Diablo® III

New (Mid 2013) MacBook Air Problem: Lag Out!?

I had quit playing D3 for a while, but I just got a new computer, a Mid 2013 MacBook Air. I figured it would outperform my three year old MacBook, so I wanted to try Diablo again. Well - it's unplayable.

My game constantly lags out now. I'll be playing, inputting actions, moving, popping potions, but the background and enemies don't move. This wouldn't be (too big) of a problem, except I like to play Hardcore. I already lost a character to lag out, and I came precariously close to losing a level 31 guy who I'm trying to get back up there.

You guys made the game so freaking boring to play that Hardcore is the only thrill. Except I am NOT losing another character to lagging out. Please advise.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Please read the post linked below, and if you have not already installed this update, now would be a good time to do so as it fixes issues with the MBA's wireless card:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499880486
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]