inventory gold field, but not the text fields and trade window. Why? I'm seriously trying to come up with an answer to that which doesn't involve me breaking down into maniacal laughter and curling up into a ball from the pain caused by said laughter.

o_O
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
OMG!!!

"a comma is something we'd like to add"????

like !@#$ing seriously Im so done with this company

I will never buy another blizzard product again, just %^-*ing ban me please.
Reply Quote
Make commas have a 50% drop rate chance from elite packs. Players then can use them in either the trade window or AH. Of course commas must be bound on account to encourage play time.

Your company should be embarrassed......honestly...COMMAS ARE ON YOUR RADAR? Seriously think about that sentence for a second and think of how much fail there is in it.....just wow....no idea how to put in commas.....takes over a year....can't figure out how to raise the gold cap.....to complicated..........
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 10:03 PMPosted by TheTias

Vaeflare, I sincerely mean no offense, but um...why is it so much of a problem to have commas in Diablo 3 when we have them in WoW? It's in the inventory screen, the AH, and even (annoyingly) in our floating combat text. This can't be that much of a conundrum that this can't be put in post-haste. I think a lot of players believe Blizzard has no interest in their in-game well being or safe trading when something like this is not in the game to make transactions less stressful and/or scam-ready.

You've got the commas in the listing amounts and the inventory gold field, but not the text fields and trade window. Why? I'm seriously trying to come up with an answer to that which doesn't involve me breaking down into maniacal laughter and curling up into a ball from the pain caused by said laughter.

o_O
Caution: This cookie bites back.

Its b/c Blizzard didn't make the game.....1000 Monkeys typing on a computer did....the monkeys are still typing eventually with infinite time they will fix it.
Reply Quote
wait on Blizzcon they will make a special announcement when it's coming
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 10:03 PMPosted by TheTias
. I think a lot of players believe Blizzard has no interest in their in-game well being

Yep you got that right, ingame gold goes down, all forced to use RMAH, clearly if it doesn't involve profit for Blizz then why bother? Adding a comma is not going to get them money so why bother.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]