Diablo® III

So... not a port huh ?

Diablo 3 for PC was in Development since 2001.

Diablo 3 PC version came out in 2012

11 years.

On January 10, 2012 you claimed to be actively exploring the possibility of developing a console version.

Diablo 3 console version comes out this year (2013)

Please define
(Not a port but Built from ground up)

it takes you for ever to patch a single color dye bottle for a legendary, yet, you come up with a fully working, totaly redesigned, unported of any sort to multiple consoles within a single year?

Maybe some of the "console" team members should join PC team to help getting things moving faster ? (not beeing sarcastic. i meant that in a kindly and serious way)

thx
Reply Quote
Firstly, this version of Diablo 3 started development around 2006, not 2001.

Please define

Do you really need this defined for you? The console version clearly isn't a development that started from the conceptual stage. The engine, assets and code were brought into the development platform for the respective console directly from what was existing for the PC version. I guess you can say in that regard it was ported, but that's where the "porting" finishes. From there on the game has been completely overhauled to be a console experience from the ground up.

Have you not seen any footage of the Console version?... -_-
A port is the exact same game on a different platform, the console iteration of Diablo 3 is completely different.

You have totally misunderstood what they mean by "built from the ground up". It's actually incredulous that you don't understand the process here.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 7/16/2013 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Firstly, this version of Diablo 3 started development around 2006, not 2001.

Please define

Do you really need this defined for you? The console version clearly isn't a development that started from the conceptual stage. The engine, assets and code were brought into the development platform for the respective console directly from what was existing for the PC version. I guess you can say in that regard it was ported, but that's where the "porting" finishes. From there on the game has been completely overhauled to be a console experience from the ground up.

Have you not seen any footage of the Console version?... -_-
A port is the exact same game on a different platform, the console iteration of Diablo 3 is completely different.

You have totally misunderstood what they mean by "built from the ground up". It's actually incredulous that you don't understand the process here.

Nice one, couldn't have said it better myself =)

The core engine was ported over to SPU/XEN but all the gameplay code was more or less redesigned to work with console gameplay
Edited by Zombie#1529 on 7/16/2013 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
seriously... why do all the PC players complain here? our game is not even out yet, we got nothing but optimism. Seriously everyday, I look here for any news and updates and the first posts are always: "Why do blues only respond here?" OR "why do we have to pay for this game on console" OR "why do we get the itemization fix first" ...

I quit D3 because my computer blew up, but I am thankful that it allowed me to get away from those entitled brats. I seriously hope we can develop a community that doesn't !@#$% & moan all day long about how the game is not to their liking.

*sigh*
Reply Quote
07/16/2013 11:37 AMPosted by DragonLight
What they mean. Is that the core gameplay is the same. The interface was changed for the xbox/PS and I think they slow down the fast pace . So you getting same game with few tweaks that works for xbox/ps.

Tyvm for beeing the one with the smartest answer without complaining about the "person who created the topic" and explaining exaly what needed to be explained.

most of the people in the Diablo 3 comunity should read more reply like this and take exemple of intelligent reply. would help D3 forums even more.

cheers.
Edited by Archangel#1608 on 7/16/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]