1. Experiment on low monster power (MP) levels. Go to "Options" → "Gameplay" and enable monster power selection.
2. On MP0 or 1, play with existing wizard skills. This is the best way for you to learn about the class. Please do this first before moving on with anything else.
3. If you want to use the AH for general gearing purposes, look for the following stats (all of which you severely lack at the moment):
DPS (damage per second):
- high intelligence
- high weapon damage
- critical hit chance
- critical hit damage
- attack speed
- elemental bonuses (adds X% damage as element)
- bonus damage (jewelry/source)
EHP (effective health pool):
- life bonus %
- resistance to all elements (includes 1 resist per 10 int)
- armor (also +strength)
- dodge (+dexterity)
- other reductions (elite/melee/range)
4. You will need to move around the above stats or add additional stats should you choose to run specific builds.
5. After you experiment on your own, thoroughly read: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9476737586
6. Once you get an idea of how different wizard skills synergize, thoroughly read: http://www.diablofans.com/topic/84199-guide-wizard-gear-guide/
7. Once you play around with different builds and have acquired enough gear to play at lower to mid MP levels, look through: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770117237
for supplementary information about the wizard class and all the different skills and mechanics that work behind the skills.
8. Specifically for gearing, it helps to get an idea what the maximum possible rolls are per item slot, enabling you to judge which gear slot can net the greatest returns on upgrades. See: http://www.diablohub.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/
for more information.