Diablo® III

To the developers..

To the developers about the followers improvements in the future.

First I'd like to say Hi, and thank you for reading this!
My following suggestions about the followers would be very sweet and useful for everyone without breaking the game!
Here we go:
1. give followers +3%critical hit chance, they have +50%critical hit damage from start just like we have, but without chc its useless, and there is no 100% chance we can equip any item with chc
2. we need a hotkey for healing the follower, drag&drop potions on the icon is terrible
3. increase the damage done by followers, its a shame with 3k main stat and +1k dps on weapons can do only a few k damage, their dps is completely negligible on higher mps, should be calculating just like our damage, like in D2
4. allow the followers to benefit from shrines, +25% attack speed for example isn't a big thing but this can be loosed too, when the followers are dead, just like we do, this would motivate players to equip followers survivability
I would like to see these improvements in a future patch :) What you think or maybe got some better ideas? Just write them down.
Have a good lot!
PS:Excuse me for my bad English.
Edited by Rayman#1711 on 7/18/2013 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to add a few more ideas for followers:) (Liking Rayman's #1 idea (a base 3% CC chance) the best for his too :) )

1. Each player can bring one in multi-player games, but with certain constraints:

a). Identical buffs from 2 of the same follower type do NOT stack (ex. 2 Enchantresses with Focused Mind, or 2 Templars with Loyalty--you only get the buff ONCE (but in the case of the Templars, the higher level one dominates--gives better healing to all party members)).
b). The same followers with different buffs CAN stack--(2 Scoundrels--one with Anatomy, and 1 with Hysteria). *All party members get both effects.
c). Also, in the event that 2 of the same follower type (or more) are used (4 enchantresses), different color clothing can be used to make them easier to see whose follower is whose (possible colors: Purple, Pink, Dark Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, White, Black, Orange, etc.) *In the event two players choose the same color, the one with more exp keeps theirs, and the other is prompted to switch.
d). They can still all be "jailed" by Diablo for the final battle though--keeping it a "players-only" confrontation ;)

2. Enable set bonuses on Followers, add Legendary Tokens, AND NEW FOLLOWERS- ONLY SETS :D **Oh the possibilities.... :D**

3. TRUE FOLLOWER mode for farming:

a) Can use all 3 at once--but for single-play only.
b) Mandatory +2 MP penalty (2 levels higher), but NO increased MF, EXP, or GOLD find. (So if you play MP 4, using all 3 will mean you'll play MP 6, but only with the bonuses (including key drop/organ drop/Demonic Essence drops) granted for the above by MP 4.
^Game will still display the ACTUAL MP chosen--not the adjusted level for using all 3.
*Look out if you try it on MP 9 or 10!
**This can give players an excuse to try to make ALL of their followers "godly" in their attempt to create their own "perfect band" of adventurers :D
Edited by PDMangler#1993 on 7/21/2013 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
4 followers in a multi-player game can be too strong, ex:4 scoundrels with 4 high freeze chance burizas
And chance the monster AI to attack the closest target, like the nearest templar not the far demon hunter, it makes no sense that monster templar are mostly ignored by the mobs even if he hits them.
Edited by Rayman#1711 on 7/23/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
(1)
4 followers in a multi-player game can be too strong, ex:4 scoundrels with 4 high freeze chance burizas

(2) And chance the monster IA to attack the closest target, like the nearest templar not the far demon hunter, it makes no sense that monster templar are mostly ignored by the mobs even if he hits them.

1. I disagree that having 4 followers with 4 players is too much, as your example would be EXTREMELY RARE. (Possible yes, but very rare given that a high freeze Buriza (10%+) often sells for more than 100 million gold, and a 4% Freeze or better Star of Azkaranth sells for about the same. Very few players amass that much gold at one time--and you'd need to have 4 of them that rich (or extremely lucky enough to find the two items themselves). Also, with all the different builds, different follower bonuses, and skills, it would not be the best for everyone to bring the same types, as bonuses that are the same wouldn't stack, and some followers are better for different player classes too.

2. I assume you mean the "monster AI," but yes, I agree that is VERY lame that monsters just ignore your pets and followers and just rush at your character. Still, if none attack you at all, but just your pets/follower, the ranged characters would have a much easier time at any MP over the melee classes--that have to get up close and personal. They probably have it the way they do to put equal pressure on both ranged and melee characters, but still, it does seem a bit annoying and dumb after a while.
Reply Quote
PDMangler
1. Im not against the followers in multi-player idea, i only mean that this idea needs some attention.
2. Miss typed, thank you for correction. You said exactly what was in my mind. Even the best templar is useless if he is ignored.
Edited by Rayman#1711 on 7/23/2013 12:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Id like to see these things but also have more to offer like the second diablo. We can equip them fully. Making them an intricate part of our adventuring. And as i daid more of the above and seeing them in pub games so that if we find a great combo that we really need lets say to hit a breakpoint fer speed with 3percent more we dont lose it in pub games....not to mention everything else above. Thanks for listening blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]