Diablo® III

D3 Offline mode?

if not a total offline mode, an option to play offline/online just like how they did it in D2..

so, to sum up my response in four words: "YES, PLEASE! D3 OFFLINE.."

D2 was OFFLINE, we didnt have to worry about the "online only:" as there wasnt any "online only", you COULD play online if you wanted to but the VAST majority of people played it to the end OFFLINE.

D2 had mods, fanmade maps, new MPQ's, new monsters and had a thriving mod community that Blizzard was well aware of and didnt mind at all

http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/

D3 has no new content, no maps, no mods, D3 is a failed CRPG.

Modded characters offline could NOT be taken online, I know because I used a few D2 modmaps like Ancestral Recall, Eastern Sun...oh and before you say anything?

Blizzard told me about the mod community back when D2 was still in current mode.

SO: Why cant D3 have an offline mode with toons that cant be taken online?.

I dont give a rats about the RMAH.

I dont want to play online 24/7.

I am sick to bloody death of lag, lag , more lag, disconnections, connection errors, maintenance, more maintenance, downtimes, rubberbanding, gold sellers, no Aussie servers, lag spikes galore...you lot gave me D3 for the WOW annual pass and since day one when I took one look at it and experienced the nightmare associated with the massive latency, turned it off.

Launch day? Was an unmitigated and inexcusable stuff up of Biblical proportions.

Blizzard sold this game and refused to provide us with a level of service commensurate with that experienced by its other customers. It still does.

Blizzard refuses to give us Aussie servers,

Blizzard has strung us along for years with vague promises of "we are looking at it" which is the same utter swill they threw at WOW for close to nine years.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5889450424?page=8#153

This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Note the date:

Edited by Arcagnion on 6/21/2012 9:24 PM PDT

and then this

Well the current situation is that nothing major is going to happen before the end of the year. Really wish I could just say 'Nothing is ever going to happen' but it’s not like that.

10/3/2012

The same promises, the same vague palmoffs, the same disinterest, the same excuses.

That last post was ten months ago..

Now they are releasing a console version offline with no RMAH when it appears that they either cant, or I more or less suspect WONT, give us an offline PC version with toons that cant be taken online.

If they can do one then they can do the other.

can't help but to quote this.. very well said, put tears in my eyes.. lol!
Reply Quote
btw, I found this site, it could be helpful:

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/blizzard-entertainment-diablo-3-offline-single-player-now-confirmed-for-ps3-ps4-what-about-pc#share

I signed... heck.. got nothing to lose..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
No RMAH
No gold AH

No reason to not give us an offline version of D3. Please dont tell me that the DRM online version stops hacks and botting...it doesnt. It never has.
Edited by Bretanus12#1482 on 9/18/2013 12:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No RMAH
No gold AH

No reason to not give us an offline version of D3. Please dont tell me that the DRM online version stops hacks and botting...it doesnt. It never has.

rmah and gold ah is being removed so using that as an arguement to say no to an offline mode is invalid

and also it being online DOES STOP MOST HACKS if it was offline like d2 is someone could hack their stats and be level 5 or 6 in offline with insanely high stats or be insta 60 then use C.E scripts or console or mods to spawn in gear and dont say cheat engine is bull i know a few online games that can be hacked with it for no clip nd such and if a games offline then yes its more then viable to use cheat engine to hack it with that being said if the game does go offline then

your OFFLINE CHARACTERS SHOULDN'T TRANSFER OVER TO ONLINE

need like 91k more signatures http://www.change.org/petitions/blizzard-entertainment-diablo-3-offline-single-player-now-confirmed-for-ps3-ps4-what-about-pc
Edited by Neft#1751 on 10/2/2013 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
started playing again since of the auction houses closing, still getting stutter lag from time to time,
I would love an offline mode, I want to play this game alone, why should I have to Play in a online always environment when Ive never Played with another person. ill start all new toons offline, just let us single player gamers get what we paid for, A fun single player game, that isnt so hard in the end we are forced to buddy up or just start an alt. ... or just move onto other games, I keep coming back because I want to play it, I want to have fun with it, and I can't believe this is still an issue.
Reply Quote
I understand where you are coming from Svenkil, but at the end of the day...

what you paid for is an online game - which was clearly labelled in small print on the back of the box which you purchased

I was always a single player in D2 - never even played on my local LAN with flatmates... while I think I would love to play this game offline, I think that the best we can hope for is a local server... and I think that is a long way coming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was always a single player in D2 - never even played on my local LAN with flatmates... while I think I would love to play this game offline, I think that the best we can hope for is a local server...it will never happen.

Fixed for accuracy.
Reply Quote
I dont think it will ever happen and quite frankly I am glad. I was one of the ones calling for an offline mode until the console version was released.

I love the console version, but I only play it off-line, because the people running around with modded weapons and duplicated gear, spoil my online gaming experience, one shotting everything in site.

I love playing the PC version online for the social aspect of it, and being able to get together ingame and on Skype, to enjoy a D3 session. I often play in public games as well, and although sometimes players are annoying, mostly it is a good experience. This would not be the case if players were running around with Azurewrath with 3 slots and marquise gems in each.

Also, for the people who say they would like to play HC on an offline mode to guard against DC, the temptation to save your game on a USB stick and reload it after a death is there. You might say that you would never do that. If that is the case, then you have the perfect answer in playing HC on SC and deleting your character and gear when you die. It all equates to the same thing.

So although I never thought I would be one to support no offline mode, here I am cheering it on.
Edited by Septimus#6445 on 10/6/2013 4:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
wtb offline only character sheets. would gladly pay for such a thing where once purchased the character slot(s) is only available for offline use. Not everyone can afford a console.. much less for just one game. I realize I purchased a game from a company that could give two sh00s about me but, at least, allow me to play when I internet goes out, move to disconnected location or on the go.

As for anyone supporting the lack of.. who cares how someone else dulls their experience? Who are you to blindside the community when it does more harm to some than good. While it may be 2013 and everyone is online.. that's just the problem. This is a trying day and age where some of us are having to cut expenses. We can't all afford all the frills we once could. It's still nice to have something to go back and enjoy in spare time, though.

I wanted this to be one of them. No fun allowed.
Reply Quote
wtb offline only character sheets. would gladly pay for such a thing where once purchased the character slot(s) is only available for offline use. Not everyone can afford a console.. much less for just one game. I realize I purchased a game from a company that could give two sh00s about me but, at least, allow me to play when I internet goes out, move to disconnected location or on the go.

As for anyone supporting the lack of.. who cares how someone else dulls their experience? Who are you to blindside the community when it does more harm to some than good. While it may be 2013 and everyone is online.. that's just the problem. This is a trying day and age where some of us are having to cut expenses. We can't all afford all the frills we once could. It's still nice to have something to go back and enjoy in spare time, though.

I wanted this to be one of them. No fun allowed.

I do feel your pain and know where you are coming from, but the fact is that once the code is out there and not stored on the server side, is is a free for all for the pirates and hackers, who can then bring it back to impact on the online game. It is a raw deal for the ones that only want to play offline though.
Reply Quote
As someone who hasn't embraced online gaming all that much, I must say that I've lately quite enjoyed co-op D3.

Of course, the wonderful range of players we have here has helped.

At this point in time, I'm quite happy to see D3 remain online and that Blizzard focus on improving the game content.
Reply Quote
Blizzard are too stubborn to give players what they need to experience this game as intended in Australia. There are 2 solutions, offline mode or Aus/NZ server. Neither will be implemented.

I log in now & again to see it here has been any improvement at all, I tried today & it was as expected, worse than last time I played. The game is just a jittery piece of crap now, it feels clunky like PoE due to its lag/latency.

I refuse to buy RoS until a month after it comes out, only if lag has been addressed and I don't mean addressed as in the same way it's been dealt with so far with tweaks in a patch. I require with solution above.
Edited by Meltdown#1314 on 10/14/2013 12:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bull!@#$ if theres no offline mode I want my money back
Reply Quote
Between ANZ server and offline mode, offline is by far the bigger evil simply because it will open the way for hacks, dupes and cheats.

So ANZ server is then the only real solution to the latency issue. But for whatever reason, Blizzard seems too stubborn to make it happen.

Even with the NBN, my latency still hits 200+ at times, only slightly better than ADSL2+.
Reply Quote
Normally I get around the 200ms mark as well but that'll come with occasional lag spikes depending on time of day.

I was playing PoE last night and have been using the Singapore server and was getting around 100ms latency. I went to change to the American servers to see the difference between PoE and D3 but noticed there was an Australian server. I tested the American server and it's about 200ms, much like D3. I then tried the Australian server and it floated between 10 and 12 ms. It was soooooooo much better.

For the love of mercy Blizzard, if you aren't going to make an offline client then please give us a server closer to here. If Grinding Gear Games can do it, surely you can too. Please! With a cherry on top!
Edited by Palathas#1812 on 10/21/2013 8:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Normally I get around the 200ms mark as well but that'll come with occasional lag spikes depending on time of day.

I was playing PoE last night and have been using the Singapore server and was getting around 100ms latency. I went to change to the American servers to see the difference between PoE and D3 but noticed there was an Australian server. I tested the American server and it's about 200ms, much like D3. I then tried the Australian server and it floated between 10 and 12 ms. It was soooooooo much better.

For the love of mercy Blizzard, if you aren't going to make an offline client then please give us a server closer to here. If Grinding Gear Games can do it, surely you can too. Please! With a cherry on top!

This is the crux of the problem - we have absolutely no freaking idea why Blizzard won't setup here. Smaller companies with relatively small budgets can do it seemingly without a problem yet Blizzard holds back. It's dumbfounding beyond belief and very irritating.

Our resident CM Arcagnion was supposed to give us news regarding ANZ servers earlier this year. Just like the servers themselves, it never happened. It seems we have a better chance of seeing the sun rise from the west than ever seeing an ANZ server.
Reply Quote
Well, I guess I'll do the 'Merican Christian thing and "Do un to those as you would have do un to you".. and go "Meh" to Blizzard as Blizzard has done to me.

Besides, why play with horrible lag when I can play with no lag? Goodbye Blizzard, by the way. I gave $AU520 to PoE because they support their players. You are far too selective.
Edited by Palathas#1812 on 10/22/2013 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Absolutely terrible service for an awesome game. After many phone calls, live chat etc. no help whatsoever with this issue. I wont be back after this Blizzard.

As I have told many of my employees, "If you do the best job you can, that customer may only tell his wife, over dinner, how great your service was.. BUT... Do a bad job, they will tell EVERYBODY"
Reply Quote
I get that the online only is the best thing too do, but i just bought this game and i can barely play because my internet is too slow...
Edited by Banana#2162 on 10/27/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]