Diablo® III

Hey Yoda - plz help with some ?'s

IMO, you're the king of "been-there, done-that" wiz builds and gear setups. Would you mind writing up an editorial of sorts about the builds and gear setups you've "auditioned" and what you did and didn't like about each of them?

I'm itching to spend the money on switching to a LS setup, but don't want to experiment with my 1b gold if I don't have to. And I'm thinking if anyone else is like me, having your thoughts all in one thread might be a nice bookmark for future reference.

So, what have you found, what have you liked and disliked and why? What was your favorite and why?

And lastly, if you have stashes full of gear you've tried and aren't using, you could make a fortune renting it out to curious players like me :)

Thanks!

-Sev
Reply Quote
Proper LS is true end game.

Getting there will cost you a mortgage payment most likely.

Budget accordingly

Haha
Reply Quote
Proper LS is true end game.

Getting there will cost you a mortgage payment most likely.

Budget accordingly

Haha

Haha Booz, you truly are a next level wiz. That kind of gear level is something I would only get from a winning lottery ticket. I would love to try an end-game LS setup, but with my budget, would probably only hit the 2.31 bp...
Reply Quote
I would avoid LS all together if our stuck at 2.31...

Cm proc rates at 2.31 drop off drastically compared to 2.51+
Reply Quote
Don't know the goals for SNS wizards, but for Archon builds...

1. As high sheet DPS as possible
2. As high effective DPS as possible
3. As high base HP as possible
4. As high damage reduction as possible
5. As high base movement speed as possible
6. As high base life steal as possible
7. As close to tanking/killing 3x elite groups simultaneously without deaths or kiting on MP10 pub games with 3x AFK teammates in town

There.
Reply Quote
Don't know the goals for SNS wizards, but for Archon builds...

1. As high sheet DPS as possible
2. As high effective DPS as possible
3. As high base HP as possible
4. As high damage reduction as possible
5. As high base movement speed as possible
6. As high base life steal as possible
7. As close to tanking/killing 3x elite groups simultaneously without deaths or kiting on MP10 pub games with 3x AFK teammates in town

There.

So what you're saying is, if it ain't GG, don't buy it? Lol

I would avoid LS all together if our stuck at 2.31...

Cm proc rates at 2.31 drop off drastically compared to 2.51+

I play at 2.51 with 60% CC and I like it better than my previous 2.73 setup. I really want to transition to a LS build at 2.51, but don't wanna have to spend an arm and a leg to do it.

You know what you're talking about Booz so I won't even consider 2.31. Thanks for making that plain and simple.
Reply Quote
I've played pretty much every gearing route you could go. Also played right from the start. Not going to say my gear is anywhere close to the best or even uber level but i can offer some input.

Best builds in my opinion:

1) 2.73 LS Dagger - obviously the best. Top end freeze capability with godly sustain. The problem is it's the most demanding budget, mainly with the weapon as everything else wouldn't change too much from a 2.51 sword or 2.73 chant's build with SC. It's not optimal when you are cheaping out and have to settle for a low end dagger, its either go big or go home with this one

2) 2.51 LS Sword - A little easier on the budget than the dagger route but still very expensive to do correctly as boozer said. Requires high end APOC source and anywhere from 65-71% IAS depending on sword APS AND it needs to be done with a SC which translates to IAS on every slot (excluding the use of Inna's obviously). Big drawback are losing potential DPS to gain the proper IAS and mitigation. The good news is the freeze capability doesn't feel much different than 2.73, only noticeable here and there on moving elites/champs as well as a slower wind up. Sustain is amazing tho as it can keep up with high DPS whereas the LOH route eventually gets to the point where it can't keep up against RD/Elect

3) 2.73 chant's builds - a close third but much easier on the budget and probably better performance on ubers than #2. No need to go into why this is good, we all know whats what!
Reply Quote
Blazers, thanks for the info!

Yeah, 2.73 dagger is probably outta my budget, but you never know. What were your approximate stats with both that and the 2.51 sword build (CC, MIT, pDPS)? And did you use black weapons with the Zuni 2-pc?
Reply Quote
Blazer is pretty bang on.

Except daggers with that can out DPS sword do not exist on NA.

I've been through both optimal Mempo/OS setup @ 386k 89% mit 500kehp pre-D @ 2.73 and 54%cc and 840 loh

And sword. 409k 88% mit 480kehp pre D @ 2.51 and 57% cc 3% ls/400loh

LS > LOH. But costs twice as much I'd say.
Reply Quote
Blazers, thanks for the info!

Yeah, 2.73 dagger is probably outta my budget, but you never know. What were your approximate stats with both that and the 2.51 sword build (CC, MIT, pDPS)? And did you use black weapons with the Zuni 2-pc?

So when i rolled the dagger set up it was about 8 months ago. My buddy had a dagger stat stick he was using on his barb. It had 900ish dps, 60% CD, 2.7 LS and 10% IAS (or whatever IAS made it 1.64 aps). MItigation i have no clue as all of that gear has since been replaced. Findings were as expected, standard 2.73 freezing with invincible sustain... shame I will never get to try it with a proper dagger...

I do however still use a 2.51 LS set up from time to time, usually when i'm 150-200 ping. The sword is 1.51 APS, 2.3 LS, 65% CD, socket, 1144.47 DPS. So not an intro level sword but definitely not uber.

Stats are:

88.09% mit
308k DPS unbuffed (320 against elites)
778 AR
57% CC (with native 5)
920 LOH
2.3% LS
43.8k HPs
20 APOC

with the sword i had it worked out to needing 66% IAS which was nice, it's just a source/weapon change from what i have on now. Set up works very nicely if that is the way you decide to go :)
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Boozor
Except daggers with that can out DPS sword do not exist on NA.

Sorry definitely know this and should have mentioned it. If it existed boozer would have it... So its either 2.73 freeze or 2.51 with higher dps...
Reply Quote
I have a dagger for sale if anyone's interested:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/35378713

1025.1 DPS (458-797)
1417.5 DPS (698-1037) with ruby
1.64 APS
50% damage
9 IAS
43 CD
2.6 LS
socket
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Jaetch

Been eyeing this puppy in RMAH for quite some time, if only that CD was 60+. If it ever came down to 100ish i'd be interested hahahaha

What's it posted at nowadays btw?
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Blazers

Been eyeing this puppy in RMAH for quite some time, if only that CD was 60+. If it ever came down to 100ish i'd be interested hahahaha

What's it posted at nowadays btw?

Mine's in my stash. Whatever you're looking at isn't mine.
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Jaetch
Mine's in my stash. Whatever you're looking at isn't mine.

Nevermind then, sorry man it was one of the other popular forum wizards here that has one listed... but god could have swore its this one, its very similar.

In any case, what are you letting this one go at?

EDIT - i think it Void's dagger on there...
Edited by Blazers#1185 on 7/22/2013 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, Yes I think I relatively tried everything including SS and 2.73 dagger wiz (although Void thought my mit was not good enough). Only route I didn't take was LS sword b/c I knew it was going to be another spend big/sell low route. so I stopped there. I did locate a LS 10% sword but it was 18-20B. then another 15b-18B for right Tal Rasha Amulet...that's amost 36B-40B to make LS sword/sc wiz...

Actually, right now, I can make 2.73 chanto/os, 3.01/high LOH, 3.34/high LOH from the stuff in my stash.

Probably most of the dps chaser will say go sword/SC route - examples - Kiza, Boozor. Not sure about Zaska b/c of his relatively lower mit which is not up to my par but he does have crazy DPS so may be he kills fast before elite can do anything. But probably very very very expensive and finding the right sword is the biggest issue - probably you have to go through the private sector and locating the right seller is another question. These guys go through dprog/jsp to find the seller, negotiate and obtain the right items. I don't need that much trouble to go through that. I will jsut stick to RMAH. Hence, more difficult to gear sword/sc and you have to have patience which I don't have and connections.

Other than that, I think I have tried everything. Right now, I am liking 3.34 aps nat set route b/c I like seeing my wiz going ww/shard/freeze constantly. pretty cool sight. and yes, elite is frozen most of the time plus, I got 1600 LOH going.

I am planning to test relatively high dps 2.73 chanto/os set, 3.01 aps/high cc set, and 3.34 aps/semi high cc set- testing ground is core to azn (I believe it is the best testing route - you get three different elites - range/melee and azn with poison pool to test your sustainability).

I am planning to post gear pictures with stats and what I find. For now, while everyone is chasing a dps sword/sc wiz, I'm just going to play with chanto will until I nerf out.

I'm not a big theorycrafter - Void/Boozor are the guys who are extremely knowlegeable. I just learn from trying different gears and finding what I like the most from playing.

ps. oh, I also have Litany and elite reduction tal rasha which enable me up to 21% elite reduction. I sort of liked it esp wtih 90% base mit.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 7/22/2013 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Blazers
Requires high end APOC source and anywhere from 65-71% IAS depending on sword APS AND it needs to be done with a SC which translates to IAS on every slot (excluding the use of Inna's obviously).

2.51 Sword
the route of 1.54 and 1.55 sword requires 7 IAS pieces 63% and 61% respectively and you can use then use an apoc trium for a DPS gain over chants.

Swords are rarer and can theoretically the highest DPS setup
Reply Quote
2.51 Sword
the route of 1.54 and 1.55 sword requires 7 IAS pieces 63% and 61% respectively and you can use then use an apoc trium for a DPS gain over chants.

Totally correct, forgot to include the 1.54 & 1.55 swords, anything lower still requires the 8 pieces of IAS. But ya, if you can get your hands on one of those you're laughing! I would definitely use an APOC trium if my sword was 1.54/1.55
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Comrade
Requires high end APOC source and anywhere from 65-71% IAS depending on sword APS AND it needs to be done with a SC which translates to IAS on every slot (excluding the use of Inna's obviously).

2.51 Sword

This sounds pretty awesome. LoH was great at 140k dps, but as I'm breaking 200k, I know the sustain from LS can't be beaten. Wait - aren't you running ridiculously low MIT with your setup?
Reply Quote
07/22/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Severinze
aren't you running ridiculously low MIT with your setup?

83.61 is low, not ridiculously low =)
I still have 365/465k EHP

the 84.X% Zuni setup with the higher EHP doesnt tank as well as the high dodge nats setup
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]