Diablo® III

Where is everyone?

Support Forum Agent
Update 7/18: Our systems engineers have located the issue that has made it difficult for games make to find populated channels when joining chat. Although I don't have an exact ETA for when this will be resolved, please know that we are currently working on this and it may even be as soon as the next maintenance period when this has been taken care of.

Thank you to everyone for your understanding, and your patience! On this glorious Thursday, you have the blessing of Araxom that the Loot Goblins will treat you kindly and that your enemies will run in fear before you!
Edited by Araxom on 7/18/2013 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
07/18/2013 11:08 AMPosted by whoopadeedoo
Why did the devs change anything about chat channel population in the last maintenance? O.o

The black magic which is server maintenance is sometimes beyond even my powers of understanding. Basically, as I understand it - new equipment was put in and this kinda/sorta changed how the system looked at the grouping of chat channels. The affect to the chat channels wasn't something that was intended - but you all were right, something (is) definitely up. So, we've confirmed that and are currently working on resolving it.

@Skillol: Good call out - that's been resolved. As a side note, to everyone, if you would like to notify us of exploits, please don't do it by pasting a link here in the forums. Instead, you can alert our administrators through hacks@blizzard.com
Edited by Araxom on 7/18/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Araxom
Why did the devs change anything about chat channel population in the last maintenance? O.o

The black magic which is server maintenance is sometimes beyond even my powers of understanding. Basically, as I understand it - new equipment was put in and this kinda/sorta changed how the system looked at the grouping of chat channels. The affect to the chat channels wasn't something that was intended - but you all were right, something (is) definitely up. So, we've confirmed that and are currently working on resolving it.

Black magic bars our way (to chat channel), but the will of a Blizzard Employee is stronger?
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 12:59 AMPosted by Liberty
I was under the impression that the bots were gone and only players were left?!

It's the opposite pal, sorry.
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 12:42 AMPosted by ElTresSeis
Game is still sad and broken. I refused to play it unless brothers are interested at the time. I hate AH3.

You can pick up some better gear on the cheap. Look for upgrades for your toon in the bargin bins. I checked out your monk and you can upgrade a lot of your stuff for like 100k per slot.

If you think the game is broken because you can't as a human player out farm bots then your right. The quality of what is considered to be a good item has been pushed so high so fast by farming bots that the odds of you finding a drop worth a bunch of gold is astronomical.

On the positive side. You can buy something that would take you 1000's of hours self found for only a couple 100k.

If you feel you have to have the best of the bot farmed items you have a couple of options.
1. Real Money
2. Flip
3. Sell all your UNID legs and save forever
4. Play till your eyes bleed trying to find an item to compete with all the bots and human players that you can sell for other gear.

I went with option #2.

I'll admit that your right about the ah prices for a quick fix when it comes to making progress. I just get bored too quickly playing by myself. And the random groups I've been in was just lacking.

I would just like different play options instead of max out main attack stats. Its not the fear of being swarmed and never knowing when death might come. It's either incredibly easy or incredibly annoying.
Edited by Remnance#1696 on 7/18/2013 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Remnance

You can pick up some better gear on the cheap. Look for upgrades for your toon in the bargin bins. I checked out your monk and you can upgrade a lot of your stuff for like 100k per slot.

If you think the game is broken because you can't as a human player out farm bots then your right. The quality of what is considered to be a good item has been pushed so high so fast by farming bots that the odds of you finding a drop worth a bunch of gold is astronomical.

On the positive side. You can buy something that would take you 1000's of hours self found for only a couple 100k.

If you feel you have to have the best of the bot farmed items you have a couple of options.
1. Real Money
2. Flip
3. Sell all your UNID legs and save forever
4. Play till your eyes bleed trying to find an item to compete with all the bots and human players that you can sell for other gear.

I went with option #2.

I'll admit that your right about the ah prices for a quick fix when it comes to making progress. I just get bored too quickly playing by myself. And the random groups I've been in was just lacking.

I would just like different play options instead of max out main attack stats. Its not the fear of being swarmed and never knowing when death might come. It's either incredibly easy or incredibly annoying.
Max out main stat....That was the same for D2 lol
Reply Quote
just saw hash posting 2 rare ring for sale :D
Reply Quote
Yeah I've listed a bunch of nice stuff lately with 4 digit minimums and no caps and never get any bids.
Reply Quote
07/18/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Araxom
The black magic which is server maintenance is sometimes beyond even my powers of understanding.

Yeah me too.. especially when nothing is really done and nothing will be done til Nov. I am very sure you guys are working hard to track hackers and bots with all these updates. If not.. WHAT ELSE CAN IT BE?
Reply Quote
The soonest chat reapir will be next maintenance ?
Reply Quote
blizz and improvements d3 social .... so sad
Edited by Alavus#2756 on 7/19/2013 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]