Diablo® III

Blackthorne's Calamity

Well hopefully its not a calamity. Had a couple pieces lying around from a while back when I was toying around with %elite reduction/%damage to elites and thought I'd see what it looked like when I put a set together for a pseudo-brawling like build. Something different I guess. I feel like it should be better than it is compared to some of my regular setups, but probably if I calculated the actual ehp and edps maybe it is.

Thoughts?

Edit: (Profile Link) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Saros-1692/hero/4484548
Edited by Saros#1692 on 7/21/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really love your setup, as far as brawling is concerned. :-)

If you want to make your elite killing setup even more epic, dual wield Danetta's Set for the bonus damage to elites set bonus. Doing this would really complement your build theme.

You could also try swapping Litany for Unity. This would net you more damage against elites and still be in keeping with your builds theme.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 7/21/2013 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I thought about doing both of those and I use Unity in one of my regular PvE setups. The litany has 7% damage reduction though and with a shade under 80k vit now I worry about survivability though unity (or a rare ring with damage/cc/cd/dex) definitely increases my damage significantly. The danetta's set I worry won't have enough damage output, not to mention I lose the %cc to rapid fire and some vitality. Good thought though and thanks for the feedback! I am curious if the numbers pan out to be viable or not.
Reply Quote
I love the look! Nice to see a different looking DH... Would be nice if I can see what you look like on screen... Cheers!
Reply Quote
07/21/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Saros
I thought about doing both of those and I use Unity in one of my regular PvE setups. The litany has 7% damage reduction though and with a shade under 80k vit now I worry about survivability though unity (or a rare ring with damage/cc/cd/dex) definitely increases my damage significantly. The danetta's set I worry won't have enough damage output, not to mention I lose the %cc to rapid fire and some vitality. Good thought though and thanks for the feedback! I am curious if the numbers pan out to be viable or not.

Yeah, missing out the skill bonus from DML is one of the big downsides to DW.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 7/21/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
beautiful set man !!!
Reply Quote
Use a Manticore instead of a Calamity if you intend to play serious PVP. Also your EHP seems a little low for a tank build centered around the Blackthorne's set. I would recommend at least 120k life with at least 700 all resist. You have a good head start on some of the equipment, just need to tweak it further.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Iria
Use a Manticore instead of a Calamity if you intend to play serious PVP. Also your EHP seems a little low for a tank build centered around the Blackthorne's set. I would recommend at least 120k life with at least 700 all resist. You have a good head start on some of the equipment, just need to tweak it further.

lol u craft very very ...#@*& ... i cant craft any good for my DH.
ah 1 question 4 you , in pvp dh should use full set nat or not . thx i try to upgrade my dh :(
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 11:03 AMPosted by DarkInfinity
ah 1 question 4 you , in pvp dh should use full set nat or not . thx i try to upgrade my dh :(

This is a post I made recently on another forum:

http://www.viciouscattle.com/forum/thread-1927-1-1.html

It should answer all your questions.
Reply Quote
i've been trying similar gear, seems to work out ok.

rolled a pretty nice vit amulet today for :D
Reply Quote
Getting there. Crafted some gloves with additional armor and res all at the expense of some dps (but not too much) and switched to a manticore which seemed to work out so far. Still not sure where the next "big" upgrade would be though. My vit still seems low. I can probably upgrade the belt soon but that will only give me minimal bonuses. I'm still not 100% sure where I would get 40k life even if I rolled gloves with 100+ vit and an amulet with the same. I'll keep on crafting though.
Reply Quote
I use Blackthorne too. I usually use Ice Climber boots (+ 10K more DPS and more HP,AR)

If you want more Vit, look at my Belt. No AR, but 12%life.

Nice DH!
Reply Quote
This gear set is definitely my dream one in HC....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]