Diablo® III

I am a genious. Super easy fix to the comma dilemma

Are you kidding? You want them to work on a solution for people who can't count their zeroes? If you have a problem with this, quit playing Diablo and go back to elementary school.

Edit: To all the people who actually think this is an issue

This is the main reason I don't do direct trades. People are less willing to trade with me for the conditions I set since I am literally afraid to trade with anyone in a chance that I'd be scammed so easily, even if I am paranoid and very observant.

Besides that, why is this people's argument? You are defending Blizzard because they won't put in something that is common knowledge, even if you are only pointing at people who think it's an issue. It's people like you who give Blizzard a reason to slack off with the small updates that will have a huge impact, even if only for morale.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 7/30/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just have he person add 1 2 3 4 5 6 at the and of the amount you're trading for.

for example you're trading an item for 60m 600m 6bil

60 + 123456
600 + 123456
6000+ 123456

yea the person giving gives an extra 123456 but it's definitely not a deal breaker.
Reply Quote
just have he person add 1 2 3 4 5 6 at the and of the amount you're trading for.

60 + 123456
600 + 123456
6000+ 123456

yea the person giving gives an extra 123456 but it's definitely not a deal breaker.

When you have to make up special protocols to count numbers during a transaction, you know you're working within a stupid system.

you're right, but it's a work around for that stupid system.
Reply Quote

60 + 123456
600 + 123456
6000+ 123456

First, I do 111222333 as my numbers, second you don't have to make them eat it. Just put up the difference in your trade box... The problem is having to do convoluted things in replace of simplistic things that shouldn't even be considered a feature and should have been added immediately. It's the most pathetic thing I've EVER seen. Not a single simplistic thing in this game gets fixed because they just can't fathom the possibility that something simple can create so much positivity. This is one of the main reasons people leave this game, not the comma deal, but all the small aspects that people ask for never get bothered with because THEY KNOW BEST and THEY KNOW WHAT WE WANT AS FUN!
Reply Quote
I think this is the best thing I've ever read on these forums, right down to the misspelling of the word "genius". Impeccable.
Reply Quote
07/29/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Make commas have a 50% drop rate chance from elite packs. Players then can use them in either the trade window or AH. Of course commas must be bound on account to encourage play time.
Ah, the rare and elusive comma!

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

Sure take your time. It's not like this idea has been suggested for over a year or anything. Patches have come and gone and no one can figure out how to add commas to the game?
Reply Quote
View profile

60 + 123456
600 + 123456
6000+ 123456

Or if the buyer is not willing to pay the extra you could do the opposite like:

Sure this way you lose a little but just consider it the price to make sure you dont get scammed. And its still less than the % they take out of the AH which is supposed to be the secure method but doesnt allow for sales over the cap.
Reply Quote
even fixing commas takes blizzard forever?

how pathetic

are you even trying to be a respectable company anymore or has activision told you guys its not a good business plan?
Reply Quote
Commas shouldn't be account bound.

Because it would be hilarious if someone was buying 5000000 gold worth of commas and typed in 50000000.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ah, the rare and elusive comma!

We agree that the lack of commas in both player trade windows and the Auction House is not ideal and that is can lead to some very bad experiences for players, and it's definitely on our radar as something we would like to change. We have concrete plans to do this (seriously), but we don't have an ETA on when we'll be implementing this change just yet. As it stands, it's something that is likely to coincide with other changes relating to the Auction House and itemization, so hang in there!

how hard can it possibly be??
Reply Quote
They should also make different tiers of commas.

Subtle Commas : Can only be used on numbers below 7 digits
Shimmering Commas: Can only be used on numbers below 10 digits
Exquisite Commas: Can be used on any number

EDIT:

Also add a new treasure goblin "The Grammar ___" that drops commas when you chase/kill it.

LMAO I can't believe that word is censored. I didn't know, really!!!! Forum suspension incoming. Please don't suspend me LOL
Edited by OhHellzNo#1945 on 7/30/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes you are a genius alright.
Reply Quote
If you're not using commas, you're gonna have a bad time.
Reply Quote
LOL @ OP

Honestly I have done the mislisting thing a few times, but I never took a loss...

There is this crazy tab hidden in plain view on your AH screen called

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "AUCTIONS". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It will show you how much you listed something for a few minutes prior to it actually showing u on the AH! Best part IT HAS THE COMMAS RIGHT THERE INCLUDED FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE! Oh Noes! No Wheys!

You don't have to click on all the cows to unlock it or anything, but I fear it may be a glitch that's remedied in a future patch so USE IT WHILE YOU CAN!

So for this reason I am unable to sympathize with the request for a "Comma Fix," as there are much more pressing issues with the game, and a fail-safe already exists in the auctions tab.
Reply Quote
comma, comma , comma , khameleon.

its all i got, great thread op and please someone implement this in game. its the little things in life that make a difference.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]