Diablo® III

Client Weird Error

View profile
Been running the same load of programs simultaneously for weeks at a time until last night, where my computer installed updates and rebooted by itself. Now my diablo client does this, see vid.

Program Not Responding keeps flickering in a fraction of a second.
http://youtu.be/NLj342ozPuI

Tried reinstalling, deleting Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment Program Data files but still no luck.

Any ideas?
Reply Quote
View profile
+vid captures the taskbar only since I run Diablo on windowed mode
+Diablo window keeps showing 'not responding' then disappear and reappears in an instant
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
It is fairly obvious that something in the update to your PC is affecting your ability to play. Have you tried selective startup mode to see if another software item is interfering? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications
Reply Quote
View profile
check the Event Viewer for anything that may be relevant

edit:
also you can always undo the update by using the restore point to go back before it.
Edited by Morogoth#1321 on 7/19/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Did a system restore but had no luck.
Did try troubleshooting which system services were faulty but still no luck

However, I did some tinkering with d3prefs.txt and also adjusted the video resolution -now it seem to work.
Reply Quote
View profile
There's no definite fix that I have found. If I reboot(rarely without being forced), exit client, or logout user, or shuffle through programs(alt-tab) this thing happens.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]